Transfer Thread 2021/2022

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by eaglespark, May 25, 2021.

1. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    He is a childhood BVB fan

2. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    A long shot, no doubt, but would love van de Beek at Dortmund. Reports are that he is forcing an exit.

3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It's not really a long shot for us to get VDB, but we SHOULD NOT be in for him. We have a very imbalanced squad and Rose is doing a great job.

Technically we have two 8s through Bellingham never actually plays there. We should only look at VDB if Bellingham was leaving in the summer.

What we need to focus on is a winger. We badly miss a winger and then we need a 6 to rival Can especially with Witsel not very good and out of contract soon.

4. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bayern have been knocked out of the DFB-Pokal for the second time in a row.

BMG are look like the team to beat.

Let's retain our DFB-Pokal crown, guys.

Alex C repped this.
  5. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Great news. We should be aiming for silverware again. Winning breeds winning.

thisisthelife, BVBFNM and Alex C repped this.
  6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I feel bad even mentioning it because of the recent players and the coach we got from Gladbach but Zakaria's contract is running out this season and Gladbach might even consider selling him in this winter window (same applies to Ginter).
    I liked the player when he was in form a few years ago (and would have preferred getting him over Hazard) but I haven't focused on him recently.

He'd be an improvement over Witsel and would make our game more dynamic but I don't know whether his inclusion would be enough to make us look like we have a midfield again. I think he also used to play as a CB so he shouldn't be useless defensively.

7. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Isn’t Zakaria quite injury prone? If he stays fit he would be a clear upgrade on Witsel tbf but this constant raiding of Gladbach is pretty unedifying.

8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I only know about the long knee injury which I guess was the reason why he fell off the radar for me. But yes, it's getting embarrassing just trying to take advantage of Gladbach doing their job well and then it rarely works out for us.
    On the other side, if his contract is running out and when we also need a Witsel replacement, it would be stupid to not throw your hat in the ring.

9. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    are we being linked with Werner? Can we not do this again? Smells a lot like the Gotze deal..

Is there any chance we can go for Gosens in the summer? Or is he already out of our league?

10. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Why Gosens since we already have the same type of player in Guerreiro? Especially since both are much better as wing-backs anyways. I just feel it would be a waste of transfer budget when we have black holes at RW/WF, RB, and CDM.

BVBFNM repped this.
  11. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Reading the recent transfer rumours, it really rankles me that there seems to be no interest in signing a DM, not even indications that they're planning on making Raschl, an academy product, part of the senior squad.

12. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The writing was on the wall when they didn’t invite Raschl to the preseason camp with the first team. I think he’s just deemed not good enough to make it at BVB.

13. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    You have a point in that he's of the same quality as Guerreiro (and also same age!) But we have really suffered at LB when Rapha was injured. In general quality in the squad is good and Rapha can be utilized in other positions when needed.

Otherwise we'd have to look for a second grade LB backup, or a youngster, and we may suffer in the same way that we are suffering now with Schultz.

14. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Man, not a big fan of Can ... I wish they would sell him. Witsel would be nice to have around as a bench option, assuming he would be alright with it. Barring that, Zakaria is a free this summer.

15. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So reports are that the club has agreed personal terms with Adeyemi, however transfer fee could prove an issue. Some reports are saying Salzburg want €40m, some that it’s even more then that. I would say €30-35m would be a fair price, given he has a higher ceiling then Malen but it’s still an expensive transfer.

There are also reports that Nico Schlotterbeck could be a target, this would be a good move imo.

16. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think even 30 million is too much at the moment. He has much potential but 30 million is already paying partially for the hopes that he will reach a level that he isn't close to yet.
    I think his type is definitely a great fit for us but the few games I saw him, he was too raw. He was great getting into good positions but then he wasn't composed enough to finish his chances. That could come with age but he could also be a big bust.

17. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It’s way better to invest 30 million on Adeyemi than spending 30 million on Malen or Yarmalenko

eaglespark repped this.
  18. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    As happy as I am about the possibility of signing Adeyemi, I am far more concerned about defensive reinforcements, such as FBs who can cover for Meunier and Guerreiro and a DM.

19. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I agree with you 100%. Problem is, the FB position are hardest to fill as I don't really see any attainable FBs that are Dortmund quality.

20. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    If you guys wanna sign someone, I would definitely go after Jonathan David of Lille

21. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I watched the match between BMG and Eintracht Frankfurt today and frankly I don't know why so many want the club to sign Zakaria. He gives me Gonzalo Castro vibes which is not a good sign.

eaglespark and dips82 repped this.
  22. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Injuries have really impacted his play. Two years ago he was one of the 5 best players in the BL.

23. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Oh my God! Please no more gonzalo castros!

BVBFNM repped this.
  24. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey that’s slander. Who wouldn’t want a whole team of Gonzalo Castro’s? ;)

astrophyz repped this.
  25. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Or Dortmund could always go after Jonathan David