Transfer Window Talk

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by hangthadj, Nov 30, 2004.

1. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I made a little donation while I was in town. :D

2. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Well Nelson came on a free, Mokeona was on the cheap, and didn't we just recieve money from a court case as well?

That and the above mentioned donation of course.

3. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    And now Barry has put in a transfer request. Nice job, captain.

Ugh...

4. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    he can ******** off. Way to be a pvssy and go back to Rangers.

5. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    He's a joke.

The request means we won't get what he is worth, and just puts us in a very bad situation.

The only good that comes out of it is money to possibly get a striker, like McCarthy

6. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I just don't get it. I guess some people just shy away from a challenge so that they can take it easy and win everything in the "prestigious" SPL. :rolleyes:

7. treefire

treefire Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Lillehammer
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regarding where the money is coming from... We haven't spent THAT much (yet), and I think we still probably have some of Chelsea's money (Duff)

8. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    you also have to consider that some of the money we've gotten for Duff, Dunn, etc. is going towards our debt, instead of going straight into the transfer funds.

9. heybuddybuddy

heybuddybuddy New Member

Nov 22, 2003
    newjersey
    aside from wanting to go back to rangers to be the big fish in a small pond is it possible that ferguson and/or his agent doesnt want him to play on the same team with savage?

10. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I doubt it, but when you're dealing with such fragile egos, I guess it could be possible.

11. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Savage to have a medical tomorrow and sign if he passes. Still maintains he's come to be close to his family, which isn't that inspiring.

And then there's "Captain" Barry. What a little punk. Comes, gets hurt, recovers, plays half a season and wants to go home. I can see some of the interest in going to Rangers--they have better attendence and atmosphere than Rovers, they are almost guaranteed European football, and the chance to win championships. The other side, of course, is that you're playing against Dundee, Kilmarnoc and Inverness Callie Thistle rather than Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United. But whatever, if he's a true bluebell, then he should go play where his heart is. Soccernet also implying it has a lot to do with Souness' departure. I just hope we get decent cash for him--we know they have the cash from Boumsong, that should give us some help. We paid 7.5M for him 18 months ago. This sucks.

12. MyTZeus

MyTZeus New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Boring Suburban Hell
    My understanding is that the settlement from the court case will be paid in April. 4.5 million pounds. I think the Jan. transfer kitty was earmarked out of normal operating funds, in order to help Hughes out. If Souey was still in charge, I'm sure it would have been "sorry Graeme, we're skint!" :p

Speaking of Souness, I fully expect a bid for Ferguson from Newcastle in the next week. They belong together. Bastids.

13. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't think they have the money, after signing Boumsong, Babayaro and Faye. Plus, he has a pretty good midfield with Jenas, Dyer and Butt long-term.

But it's funny you suggest this, as we've been linked to Bellamy (Hughes connection) today at Soccernet (for one). What about a trade? I'd take the firepower of Bellamy at the expense of our homesick captain...

Anyway, Bellamy apparently isn't in much demand, and they'll sell him cheap, but they are only getting loan offers. I don't see that a loan would be bad for NUFC, since it would give Bellamy a chance to prove himself again, and increase his transfer fee, which would benefit both him and Newcastle. So maybe it would be possible.

And we do need a little more firepower. And he'd give us some speed, too.

Can you imagine the shear annoyence factor of a Dickov-Bellamy pairing? Bookings galore!

14. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    we'd become the most hated team in the league, with those two and Savage on hand. :D

15. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

No kiddding!

I just wonder if with the way Souness left if he would want to allow Bellamy to come here on loan or whether he'd give him away to someone else like Man City. Regardless, I think he is a little prat, but on Rovers, he'd be our little prat. Much like Savage, once he gets to Blackburn, I'd be all for him.

I erad a little blip about Diego Tristan, but I can't imagine that having legs.

Has there been any tack of Souness going after Ferguson? I haven't heard any, but I've been a bit out of it. I just know that Rangers admitted defeat in there bids for him, but thats it. He's not getting back the captains arm band at any rate is he?

16. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Impossible....the "most hated team" is not in UK but USA, and their name is the New Jersey Metrostars of MLS=>
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1
    ...real scum of the earth...
    So don't worry...the "most hated team" title is safe!

IntheNet

17. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I've caught wind of the Tristan talk as well, but I just don't see that happening.

Supposedly Ferguson only wanted to go to Rangers, and given that Newcastle have reinforced the midfield this month, I don't think they're in for him.

And yeah, I don't know how Ferguson would ever get the captaincy back after this. So who gets the armband now? Dickov for me, I'd say.

18. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    but we're talking about the most hated team in the Premiership, not MLS.

19. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Wasn't Todd wearing it last game? I guess thats because Dickov was out through suspension, though. I'd have no problem with either. Though down the road, if he plays like he did at Birmingham I wouldn't be suprised to see Savage wear it periodically.

20. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Yes, Todd was captain against Bolton. In all honesty I think Brad would have a good case for it too, but keepers are rarely captains.

21. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fox Sports World Report tonight said that Blackburn were bidding for Bellamy (as well as Brum). I do hope we snatch him out from under their noses. I think the Hughes connexion and the fact that we really really need help up front could do it for us. Heskey and whats-his-name are doing fine for Birmingham...

Are we rivals with Brum, because if we weren't, we are now, with the Savage deal, this, and our proximity in the table...

22. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Yep. I have really started to hate Brum as well. At least we can also laugh at them now that Dunn is crocked again.

I gotta think Bellamy would choose Blackburn, if only for Hughes.

23. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I'm undecided on Bellamy to be honest. Sure he can come in and score some goals, but can he really just shut up and play his football?

24. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Under Hughes, yes.

25. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    well I would like to think that, but I guess there's only one way we can find out. If he does come, we'll definitely be able to run all day up front.