Transfer thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    On the one hand F that guy. On the other F Barcelona for hijacking a transfer just to let him rot on the bench just because you can.

Michael Berk repped this.
  2. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

He posted on social media about this not being the start he obviously wanted but he's ready to contribute now. He's going to be crucial for us to fix the consistency issue and get ouo season under control. Bank it.

shiboboo and Midfield General repped this.
  3. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    1058340369082081280 is not a valid tweet id

Wonderful. Grazie MONGO.

4. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Bring him in and let him rot on the bench worse than Borrielo.

6. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Rugani/Manolas swapt rumors going around.

7. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    They can keep that underweight transgender Gobbo.

Java65 and La Magica repped this.
  8. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Need a striker in January to offer an alternative to Dzeko.

9. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    upload_2018-11-3_18-28-53.png

PC Police should be banging down your door any minute.

10. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  11. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    ErPupone repped this.
  12. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plus cash our way and I'd jump all over it.

13. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    The most recent Romapress podcast had Alessandro Austini on , and I gotta say it's my favourite episode.

Definitely worth a listen.

Java65 repped this.
  14. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't understand why we didn't invest in a quality CD in the summer. We have not invested seriously there since we bought Rudiger in 2015 and have become too reliant on Manolas.

Udinese bought an impressive young Ghanaian called Nicholas Opoku, that is the type of transfer we should have done instead of Marcano.

Monchi's policy of not paying much for defenders seems flawed to me.

15. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No to the picture.

On topic: What ever happenend to the greatest signing in Roman history ? aswell as the most expensive ? the guy who wanted to go to Man Utd ? How many goals has he scored, actually ? Yet again, I was right and you all were wrong.

16. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Someone remind me, did Romangoli force his way out or did we capitalize on pulvenza?

He’s exactly what we need at the back, sigh.

17. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It's true, Schick has been a not so insignificant disappointment so far and, sadly, looks to have gone backwards if anything in recent weeks. However, until a time comes, if it comes, that we offload him for significantly less than we bought him for, he can't be considered a flop. He's young, he has time on his side. But I wont lie Nelly, I am starting to lose a little faith in Schick.

LordNelson repped this.
  18. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Starting? lol

I forgot that Monchi did buy a CD in the summer, 11m for Bianda... who is playing for the Primavera.

Unbelieveable!

19. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Milan made an offer and we accepted it, basically. It was a lot of money at that time and when the Lazio pictures came out I don't think too many regretted it.

20. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Does PSG still have losses to balance out? Bring Marcos back home.

Shen-O and Indian_Gladiator repped this.
  21. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    A good chunk of us this summer had said that our team was dismantled and terrible, while most defended monchi and our signings.

Now we see how that turned out...

Joke of a club

22. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    And they were patting themselves on the back because they were living in an echo-chamber. The Moronchi-crowd is getting quieter and quieter as time goes. But we know who they are.

Tottino repped this.
  23. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing that struck me the most was Austini talking about our mentality. We've been hearing about that forever and I think he's correct.

This discussion came up when Totti said Juve were going to win the league and everyone else was playing for second. I said Totti was wrong then and I believe it more strongly now.

This clubs attitude from top to bottom needs to change; the players work ethic, their professionalism and their winning attitude. If that means we need to get rid of the old guard like DDR and Florenzi then so be it. We'll never accomplish anything as long as the players aim low.

24. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    #199 Hustle and Flow, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    EDF and Monchi have talked about it too. It's definitely an issue. Austini also said the fans contribute to it as well , which I 100% agree with. Without actually being behind the scenes , it's impossible to truly put my finger on it , but the mental capitulation we see on the field is just beyond evident.

I don't think it's Florenzi and DDR that are the problem. They're consistently the one's who show up when the chips are down. DDR is the best big game player on our roster and you can never question Florenzi's effort.

Dzeko, Fazio and SES are the one's I'm looking at. Those guys crumble every time. Next game we get hit with some adversity in a game we're supposed to win , watch them specifically and you'll see a dramatic drop off in performance , it's like clockwork.

Changing a culture takes a long time , but the quickest way to see tangible difference is the players you bring in. Roma needs players that are not only good , but extremely strong mentally.

When you build a team , you need to build a team that not only represents the city , but is capable of playing in that city. Not everyone can be a Yankee; not everyone can be a Toronto Maple Leaf; not everyone can be a New York Knick... and not everyone can deal with the insanity of Rome.

We have expectations like we're a club much bigger than we actually are. Fact is, if the Milan clubs weren't a total disaster for years, all those 2nd place finishes that gave us undue entitlement wouldn't exist. They got new owners , and starting pumping crazy money back into the team. Napoli went bankrupt and relegated , and in a counter intuitive way, it actually helped them have far less financial burden than we have. It is what it is.

A reality exists where we have the exact same roster , sans Alisson , and we're in this exact same predicament. But people will always want to point a finger at a singular entity as if they've cracked the code of the problems at Roma. Whilst in reality , it's unknowable , and there's endless variables contributing to our situation.

Strootman hasn't been good in Marseille, and the people I know in France think Roma pulled a heist. And to be honest , when Pellegrini was on fire playing the 10 for a stretch , it was better than any performance Nainggolan put in last year.

People can complain about the sales all they want , but they were the right call for the long term of Roma.

Dzeko's complete and utter shitting of the bed domestically is by far our biggest problem right now. 2 goals in 45 shots from your number 1 striker would damage any club's form. That much is pretty clear.

shiboboo, wm72, ErPupone and 1 other person repped this.
  25. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Nah, I'm right here. If you want to say something mildly intelligent or productive for a change , I'm all ears.