Transfer Window Talk

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by hangthadj, Nov 30, 2004.

1. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Apparently Celtic is in on the chase now too.

2. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    yeah, I saw that on soccernet earlier. Given that Hartson is there, Bellamy may indeed be headed north.

3. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    De Pedro is off to Perugia on a free transfer. What a waste of money. Thanks Souey! :mad:

4. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I remember a couple years back when Saints were first linked with him. I was pretty excited. Then the move didn't go through and I was bummed. In hindsight, I'm glad they didn't land him.

5. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Look, the guy was a Spain international, and had a great season when Real Soceidad just missed out on the title a couple years back. Apparently, things didn't work out for him here, but the only money we wasted were his wages, as he arrived on a free. I don't know why it didn't work out, because he should have been a quality player.

Anyway, this day is looking grim: Celtic got Bellamy (on loan), and we seem to have lost Ferguson to Rangers for 4.5M. Not sure if that includes the 2.5M we owe still owe them, but probably not. We've been reived!

6. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    yes, he was on a free, I had forgotten about that. It just pissed me off that he came in with some sort of pedigree, and then turns out all of three times if memory serves me correctly. (twice in the league, once in the Carling Cup). One has to wonder if there was a bigger reason at play last season when he barely got any action at Sociedad as well.

7. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Souness made some crap signings, that's for sure, but I wanted to like De Pedro. He's probably just over-the-hill now, or he's lost interest. But you wonder, if he'd been signed by Bolton...

Don't look now, but Birmingham City just signed Walter Pandiani on loan for the rest of the season. And they need strikers less than we do...

8. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I wish we got more for Captain Quitter, but really what was the point of keeping him around. What a fraud.

9. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Oddly enough there was mention in the mirror earlier this week about Hughes possibly going after Dwayne Derosario formerly of the San Jose Earthquakes. That made no sense to me at all.

10. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    yeah, I saw some mention of that too. A sign of desperation perhaps.

11. yass0000

yass0000 New Member

May 29, 2006
    hey guys
    i think that this is the chance to get Mido the prefect assistant & header in tottenham....this season he made good effrosts in makin tottenham the 5th in the primier...rele he is fantastic ...he haad to pay his attiude out only
    but he is so well for Rovers
    plz yor opinions ???????????????????????

12. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    He's a good player, but I think Roma would probably want too much for him.

13. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I don't want Mido anywhere near this team.

14. SoCalian

SoCalian New Member

May 17, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    what other strikers are we looking at?

15. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I've heard Heskey.

Not sure what to think of that.

16. Jilleen

Jilleen New Member

Dec 16, 2005
    East Coast, Canada
    Bring back Steph Henchoz!!!

17. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I say no to both of these moves. :D

18. Jilleen

Jilleen New Member

Dec 16, 2005
    East Coast, Canada
    Come now -- we need more eye candy at Ewood Park!! :eek: :eek: Robbie's hair isn't looking quite as *pretty* these days. (I think he needs to switch conditioners and start getting weekly hot oil treatments.);) ;) :p :p

Seriously, though, Henchoz was always great as a Rover, and he had a very respectable season with Wigan -- one of the key reasons they did so well, particularly in the first half of the season. I think his playing personality would fit in really well with our current dynamics.

Also, he doesn't command a huge salary, and as he has been released from Wigan he would be free -- no nasty transfer fees.

Plus, he's really, really, really hot.

19. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    eh, but Henchoz isn't getting any younger, and you have to admit that we have a nice situation at centerback as it. ;)

20. Jilleen

Jilleen New Member

Dec 16, 2005
    East Coast, Canada
    Neither am I!! Tee hee hee!!

21. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Hencoz is too old and slow. If we were to get another defender, I'd prefer some 6 foot 8 monster who can devour high balls and come steaming in for corners. Their positioning would have to be good as well.

Nikola Zigic, who has been linked with us, looked very lazy and poor for S&M (that's Serbia and Montenegro Jileen, before you get too excited).

22. SoCalian

SoCalian New Member

May 17, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    We shoulda got gooch, instead of middlesbourgh getting him. I don't know how much they paid though.

23. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not sure Boro actually signed him...they signed Huth from Chelsea instead, right?

24. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    I heard a rumor that Blackburn could be interested in Benny McCarthy. You guys know something about this?

25. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Costa rican U19 players Kendall Watson and Celso Borges are going to England for a tryout with your team