Transfer window rumors?

Discussion in 'Everton' started by patfan1, Jan 2, 2009.

1. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't seen anything yet ... has anyone heard anything?

2. Jondi10

Jondi10 Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Rome, GA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Out Rumors:

Arteta - Arsenal 12 mil
    Lescott - Man City 10 mil

In Rumors:

Giampaolo Pazzini
    Vagner Love (again)
    Pavel Pogrebnyak
    Owen

3. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    On the right side of this site you can see what players the media have linked us with In German

Most are rubbish though. If you click on "Abgange" you can see which players have been linked away from us (like Arteta to Arsenal)

4. KATref

KATref Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Stow, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arteta not for sale, insists Moyes

"Arsene Wenger has also distanced himself from reports linking him with Arteta and said: "Mikel Arteta is a very good player but we have not made any enquiry about him at all."

5. BuddhaNYC

BuddhaNYC Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Queens, NYC
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would love to bring in podolski.. he would be a great striker for everton with his speed and big play ability. and hes young

6. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    We don't have any money for anyone. I might as well close this thread :D :p

In all honesty though I don't think we'll get anyone besides the odd loan/cheap signing (i.e. Leroy Lita :rolleyes: )

7. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't know why we torture ourselves with these threads. It's always anti climactic. We'll probably get Giles Grimandi on loan or something uninteresting.

8. Jondi10

Jondi10 Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Rome, GA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. KATref

KATref Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Stow, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope springs eternal? or something like that. :eek:

10. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's a tricky one isn't it.

Apparently Alan Smith *sigh* is being rumoured again.

11. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Reports from France and Mexico are stating that Everton have made a 500K$ loan deal for CL Atlante's (Mexican Primera Liga) Venezuelan striker Giancarlo Maldonaldo, who is one of the top hitmen of the league. Atlante might not accept due to a striker shortage (where have I heard that one before :rolleyes: )

*wait for it*

*waitttttt*

Watch this space ;)

12. HogDaddy

HogDaddy Member

Mar 27, 2001
    St. Charles, MO
    Fox Sports in the US is reporting that Everton have expressed an interest in Villareal striker and US national teamer Josmer Altidore.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9043938/Toffees-like-the-look-of-Altidore?FSO2&ATT=MA

"But now the Toffees have made an approach to Villarreal to take the highly-rated Altidore.

The 19-year-old, already a full international, is regarded as one of the finest striking prospects in world football and Villarreal beat a host of clubs to land him last summer when they paid the MLS over £7million to take him from New York Red Bull."​

This would be great news for me if it came to be true. My favorite young US nat on my EPL team! However, it would have to be a loan deal considering all that Moyes has been saying about transfers.

The story also mentions Maldonado as a possible loan signee. See OLH's post above.

13. JasonD

JasonD New Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    I'd love to get Altidore, but I just can't see it happening.

14. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Ives, so far you're right.

15. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd take a loan deal, but I wouldn't want us spending £7m on an untried and untested striker like Villarreal did, and since they wouldn't let him go for less or the same I definitely would hate to see us try and raise our bid for him. A loan deal would be perfect but nothing else.

16. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD
    Everton manager Davie Moyes is poised to bid for Hearts captain Christophe Berra and his Tynecastle team-mate Andrew Driver. (Daily Record)

Moyes is prepared to pay up to £1.5m to entice Driver away from Hearts. (Daily Express)

17. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If I could get anyone this transer window it'd be Pogrebnyak.

18. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Patfan... Moyes is coming out with some of our 'favourite' words...

" but says he will take his time to ensure any arrivals are the right ones for the Club"

emphasis mine.

:(

source

Edit: For those who don't know what I'm talking about: Don't get me wrong I want the people who come to EFC to fit in well, and I don't want to buy/loan just anyone, it's just as a Revs fan that excuse has been used to the point of insanity. I can barely read articles about finding new players because I don't want to hear it... especially after so many times we pass on someone who goes on to tear it up at a different MLS team... there's no way ALL of them aren't "the right player" or "the right fit" or "won't gel" *shudders* that's what I'm referencing here :\ The rest of the article is actually ok to read... Moyes does take his time and he does seem to have a knack for finding golden boys... arteta, cahill, peanut... fellaini is settling in and starting to look a lot better... I trust him to find good players, I just don't trust that we'll have the money to buy the ones he finds :(

19. HogDaddy

HogDaddy Member

Mar 27, 2001
    St. Charles, MO
  20. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Keep the faith, the days have passed where we'd buy players with good reputations who'd be useless with us then go on to be bigger things ala Dacourt, Bakayoko, Materazzi and co. Moyes does it differently. Having had the foundations built by good business on the part of Walter Smith. We may not have the money to buy big, but what does that matter? Moyes has done it countless times, he is a good judge of potential, and to me I'd take a signing of <£4m who turns into something a lot bigger during his tenure, rather than buying someone of £15m who plays at that value.

God I'm crap at explaining things sometimes. :p

21. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    oh no, i really do think moyes does a fantastic job on such crap limited budget. It was more the words just make me shudder cos of the association with the Revolution front office... :D

I love my revs, I do... but I don't want to hear them use that excuse one more time. For the Toffees I'll let it go because at least Moyes does have a good track record... and not that Nicol doesn't, he does find draft pics that go on to great things (dempsey and parky to start) it's just been ingrained for 13-4 years that that's the excuse...

i was just trying to break up a boring transfer window with a joke... albeit an inside one ;) :p

22. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The MLS drafting system is gay. I was Chicago Fire on Football Manager and just realised how stupid the format was. Couldn't keep my interest.

23. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Latest rumours link us with Reading and Ireland's Midfielder Steven Hunt, Promising Bristol City and Wales U19 international defender James Wilson, and even a loan deal for Javier Saviola.

24. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    The guy on talksport (radio) who broke the Gravesen deal to Real Madrid said that Saviola will be coming to us on loan.

If that is true that would be an immense signing for us, hopefully in time for the derbies as well, because we could sorely use him even just on the bench...