Transfer Thread 2021/2022

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by eaglespark, May 25, 2021.

1. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    That Balerdi deal from the beggining was something very odd.. It looked like money laundering or something.. The kid (who 99% never heard before) was brought for astonishing 15M and in 99% of the time, he never played..

2. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I remember Slash celebrating the Balerdi signing as if he was the next big thing. Understandable, Slash being Argentinian.

3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Yeh maybe he will come again. He never really got a fair shot. I don't trust Favre's judgment of players.

I have watched every Euro game apart from the Scotland vs Czech Republic match.

Isak really stood out for me today. He looks to have it all and I think if we sell Haaland he is the man to bring in. We can get him for a steal at 25 million.

On the transfer front though it's all disappointing rumours. We are trying to sell Brandt.

It also seems we are after Mallen. He didn't start for the Dutch so no idea how good he is.

4. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Well, he is replacing someone who couldn't even make the English 23-man gameday squad so the bar isn't that high anyways :D

5. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    What i hate d most is we dont care about German players no more.. We only looking outside Germany and buy foreign players.
    Football def lost its charm, i dont find attractive when german club in first 11 has 9 foreign players and 2 domestic or when english club has 4 domestic players of total 25, thats kind of sad..
    I wish old rules with minimum domestic players quota is required, but football in general become pure bussines...

BVBFNM repped this.
  6. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not so sure about that. As far as major European clubs go, Dortmund does have a fairly local character featuring national team players / candidates such as Reus, Hummels, Dahoud, Can, and Schulz, not to mention local German talents like Moukoko, Raschl, and Knauff. If you factor in the native German speakers like Akanji, Bürki, and Hitz it's hard to say that BVB lacks a German character in its team relative to its global position in footballing terms.

7. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I think we need to seriously think about what our goals are. If our goals are just to get top 4 and make the CL then what's the point in keeping Haaland?

We needa RB, a CDM and a Sancho replacement to seriously challenge for titles. That is probably going to cost us another 65 million Euros. We are not going to spend that and quite frankly our board are not even aiming for titles. They are happy for top 4.

So why not sell Haaland this year if we get a decent offer. It's all about buying players to make a profit so why not just make a bigger profit with Haaland this summer rather than letting him go for 75million Euros next.

8. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I think the only team crazy enough to offer 180-200m for Haaland (which is what I think will convince us to sell) is Chelsea. In that case.... can we make Havertz part of the deal??? (Again.. just dreaming here)

9. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Not a chance. Roman likes Havertz.

Why are we even holding out for 180-200.

I am being serious.

The players we are looking at and the gaps we are leaving in the team, won't win the league next year and it won't win the CL.

Why are we losing 75 million Euros on Haaland when we don't plan on winning anything with him next year anyway?

10. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I dont agree.. we do want him regardless of where we end up. I mean maybe with him we make 2nd place or win it (maaaaybe) but maybe without him we are between 3rd and 5th place and risk missing out on CL.

Add to that that we can attract better talent with him in the team.

I don't think with that extra 75m you can buy anywhere near the quality he provides. I think we do have the kind of money to continue the influx of young players as we always do.

In other words
    1 year of Haland + a couple of new young players
    is better than
    no Haland + a few more young players

in other words... quality over quantity.

In the year that you're losing Sancho, I don't think it's time to take the next step. The chance was over the last 2 seasons, and we missed it --mainly because of the appointment of Favre. Not to mention: this leadership is not planning to take the next step anyways.

BvB_Peon repped this.
  11. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    We are not trying to attract talent to win trophies. We don't care about that.

Our goals appear to be to get CL money and that is it.

If we really cared about getting trophies we would actually try and buy players to close the gap.

The Favre appointment and keeping him is a prime example of just being happy with CL money. Everyone knew Favre would not win a trophy, but thye kept him, because they thought he would make top 4.

Being a stepping stone club needs to stop. We need to stop being seen as a glorified nursery. Where players come to improve and then actually move to a big club to win trophies.

BVBFNM repped this.
  12. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Management has no benefit for that to stop. The deal is too sweet - we buy players for <20-25M and then sell them for upwards of 70M. As long as these spineless and greedy cowards are running BVB, this will not change. And that is why making top 4 and CL is the permanent goal every year - exposure to CL, CL money and the ability to demand high transfer fees. Who cares about trophies and actually changing the status of the club? Watzke and Zorc sure as hell don't, we are at a perfect position to suit their wants and desires. If that was not the case, there would have been some attempt to change the status quo, alas, no signs of anything remotely similar have been caught.

eaglespark and BVBFNM repped this.
  13. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So it seems the club is signing a highly rated DM, Abdoulaye Kamara from PSG academy. The problem is he is still only 16 and won't help the team in the short term.

14. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

hava, eaglespark, thisisthelife and 2 others repped this.
  15. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Excellent news.
    These Paris boys tend to be excellent at football, but he is too young to make an immediate impact.

Very happy to see that Brandt is possibly staying.

16. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I sincerely hope that Meunier being so shit for us was all Favre's fault, because so far he's been excellent with Belgium. May Rose get the best out of him come next season.

astrophyz and Alex C repped this.
  17. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hazard was pretty good too, good movement for his goal.

Witsel got some good game time and was solid.

BVBFNM repped this.
  18. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Another player that has caught my attention during this tournament has been Ukraine's #9 Yeremchuk. He is in the mold of Haaland in terms of play style so he could be a "natural" replacement as he is only 25 and not an 18-year old talent that we've been gong for over the past 5+ years.

thisisthelife repped this.
  19. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I also hope that Meunier was shit because of Favre, because he looks like another player in the Belgium NT. Yeremchuk is really good from what I've seen, could be a under the radar signing, however, we should probably go for Isak. Somebody here said Livakovic was a good GK and against England he did save quite a lot. He will also go somewhere after the Euro, just not to BVB.

20. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
  21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  22. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It seems we are being linked with a lot of midfielders, but sadly they are all literally school boys and won't make an impact. We need a player ready to come in and make the difference.

I am not holding my breath about Thorgan and especially Meunier. Both looked very poor until De Bruyne and Eden came on go save the Belgiums.

Isak apparent looked great again, but I didn't get to see that much.

23. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of Isak, apparently Sociedad paid us a sun in the single-digit millions to rescind the €30m buyback clause we held. It sounds like he had little appetite for returning to Dortmund (at least while Haaland is here) so maybe this is sound business.

24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    The clause rescinding fee for Isak is reportedly around 6 million euros. Which brings up the fee that Sociedad will pay in total for him. I still find the original fee to be very low and a bit like a goodwill gesture. But Dortmund did eventually strike gold with Haaland so it is what it is. I'm curious though on what Isak's ceiling will be when he reaches his prime.

25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Great, but Haaland is leaving next year and possibly even this summer. It doesn't seem like sound business at all unless we have someone else lined up.

Sancho for 80 million to United will be confirmed in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully we can get some add ons to the deal..