Transfer Thread 2021/2022

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by eaglespark, May 25, 2021.

1. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    This is how I would for next season ... this season has been disheartening:

Kobel (Hitz/Unbehaaum)

Dest (Meunier) - Akanji?Scholletnberg? (Coulibaly) - Sule (Hummels) - Gueirrero (Wolf)

Dahoud (Kamara) - Bellingham (Someone who isn't Witsel or Can)

Brandt (Moukoko) - Reus (Gio Reyna) - Malen (Hazard)

Adeyemi (Tigges)

I would let go off Witsel and Can, the later more so than the former. The club really need a LB, and a DM. I think it's safe to say Halaand is gone. I would also get a secondary striker, Tigges is a good option, but just not there yet, he needs game time. I really miss Paco, I don't understand why they let him leave. Nor why Isaak was not given a chance. I feel like the club should let Zagadou go, its just not worked out, and the injuries have taken their toll, I feel like he can resurect his career elsewhere, but the club need more stability, Hummels is not getting younger. I'de like to Bynoe Gittens, Unbehhaum, Coulibaly, and Kamara being bedded into the team next year. I'm sure there are others in the youth teams I have missed, I haven't really had the time to watch the secondary teams for a minute now.

Oh, and sack Watzke !!! Make Terzic or Kehl CEO !! This sh!t is getting tiring.

lamcam repped this.
  2. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I really wanted us to target Dest. I thought he fit in perfectly for us. Im not sure what they were wanting for him but his RB/LB versatility would have played well for us.

Im not sure about our young boy Reyna. He was rumored to be very high on a lot of lists but I fear he is made of glass. Prolly should have sold him high when we had the chance. IF healthy, I think he can add a lot of value but I think that will remain a big if. His father had the same issues and I wonder if it something genetic in that family.

I like the kid coming from RBSalzburg. Adeyami, will fit in well here I think.

However I really like Aaronson and I think he has a much higher CAM ceiling than Reyna and would love to see us jump on him. Another player Id love to get is their young CB Oumar Sulet. He would slide right in to the spot that is vacated by Zagadou or we could get the austrian Wober.

RBSalzburg has a better defense than we do. I see no reason that couldnt snap up their young CBs for around 15-25 million and shore up a much needed central defense and focus on the CDM.

TimBenneth repped this.
  3. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Also regarding DM Im sure the club hopes the youngster Kamara is ready that they signed from PSG last year. But I think asking a 19 year old to run a major club is foolish. We would need a more polished veteran I would imagine to run that central part of the midfield.

TimBenneth repped this.
  4. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Rumours suggest that the most likely moves to strengthen the defence seem to be to sell Akanji to Man Utd for €25-30m and use that money to buy Schlotterbeck. A Schlotterbeck - Sule CB partnership would be good I think.

There is also strong interest from BVB in Ajax RB Mazraoui who will be a free agent in the summer.

I agree upgrading DM is crucial.

BVBFNM repped this.
  5. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Yea, I feel like letting go off Akanji is likely the only option at this point. shlotter dude will probably run the same outlay 25-30 mil Euros, but slightly cheaper wages, not much continuation, but no point hanging on to a player who wants out. I feel like the two are on a similair level too, granteD Akanji is more physical, but the other has much higher game intelligence, so pairing that with an ape like Sule, might actually work a lot better than having an Akanji by his side ...

If Akanji leaves, I hope he enjoys playing in the EL : ) I guess the paper will pad the dissapointment...

6. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Bild is reporting that Salzburg is demanding 45M Euros for Adeyemi and has given Dortmund a deadline of Easter Weekend before they will start considering other clubs.

7. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    https://bulinews.com/news/12270/sky...salzburg-settle-base-transfer-fee-for-adeyemi

Sky Germany reports that Borussia Dortmund and RB Salzburg have, after several rounds of talks, come to an agreement in principle over a potential transfer fee for German striker Karim Adeyemi.

At last check, Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig sat in complete stalemate over a potential transfer for Karim Adeyemi. Sky Germany now reports that there has been a breakthrough in negotiations, with the two sides settling on a transfer fee of €35 million for the 20-year-old phenom.

Germany's Sky outfit takes care to emphasize that a transfer is by no means imminent. The two sides may actually remain far apart on bonus payments. Moreover, the striker's own contract with Dortmund has not been fully negotiated. A five-year-deal, inclusive multiple built-in exit clauses, is said to be on the table.

Dortmund's Ruhrnachtichen reported in early March that RB Salzburg were seeking upwards of €45 million for Adeyemi. It thus seems reasonable to assume that, if the Sky report is true, the two sides have probably also made progress on the bonus structures as well. A €35 million base transfer would surely include at least €5-10 million in incentive payments.

8. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Defensive reinforcements should take priority IMO.

9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    35 million for Adeyemi would be ok-ish.
    Schlotterbeck is the obvious CB target but Bayern is reportedly interested in him (and Adeyemi) as well.

10. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Adeyemi is clearly an exciting talent and from a NT perspective I really want to see German strikers at top German clubs.

At the same time I don’t like the ‘multiple built-in exit clauses’ bit. Buyout/exit clauses are shitty, as seen with Haaland.

11. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    #536 thisisthelife, Apr 14, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    ‘multiple built-in exit clauses’ - nothing new has been learned, nothing old has been forgotten. We continue along the same lines of being a stepping stone club. If we had people with ambition and balls, these clauses would be avoided like the plague. But it is known that trifle matters such as success and being competitive is not taken seriously by the board and is generally a secondary concern. Even if Adeyemi comes good, he will be gone in 2 years thanks to ‘multiple built-in exit clauses’.

In other news - look at Knauff, tearing Barca's defence. Why have him playing in a Dortmund shirt, when we can have the privilege of watching Hazard prance around and being useless....

BVBFNM, TimBenneth and Alex C repped this.
  12. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Knauff definitely looks like he belongs, decent in defense as well. He looks way more solid than I remember him and he's only been there for such a short time. No idea why Rose could find no use for him.

The way he plays in that setup, it looks he could also be a decent RB.

BVBFNM, TimBenneth and Alex C repped this.
  13. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Man this club is facked I tell u ... wouldn't surprise me if Bayern 'threw' their hat into the ring, to drive up the price for Dortmund on Adeyemi.

This club need to get Nico Schlotterbeck ahead of Bayern, especially if u r selling Akanji. First team football should appeal to players, but the sway money has, u would think these mother fukers couldn't breath without a benjie ... never made any sense to me, but people have never made sense to me alltogether.

Personally, I say to hell with Adeyemi, no matter how good he is, it is pointless to buy him. Moukoko is better, is homegrown, and all this does is steal minutes to a player Dortmund will develop while he is making mistakes and raw, only to then sell him for peanuts and a sketched out agent fee, having been nothing but a fuking training ground for some Zero to use as a stepping stone to more paper.

People have sold their souls, I tell u. Watzke, this muppett, no wonder Klopp left ... !!!

14. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Do u think Adeyemi would have 'multiple built-in exit clauses' if he were going tO Bayern ? Do u think they would let him ... ??

Get players who want to play, not chase a Dollar for fuks sake...

And stop with these facking agents already !!!

Alex C repped this.
  15. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
  16. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I don't know these two. I have been a bit more busy than usual. Can someone give some feedback on the two.

However, we still desperately need a winger and a CDM and possibly a CB.

I suspect Akanji and Bellingham will leave too.

17. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Schlotterbeck is CB and had a very good past two years in his development for Freiburg that eventually earned him regular call-ups (and even starts) for the NT. Bayern was hot on his heels as well but he chose BVB.

Sule is also coming on a free so I think we should be set there even if Akanji leaves. I still hope they take a chance on Zagadou and re-sign him despite his injury issues.

Adeyemi for me is more of a WF or supporting striker a la Malen but he's more technically gifted than Malen while also being athletic and pacy. Big issue I have with this transfer is that it is being reported that it contains "multiple exit clauses" which is infuriating after the Haaland saga.

eaglespark repped this.
  18. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Thanks we need to refuse to sign players with a release clause. Ultimately it does more damage than good

BVBFNM repped this.
  19. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    There are rumors about Leipzig's Laimer as a possible replacement for Witsel. I'd gladly take him but I suppose he'd rather choose Bayern or a PL team. Regarding the defensive side, his speed and physicality would be an obvious plus for us but I don't know him well enough to judge whether he's the player type in midfield we really need.

20. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
  21. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    You realize that the player (and his azzhole agent) have a say in that as well? Exit clauses are always coming from the player side. I know it sucks but I really cannot be bothered about exit clauses or lack of no sale clauses when the alternative is losing out on a player like Haaland and likely the CL spot for the current and the last season.
    Adeyemi might follow a similar pattern but seriously, what's the alternative?

22. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    I completely disagree... Let me try and put this into perspective. Player is an unknown, wants to come to Dortmund, no sale to Bayern clause or you can't come, simple. There are 20 top sides in the world give or take, where a person can end up and say they 'made it'. Notching Bayern off that list leaves 18 others. If a player insists on not having that clause, and it being a deal breaker, its quite obvious they see Bayern as a destination club, and so why buy the player to begin with? all you will do is develop him to end up there. do Liverpool ever sell to either Manchester clubs or vice versa ?? Think of it as a screener. You're not going to chase a player who is batting eyelids at your greatest competitor are you, especially not when that player is not German to begin with !!

Let's see... Dortmund paid 20 mil euro for Halaand, + agent fees and God only knows what else, release clause is 70ish mil Euro. so 50 mil - Agent fees, how much did they make realistically 20 mil ? 30 mil at a stretch and thats pushing. So you bought A halaand, developed him for 3 or whatever years, great player, but 0 titles, made a circus and a joke of the club in the media, and now he's gone. For what 20 mil profit ??? Really, that's the way you want to conduct business ? and now every player in the world sees Mina Raiola shopping Halaand, and realises Dortmund is just a stepping stone... cue Adeyemi.

And then when sh!t goes south, you come out with excuses like oh but Bayern are so much richer than us. Oh boo hoo hoo, cry me a river son. https://www.bavarianfootballworks.c...r-klassiker-michael-zorc-financial-gap-europe. Look at Liverpool, look at Villareal, Sevilla, Atalanta, Rennes, Lille, Sassoulla. Even look at Liverpool, they built that club from the ground up on the verge of bankruptcy... ain't no Sheik money there, and they sure as fuk don't do business with Mino Railo, because they KNOW what he is like. But this management... ? Watzke and Zorc need to leave, its really that simplE. They coasted off the back of Klopp's managerial prowess, and are now clinging on to power for the sake of it, thats all. Shameless, ambitionless, just nothing man. I mean, imagine you are haggling with a player who scored you 30 goals in a season, for 1 miL Euro in salary (Lewandowski) ... are you fuking kidding me man !! Then imagine you are giving Gotze a 32 mil or whatever it was release clause. Your best player by a country mile, and you give him a 32 mil euro release clause ??? Fuk man, if you want a definition of incompetence, you really have to look no further than the two of them. How these clowns are head of this football club, is a fking mystery to me.

Alex C repped this.
  23. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We developed Haaland and profited immensely from him the moment he stepped on the pitch for us. He saved our recent seasons. Also we won the Cup. And it will end with a financial surplus that needs to be invested intelligently. Your alternative is to lose out on all of that because you are butthurt about some comments and the release clause? That's ridiculous. You want another Schürrle instead?

And again, release clauses are negotiated with the player. Does anyone here really believe that it's the club that pushes to put these sums into the contracts to cuck themselves? Would you have preferred that Götze doesn't extend so that he leaves for even less?
    Please man, every few months the same shit gets repeated again and again because posters work themselves up about these transfers. It's not worth it. We have to accept that certain players can only be acquired if we make compromises. Reus had a release clause, too.

24. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    #549 TimBenneth, Apr 26, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    Curious, but y does the alternative have to be A Schurrle ?? What if it were a Haller ? I don't think u r quite understanding the implications of the Halaand transfer, and fully appreciating the damage it does to the club, when an agent like Raiola openly shops a player around to big money, in the middle of a season !!

What does that say about Dortmund ? That they are a 2nd tier club, who are openly willing to be a doormat for an agent to push an agenda. and what that does, is translate to very other Tom Dick and Harry, consequently KNOWING that this is nought but a stepping stone on the way to a pedestal elsewhere.

Are u trying to suggest Gotze could not have been convinced to sign on the line with a higher release clause ? You forget, Gotze was a Dortmund youth player... Dortmund were at their zennith, and Klopp, well... the attraction was already there. Its just a piss poor mentality, an inferiority complex, that manifests itself in a Watzke more bothered to do da.mn television interviews and proclaim how 'once Bayern are back, they will overtake us'... I paraphrase of course. I'm sorry, but there is no excuse for the mismanagements that have occured over the tenure of Watzke's reign. It is a fking laundry list bro....

Adeyemi wants 'multiple exit clauses' ... ok, fuk off. Get someone who bleeds for this shirt and isn't looking over his shoulder at the next pay day. You have youth players that are sat on the bench so you can develop other clubs players. Who brings Hakimi on a loan without an obligated buy clause ??? I mean, if that isn't the epitome of retarded, I really don't know what is man.

Oh, and before you say... but Madrid wouldn't have let him go on loan with an obligated buy clause, then tell them to fuk off.

U don't want an obligated buy clause on a loan deal ... fuk off.
    U want multiple exit clauses ... fuk off.
    U don't want a no Bayern sale clause ... fuk off.
    U want a ridiculously low release clause to sign a deal ... fuk off.
    U have Mino Raiola as an agent ... fuk off.

Alex C and BVBFNM repped this.
  25. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    But we are a second tier (at best) and stepping stone and not a destination club. To think anything else is delusional.
    I'd love a full squad of Reus type players or other loyal ones like Kuba, Weidenfeller or LP who stick with us at our worst and best. But it's not realistic.

We could have bought Hakimi but we weren't willing to pay as much as Madrid wanted and the player seems very happy switching to the next bigger club whenever he can.
    A buy clause also comes with obligations for us. Isn't it convenient and strange that no one her criticizes the management for getting Reinier without a buy clause?
    There's no consistency, just 20/20 hindsight wisdom because we are all emotional b1tches about an unsatisfying development of the club.

Anyways, love you all, just don't get too worked up about these things that are simply part of the game.