Transfer Thread 2021/2022

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by eaglespark, May 25, 2021.

1. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Steffen Effenberg: "Matthias Ginter and Denis Zakaria will both be out of contract at the end of the season. I think, that both will be signing with Borussia Dortmund."

2. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Both would be pretty meh signings tbh. Solid but not players to challenge for titles.

Would prefer Schlotterbeck to Ginter, much higher ceiling imo.

BVBFNM repped this.
  3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It seems Zakaria would be even a relatively cheap buy option this winter. He'd be an improvement over Witsel and Can if he's in top form and I think we could harmonize well with Bellingham..

Another rumour is a loan of Ziyech this winter but it's very likely only bs.

Whether they have any basis or not, these rumours are a sign that either the club or people from the outside recognize that we cannot continue like this. The way we played the last games, we shouldn't be able to compete for Euro spots. We are only second due to the problems of the other usual CL spot contenders.

4. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ziyech is more of a 10 then winger. Plus wages would be pretty high.

It seems Reinier’s loan could be terminated, and the club will also be open to offers for Burki and Witsel. If all 3 leave maybe some room can be made in the budget for a signing or two. Although it might be hard to find buyers.

5. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Local fans are hyped about Zakaria but I don't feel like he's a next step, more like a quarter of a step.

6. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Based on the financial data by SwissRamble for the past FY the outlook for any major signings is pretty bleak. The gameday revenue is a huge percentage of overall revenue for Dortmund compared to other clubs and that has obviously taken a huge hit. Therefore, it is no wonder that we are reading about free transfers as I just don't hink the money will be there unless Haaland is sold.

7. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    It seems PSG will need to raise money in January. Saw that one of the possible departures is Kehrer. Probably a cheeky bid from us?

8. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Kehrer is decent, but hasn't always shown to be consistently a high level performer for PSG in his past couple seasons. In the current Covid impacted economic landscape, I think the most Kehrer should be worth is 20 mil, maybe 25 max.

9. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
  10. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1. Did you mix up Matthäus with Sammer? I don't remember Matthäus working for us.
    2. Matthäus always thinks great players would fit Bayern and has said so about a a couple of our players who eventually didn't end up there. It's his job to enrich our lives with his endless wisdom and he speculates about many things regarding many clubs. For instance, he also thinks we should go after Ginter and Zakaria.
    3. Not a single soul at Bayern gives a ******** about what Matthäus thinks and they would never hire him for anything as long as Hoeneß is alive.

11. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Ah yes, u r right Hava. Looks like I got the two mixed up ... I really don't understand why the punditry uncalled for, 0 respect for the club. I can't stand either of them tbh ... Sammer and Lothar. This season might still hold a few surprises ...

12. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Rumors that we will be offering Akanji a contract with a 7M/year salary.. if that's true then the board has gone to a lower level of stupidity.. he will def get a better offer elsewhere.. and it would be a shame that this is what we offer one of our best players, especially in a position where we are struggling.

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Knauff to Frankfurt on a 1,5 year loan.
    I wonder whether we'll do anything to strengthen the squad. Zakaria could be available but there seem to be many parties who are interested.

14. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Raschl is off to Greuther Fürth. We are severely lacking in DM and sell one of the most promising young DMs in Germany. How can our management be so stupid?

15. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree but the guy is nearly 22 and was wasting his career stuck in 3.Liga, so a move is best for him.

I have no idea why he didn’t at least get a chance, surely he can’t be worse then Witsel in his current form.

BVBFNM repped this.
  16. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    meanwhile zakaria joins juve for bare 5 mil + 3 in add ons, we really couldnt scrap up 8 mil for our weakest link in the team?

hava, Alex C and BVBFNM repped this.
  17. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    My 2 favourite sport teams are BvB and Bulls..
    Bulls sucked for almost a decade, terrible management and drastic change turned things 360 degrees..
    I cant say BvB are awful like Bulls were, the problem with BvB management is they "hit the wall".. Their famous days and good decisions are obviously over..
    I am a long term BvB fan and when that kind of fan lose ambition and passion to even watch a game, something is wrong and i bet i am not the only one and that is the comparison with the Bulls last decade..
    The club fell into a vicious circle, every ********ing year is the same, its like watching that movie with Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell "Groundhod day"..
    Sell important players, buy talented youngsters, sell 1 of them for 60M+ and finish 2-4, mission acomplished! Annoying asf.. Every season is like a copy, i wonder how people can watch this anymore, no fun at all..
    I dont know if people understand that BvB needs a drastic change, just like the Bulls did.. BvB has potential to be top 5-10 clubs in the world, every season!
    1) The problem with this management is lack of ambition, its like they are scared going "All in" sometimes
    2) BvB academy doesnt produce anymore, we cant produce anything from the academy (remember Reus, Gotze?) and something is terrible wrong there or the front office dont trust our youngsters like they did in Klopp era...
    3) Transfer policy is terrible, we became the Bulls because we cant keep any of our superstar players and why is that? Because we cant win shit and we became unattractive destination for "A" class players even though there are players for 20-30M, no one wanna come to a club that is a polygon for young talented players only..
    4) Sorry, when is the last time BvB hired some top class coach who can bring immediate succes and bring out the best from the squad ?

BvB is stucked in a boring routine that will not end anytime soon and they are losing fans till something doesnt seriously change!

MatthausSammer repped this.
  18. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We lose top players because other teams can offer more when it comes to money or the chance to win titles. We lost players at our best and despite winning titles or reaching the CL final.
    And recently, the same is happening to Bayern who even lose important players on free transfers.

I also wished our youth players would get more opportunities but Klopp had no other choice other than trusting young players because we had no money. Instead, we had a debt that almost killed the club because of the previous "ambitious" management.

19. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The problem is more that the club has wasted too much money on signings that haven't really worked out, and for some reason failed to address the apparent issues with the medical dept.

Losing star performers occasionally is always likely to happen, the key is smart recruitment in the right areas. There are clear gaps in the current squad.

BVBFNM and hava repped this.
  20. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I’ve said this in the Bayern forums and Socials.

I think it’s time for BL teams to compromise on their aversion to oil money if they really want to compete in Europe. Im also opposed to repeal of 50+1, but am softening up my stance on it

21. funkadellik

funkadellik Member

Oct 4, 2015
  22. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I always felt Sule was one of Bayern's weakest links. The question is whether he would still improve our back line.. Somehow, I don't think our backline's problem is personnel, but rather learning how to team defend, and also getting some help from the defensive midfielder(s).

kbvb repped this.
  23. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    This is the sort of signing I want to see. Established players in their prime with experience winning major international trophies.

Nicely done, Herr Kehl!

Alex C repped this.
  24. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Wtf? I thought funkadellik was trolling until I checked Kicker. I was sure he'd go to the Premier League.
    To be honest, I have no clue why he'd join us now when he didn't join us from Hoffenheim. He seemed to have found his place in the team. Maybe we offered him more money than Bayern was willing to give.

He's surprisingly fast and technically good for his height but I think he also had injury issues.

25. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Exactly. "For his height." He still gets beaten by fast players. I agree he has great technique.