Transfer Window Talk

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by hangthadj, Nov 30, 2004.

1. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Here is where the Mirror says Nelson and Mokoena are coming:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sport...ine=sparky-s-nelsen-to-lord-it-name_page.html

I remember Mokoena from the World Cup, and he's not bad. Still fairly young, too. Nelson was good in MLS, but I'm not sure he's a huge upgrade on what we have. Both of them will take a while to adjust to the new league, too.

As much as we need a center-half, I think we need a partner for Ferguson in the middle, too, somebody who will give cover to the back-line and get forward. Tugay and Flitcroft used to be a good pair, but they are both getting up there, and we need to replace them. Thompson apparently needs a lesson in discipline, but he still may pan out.

I thought coming in to the season that Matteo would start in the center of our back-line, but he almost never has. We have had problems at left-back, too.

Where can I find an up-to-date and complete injury list? I assume Gray, De Pedro, Djorkeaff, Gresko, and Amoruso are all on it. That's part of the problem, to be sure.

2. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    as far as I know, Gray is not injured, he just isn't being picked for the squad. I believe the same can be said for De Pedro. Djorkaeff is out with a hamstring problem, Gresko out for the season with an ACL, and Amoruso is out with his heel problem.

3. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It would be nice, but I don't think good players that do that job come cheap. And when you have the chairman telling Hughes Blackburn are not big spenders anymore I don't see us getting anyone to fill that role. It seems all Hughes is focusing on is defense. So what limited funds we have will be going there.

Now I agere with you that Thompson may pan out into the role you stated. But he's been crocked the past two seasons. You have Tugay out for a few weeks and you would expect Thompson to come in and show his stuff, but when he's not kicking the ball into row zed he's being booked and sent off. By far he was the most frustrating part of saturdays game.

4. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Robbie Savage seems to be coming up more and more.

5. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
  6. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
  7. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

The only thing that really worries me about that is you know that Souness thinks the world of Brad, and rates him as one of the very top keepers he's seen. I hate to think Brad would leave either, but ya gotta think...he seems to be out of the US national team setup at the moment, so if you were him would you rather be getting your thrills from a relegation battle or fighting for a European place every year. In his shoes, I'd wanna be in Europe.

I just can't imagine that we would sell him though. He's far to important to our chances of staying up.

8. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
  9. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
  10. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I think it's going to happen, I really do.

11. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Savage and Ferguson would be a good centre-mid pairing. I just don't know why Savage would leave Brum for Rovers, when it's not a step up in any way I can see (well, besides the fact that Rovers are the greatest club in England :rolleyes: ).

Sky Sports News (tv) tonight: David Gold insists Savage is not for sale. "Savage is one of our best players and we don't want to sell him."

But apparently John Spector is coming on-loan from Man Utd. That should make all the Yank's Abroad junkies wet their pants. I'm not particularly impressed, myself. :cool:

12. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Any links for that? I was talking to some Man United fan about wanting that to happen at the pub just 2 weeks back. Nice.

13. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    saw this on football365...

ANY DEAL HERE?
    Birmingham City boss Steve Bruce could make an offer for Blackburn striker Paul Dickov in response to Rovers' £2.2m bid for Robbie Savage. Blackburn boss Mark Hughes is a huge admirer of the Welshman, who he knows well from his time as national team boss, but Birmingham have repeatedly insisted that he is not for sale. And now with this cheeky bid for Dickov, Rovers must resign themselves to looking elsewhere to strengthen their midfield.

14. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    You know, I was quite content lurking on this board until you had to go and bring the troll out in me with that remark. ;)

If this loan goes through I'll check back in with you in May to see who really wet their pants over this loan.

'Til then...

15. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    was this in the rumour section? I've found that not much can be all too reliable from there. I've kinda warmed to the idea of getting Savage though.

16. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

yeah, it was...i am unsure if i believe it, but it seems possible.

I have actually really warmed to the idea of savage and hope we get him now. i must be going mad.

17. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    well rovers official site confirms the dickov link...

Rovers have today confirmed receiving an approach from Birmingham City for top scorer Paul Dickov.

Chief Executive John Williams said the bid, which was discussed with the player and his agent, had been rejected.

"We rejected the approach and Paul also made it clear that he was very happy here at Rovers and had no intention of leaving," said Mr Williams.

18. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    yeah, I just saw confirmation of this on Soccernet. I know Birmingham needs another striker, but I think it's fair to say this the bid for Dickov was intended to get Blackburn off of Savage's trail.

19. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    absolutely....

on brfcs.com there is talk in the forums about a savage interview on sky sports that makes it sound like he's coming our way. i'll have to watch tonight.

20. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    there has been way too much talk of it for it not to happen in my opinion.

Also, it looks like De Pedro may be going to Real Mallorca. Good riddance.

21. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Is Blackburn buying or selling footballers during this January Transfer window? It seems like ever since Duff left....Blackburn is bleeding like a battle wound casualty. I'm surprised some club hasn't offered $$$ for Freidel.

blkbrnrvr,
    Hope you had a great trip. I would love to hear about it.

22. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    it looks like we might unload De Pedro, but otherwise I think we'll be buying a couple of players.

Also, I'll be sure to take a ton of pics for everybody to see. Hopefully I'll have some great stories of my drunkeness as well. :D

23. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The Savage story won't go away., the latest...

Brady told The Sun: "Blackburn faxed us an offer which was a waste of fax paper and a waste of my time reading it. I had told them not to bother putting a bid in writing unless it was a serious one. But what they came up with was nothing short of derisory."

"It could have meant us waiting five years to get our money. The way things are going all this could affect the relationship between the two clubs. They've got into Robbie Savage's head, but he's not for sale -- and that's it.

And my favorite, from the Daily Mirror....Rumour Of The Day
    'Robbie Savage broke down in tears and begged to be allowed to leave Birmingham - because he claims the fans are bullying him' – The Daily Mirror.
    :rolleyes:

Its a damn soap opera.

24. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    another year, another transfer window. :)

Looks like Djorkaeff is officially on his way out.

25. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    He's still here? ;)