Transfer thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    romanista8910 repped this.
  2. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired

Strootman's sale means Mongo can buy someone in January. Names between Lainez, Tonali, and De Ligt (lol.

3. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  4. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  5. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For ten million dollars.

6. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just like Ziyech, his price is going to be way higher in January than it was two months ago. The ship has sailed.

7. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ziyech is having a fantastic year, Berardi is having a fairly pedestrian year.

ErPupone repped this.
  8. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired

Swiss Ramble Finances thread.

La Magica, Oban14, Shen-O and 3 others repped this.
  9. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wtf are we spending our money on?

10. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Read through the thread.

decola repped this.
  11. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My God, we owe 176 mil in transfer fees, that's insane. Interest payments are killing us too.

12. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    So in a nutshell:

- the club is still in a ton of debt
    - Pallotta and Monchi are gradually trying to reduce, or at least stabilize, our debt primarily through transfers, and by (hopefully) doing well in CL to generate important revenues
    - this clubs long term ambitions hinge almost entirely on that stadium being built.

JoãozinhoFutebol repped this.
  13. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  14. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This is the tough part I empathize with fans on.
    It’s very easy to just throw blame on the owner and DS who buy the players and try to run a profit but they seriously don’t want to keep playing at this. The manager is the one who tries to make this work. I have had a lot of concerns about EdF. He seems to be a great motivator which explains games like the return leg against Barça, and our up and down seasons. But he doesn’t seem like he knows what he’s doing as a whole. I think an older, cooler head who has dealt with transitional periods would be great for us. Someone who can deal with high player turnover and with strong personalities. EdF seems like he has the respect of the players for now but there doesn’t seem to be a cohesion to the team.

15. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    #165 Hustle and Flow, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    It all comes down to educating yourself on the situation. It's easier to type some expletives on the Internet , and claim people running Roma are idiots than it is to read some Swiss Ramble.

What purpose it serves to just aimlessly freak out , I'll never know. I'd suggest that Pallotta be more transparent about the transfer strategy , but he probably feels it won't do any good and they'll twist his words (and he's likely right).

Selling good players is at the heart of all the distain the fanbase has, imo. Unless they're educated as to why it happens , that distain will only heighten unless we win trophies.

This of course is under the assumption that fans would actually be willing to change their minds if provided with evidence/information.

I think he knows exactly what he wants philosophically and how to get there; where he struggles is with mid-game adjustments, imo. Sometimes you need to alter the plan on the fly , or just make a tweak. I feel he's still learning this craft , and to be fair , it's not like he has a ton of reliable options. The kids are great , but they're not exactly reliable tactical weapons and using them as such isn't really beneficial to their development.

If I'm being dead honest, I can count on one hand the amount of losses I'd blame on EDF solely. The rest of them are down to the players or a mixture of both.

Admittedly, I've wavered on EDF a couple times, but I still believe in the guy.

What I will say is, that it's truly baffling just how connected our form is with lack of adversity. Whenever something even mildly bad happens during a game (for instance a pen against SPAL) , we completely crumble , but if we score first (and early) it's like watching an entirely different team. Starting games well is important for any club , but for Roma it's almost necessary. It's almost like it's ingrained in our DNA. We're just not good at handling adversity in games we're expected to win. It's like the crazed mindset of the fanbase permeates its way into the culture of the club and we're constantly trying to combat it , but don't have the players with the mental fortitude or institutional strength to combat it.

Every single week EDF harps on mentality and he's 100% correct, imo. Roma doesn't know how to deal with expectations and it's clearly an issue. We're not set up badly tactically against these minnows , contrary to popular opinion. What's happening is we're not getting consistent individual performances , and we panic at the first sign of struggle. The weight of expectation is just too much for some of them.

To me , there's good players and then there's good players that can be good in Rome. They're not the same thing. When we target players , we need to be targeting their mental make-up just as much as we do their ability.

When the going gets tough , it's the same veterans on the pitch that shrivel every time, and it needs to stop. There's only so much a manager can do to improve this. Eventually, you just need to get different players. And for me, those players are all carry-overs from the previous regime. (though, I'm starting to wonder about Marcano)

If Pep doesn't re-sign Kompany (which is definitely possible) it'd be great if he followed his pals Dzeko and Kolarov to Rome. I don't care he only plays 15 games a season. 15 games of Kompany> an eternity of Fazio.

That said, I'm almost positive we'll play well against Napoli , because no one expects Roma to win.

La Magica repped this.
  16. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Seeing reports Mongo wants to renew SES. What is this guy thinking.

17. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Who knows. There was reports throughout the season so far indicating we were trying to renew De Rossi , Dzeko , Manolas et al , and I don't think any of them have happened.

Who knows how much truth there actually is behind this shit.

18. Midgo

Midgo Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    SES is better than Berardi!

19. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    [​IMG]

La Magica, chaponga and Hustle and Flow repped this.
  20. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    _RIN8157.jpeg

tmontana52 repped this.
  21. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To be honest, if these numbers are correct - I hardly see any difference between our " American Heroes " and the Sensi`s. Only with the Sensi`s we were actually competitive.

22. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We're gonna have to start calling you the "Sensi Lover" I think Nelly.

shiboboo and LordNelson repped this.
  23. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Over or under, Diego Perotti plays 5 more games for Roma in his career?

24. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pining for Rosella and the days of our only signing being a serie b player that was so inconsequential I don't remember what he was banned for.
    Who are we most similar to financially going back 5 years? Probably inter. How do our results compare to theirs? We've been crushing them. Not so much this season and I'm not happy but come ********ing on.

Haakon24 repped this.
  25. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shocking.....

Malcom has asked to meet Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde and requested to let him leave the club in January if he can't give him minutes. (Source: Mundo Deportivo)