Transfer Window Talk

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by hangthadj, Nov 30, 2004.

1. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I wouldn't want to sell Ferguson, but you have to wonder if he'd be interested in returning to Rangers.

The Savage story is playing out like a Univison soap opera. I'd like to get him, but I'm getting to the point where I'm almost tired of hearing about it.

2. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nonsense. He's finally getting his chance to prove himself in the Premiership, he's team captain and one of our best players. Plus, we paid more than 5M for him, less than two years ago, and he was injured for half that time. No chance.

That said, watch it happen. :rolleyes:

3. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I doubt it will happen. The only reason I'd see him wanting to return is to go back home. Granted, the travel to Scotland isn't bad from Blackburn, but he mentioned that his family was having a tough time settling in early last season.

4. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Thwe only reason I could see Ferguseon going is if Hughes wasnts Savage as a replacement, instead of playing alongside him. And if they get 5 mil for him thats still 2 mil more than Birmingham wants for Savage. However, if we don't need to sell him, I see no reason to. We can clearly be a better team with him in the mix.

5. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Sunderland wants Stead. That pisses me off.

And we are linked with Cristival of Marseille according to scottish press reports. Apparently 13 defenders isn't enough.

6. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nelsen in.

7. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

to be honest i see him making next to no impact. But, I hope I am wrong.

8. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I see Savage as a replacement for Tugay/Flitcroft not Ferguson, who is still 26, while Savage is 30...doesn't make sense to me.

Savage and Ferguson would make a killer pair.

Stead to Sunderland is interesting. He hasn't scored this year, and we have a few other options there, with Jansen, Gallacher and Bothroyd.

Nelson in, really? And Christanval linked (I found him linked to Saints and Bolton)? What's the point of having a million centre halves if we can only play 2 at once? :rolleyes:

9. RMDad

RMDad New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Fredericksburg, Va.
    Nelson is a class act, yall are fortunate to get him.
    A first rate work ethic, decent size, and excellent leadership qualities.
    Also, Ryan is a hell of a nice guy.
    He will be missed at RFK.
    Mark

10. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I don't see Tugay going anywhere, but once our whole midfield is healthy the old soldier Flitcroft is probably the odd man out.

Absolutely. I really want Savage to come over, and I know that Hughes can and will get the best out of him.

For some reason, possibly sentimental, I am much higher, still, on Stead than Bothroyd. Bothroyd is of course only on loan as well. So eventually he's gone, and I don't think he's done enough for us to buy. So I just don't really see him as someone for the longterm, whereas I do think Stead can help us out for a while.

I think I read somewhere that out of 30 players on the books right now, 13 are defenders. How bout a goal scorer? Anyone?

11. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Well, here is the latest from Hughes on Savage...

`I have to say it is getting very, very close to the level that we want to go to with it.

``We made an improved offer this week and my information is that that offer was refused as well.

``We know we have gone about it in the right way and we feel it is a deal we would like to do. But if we are not able to do it for whatever reason, then we have to move on.''

Not looking too good.

12. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york

sokota sucks---he dissapointed big time at the euros
    he just stays towards the goal area and once he receives the ball he seems too tired to do anything

sokota would give you max 5 goals by the end of the season :)

13. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

He was at Dinamo Zagreb a while back wasn't he? I remember him being quite a prospect there...

14. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Interesting to note that Savage isn't in the team for today's FA cup match.

15. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Apparently Moyes is gonna attempt to bring Thompson to Everton.

Birmingham continues to talk bull about an illegal approach theat Blackburn made for Savage, and tehn says they won't report it to the FA. Screw Birmingham.

And, theer is still talk of Barry going back to Rangers, but I can't imagine that really has legs.

16. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Just in case you didn't think we had enough defenders, Thomas Linke of Bayern Munich seems linked with Blackburn now.

WTF?

Hey, we could still use a goalscorer.

I'll be in LA for 3 days without internet access which means they'll probably make 3 good signings.

17. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
  18. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  19. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
  20. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I will be very upset if they let Barry go.

21. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    indeed.
    I'll be upset for a couple of reasons if he goes. A player of his caliber should not be giving up on playing in the Premiership just so he can go back to Rangers and have at least one trophy handed to him per season. Blackburn stands to lose millions of pounds if he wants away bad enough, which, mind you, Blackburn is not in a position to mave money pissed away. Finally, I really want to see what a Savage/Ferguson combo in the middle of the park could do. Let's hope he stays.

22. heybuddybuddy

heybuddybuddy New Member

Nov 22, 2003
    newjersey
  23. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    that would be great. There may be something to this one, since Mokoena is here now.

24. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    That would be a very nice signing. And he definately is more of an out and out goalscorer than Sokota. Wow. That sorta came out of nowhere.

25. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England