Transfer Thread Va Educato: 2022-23 Season

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, May 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depay rumors are strange. Just signed Solbakken, and already have too many forwards to begin with. Switching to a front three with him on the wing makes a little more sense, but still run into the same problem.

Ideally you only can play three of these players at the same time: Abraham, Dybala, Depay, Pellegrini, Zaniolo, Belotti, Solbakken. Then there’s still Zalewski, El Shaarawy, and Eldor. Can try playing four but going to be eating goals with this midfield and back line.

2. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  3. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  4. Indian_Gladiator

Sep 4, 2014
    Kolkata
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
  5. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Aouar is a baller and is needed more than Frattessi right now.

6. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021

7. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    These headlines are so pushy. I read it, Pinto is an honest guy. As he said, he speaks rarely but is always honest and a realist

I will take your word for it. Given FFP and the yearly losses it looks like we will be doing more parameter zero deals.

8. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Radja "Keep an eye on my friend Juan Jesus, he looks like a reserve, but he is doing so well.”

9. windrepel

windrepel Member

May 11, 2021
    4 years of FFP is disgusting, Mourinho must leave immediately , he didn't put the club in this situation

Rossonero23 repped this.
  10. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why must he leave?

11. windrepel

windrepel Member

May 11, 2021
    Because you guys wanted UCL football , a club under FFP should only think how to survive, how to avoid relegation, not top 4 , that's nonsense target, Mourinho must leave for his own sake

12. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Come on Dybala, recruit your boy here. 2E0416E9-F111-418C-BDBD-2E23AB9CEA3E.jpeg

shiboboo, Vulpinous, Andreas and 3 others repped this.
  13. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Maybe before the world cup Roma had a sniff with his stock falling but cant see it now. Goes to show what an amazing player De Paul is. He could easily be playing in a more attacking role, taking people on, scoring goals but he sacrificed the individual play to play the most important role in allowing Messi to then shine. They haven't have a controlling midfielder since Riquelme. De Paul is world class.

tmontana52 repped this.
  14. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    100%

I don’t watch enough La Liga, but from what I hear, he hasn’t really been a staple in Simeone’s starting XI.

Doubt we could pull it off but he’d completely change our team.

15. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  16. Oban14

Oban14 Member+

Jul 5, 2006
    Illinois
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  17. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Should have signed him long time ago, now he’s probably too expensive for Roma.

Nabolidaboli repped this.
  18. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
  19. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    More concrete news re a possible Zaniolo exit this month.

I've been patient with him, hoping he could get back to the kind of player we saw pre injuries, that extremely exciting talent. It hasn't happened and at this point I'm not sure it ever will. His standards have been, if we're being honest, fairly average for some time now. He may just be one of those kinds of players that will just never have the footballing intelligence to kick on to greater things. Not something I ever thought I'd say, but I might be open to his moving on now...and the money it brings in.

A little torn on this one....

20. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
  21. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There’s too many attackers in the squad. Going to have to make hard choices no matter what.

If Dybala is staying next season then you need to get rid of at least one of Zaniolo or Pellegrini. If De Paul somehow arrives then both probably should be gone.

22. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    I think we have no choice but to sell him if an offer comes in. We can’t give him the wages he wants for literally zero output. It’s been 2 years now and he just doesn’t seem to be back to what he was pre injury. His decision making is abysmal, he holds onto the ball for far too long, his finishing and shot selection is dreadful. It doesn’t help that the refs in Italy let him get butchered, he makes a foul and they card him, and then he loses his head and plays like shit for the rest of the game.

If someone offers us 30-40m for him we have to take it. A change of scenery out of Italy might do him good.

shiboboo, Andreas and Midfield General repped this.
  23. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    There maybe no other option given the financial reports to sell big pieces. They need top 4 unless Dan wants to empty his pockets but with the corrupt ffp rules, that may not even be possible. Its very unfortunate what happened to Zaniolo but then its also the decision making you talk about that caused that first injury. Still remember that amazing run through Juve and that pass was on for him to lay it off. It was the right decision, he hesitated and then got crunched. Sad but maybe pivotal when it all went wrong moment in his story. I think he can be a big player but it might not be here and it might not be playing this role.
    Again when we go back to his debut, he played a central very safe intelligent role. He then got a taste for running at players and his confidence grew seeing how easily he could destroy big pros. He has typecasted himself into this role but if it continues to go wrong and he has to totally reassess his career, he might find the answer was how he played on his debut in a central role. Keep the big bursts for effect now and again to change things up but keep it simple and effective 90% of the time
    At the start of pre season and before the shoulder injury he looked like the old player. Maybe the shoulder injury has affected him mentality again. When he pushes himself to go further 1 v1 he knows he can get badly hurt. He knows he needs to play on the edge to get the best out of himself. He is a physical all-or-nothing type in his current way of playing but mentally its may be in the back of his head about injuries now. On top of that when youre in a bad patch in football you end up forcing things because you want to make form happen which digs a deeper hole and makes it harder to get out off as you continue to force play. He so badly wants to score he becomes so tunnel-visioned he cant see obvious passes for tap ins.

24. giallorosso86

giallorosso86 Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    I've been doubting if Zaniolo can come back as good as before after his recent injuries. He's turning out like Aquilani but with a Cassano-ish attitude. I hope things work out for him but honestly, we should've sold him last summer.