Transfer Thread 2021/2022

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by eaglespark, May 25, 2021.

1. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is Malen supposed to be a Sancho replacement or a Haaland replacement

Where does this leave Reus in the attack?

2. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The model in Germany doesn't make clubs competitive in the transfer market
    Bayern has lost key players to ricer clubs and the trend will likely continue.
    Bayern for example cannot compete in wages and transfer fees for top players so the way Bayern does it is to go for talented German players, Bundesliga players or raid foreign academies for players who haven't been exposed yet, buy them cheap or free and build around them. The first contract is easy, its the 2nd and 3rd extension after these players get exposed and play well that becomes a problem

Bayern players like Alaba, Thiago got turned and left, currently extending Kimmich, Sule Goretzka and Coman has proven to be not very straightforward

Dortmund like Bayern cannot also compete for top talents, they used to look at German players that are below the Bayern radar, foreign players under the radar, or youth talents from academies but with more money to EPL clubs, Smaller clubs are now playing in the same market Bayern and BvB used to and its making things harder for them

Unless Germany starts producing another talented generation for Buli top clubs to play or Buli teams get financially competitive to match transfer fees and wage this frustration will not end soon, actually will get worse once Hummels, Reus Muller, Lewy Neuer are all around the same age range retire

3. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Not one or the other, but either neither or both ;)

4. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Except all this is just rubbish. No offense, but ALL of it is not true.

Bayern are one of the top 3 richest clubs in the world and can pay wages to match anyone except for PSG and CIty (through dodgy dealings).

Bayern is usually well managed, but they decided to be frugal. However, Flick was rightly furious this season. Keep Thiago, sign Perisic and a decent back up striker and the CL would be virtually guaranteed. It was poor management to blow a chance to defend the CL. Winning the CL even for super clubs like Barca, Bayern, United, Juventus etc only comes around like once a decade.

Dortmund on the other hand are no where near the elite clubs, but as rich as the likes of Tottenham, Atletico and richer than Leicester. Dortmund just do stupid things like giving average players like Witsel, Schulz, Delany etc huge contracts. Meunier is another on a huge contract.

Last year was the prime example of bad management. The club have a manager, they have no faith in. They don't plan to renew Favre, because he is not good enough so why not fire him? Bayern have messed up their squad planning and have no depth. It was going to be one of the most intensive seasons ever and there was a good chance Bayern would struggle with all the games, which they did. Fire Favre, don't get Bellingham but spend the 30 million on a quality player. Then the team probably wins the league.

Unless he is the Haaland replacement for this year then it strikes me as a terrible signing. Worst we are becoming Raiolas play thing.

Alex C repped this.
  5. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Now there are legitimate rumours we are going to extend Delaney's contract. If so, it seems the board are happy with being the 3rd or 4th best team in the Bundesliga.

BVBFNM repped this.
  6. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    If we sell Haaland we will be lucky to get that

7. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I don't mind extending a player like Delaney but on lower wages because he is a great depth player on most top teams. However, we need to get a top starter at DM while Delaney and Can be depth/utility players.

8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    We don't have infinite money or infinite space on the bench. We need to raise funds and cut back on wages. Selling Delaney does both if those. We are not keeping Delaney and getting another DM. We are keeping Delaney and settling for nothing better.
    I think you overestimate a top teams reliance on a striker. Haaland is going to struggle to get chances if we don't make changes.

BVBFNM repped this.
  9. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The only way it would make sense to sell Haaland would be if Chelsea were to pay around €80-100m and also include Jorginho in any deal. That would be due to the fact that it would significantly strengthen the midfield to help mitigate the weakening of the attack. I think the likes of Dahoud, Bellingham and also Brandt would benefit from having an elite 6 in the team.

10. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Chelsea are European champions. A lot of their players would greatly strengthen our team. If we are being wishful about Jorginho then we might as well go all out and say Reece James, Kante, Jorginho, Kante, Havertz or Werner would all be great to take.

A £150 is nothing to laugh at. We can then bank the Sancho money and still sign Dumfries, Bissouma and Wirtz. The money would be there, but the board are too scared to have on big flop. Instead they would rather waste money on two players everyone doubts would be good enough like Philips and Yarmolenko rather than just spend £40 million (huge money back then) and wages on a quality player.

BVBFNM repped this.
  11. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don’t think it’s totally unthinkable that Chelsea would be prepared to include Jorginho in a deal for Haaland, he is seen as more dispensable then the likes of Kante, Havertz, Mount etc.

There were a lot of rumours of him moving back to Napoli, who failed to qualify for the Champions League. There were also rumours of a swap deal with Barcelona involving Pjanic.

If Chelsea want to pursue a player + cash deal then the player that would most strengthen the BVB team from their squad, that they wouldn’t be totally against including, would be Jorginho. The likes of Abraham, Hudson-Odoi or Werner wouldn’t be worth losing Haaland a year early for.

12. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Ziyech+100M i would accept that immediately

13. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Chelsea fans have their favourites, but Tuchel greatly rates Jorginho. I don' think it will happen, but we can try. A lot of those rumours came about when Lampard was in charge and he was being criminally underused.
    I actually would have taken Hudson-Odoi if he was not English, since he has a lot of potential. Abraham is no where near good enough.

If we are desperate then I think we should look at Weigl. Benfica are trying to sell him and imagine he would jump at the chance to move back to Germany. He got along well with our players like Reus, though he fell out with management. I have to be honest I have no idea of his form. He did win player of the season, but I don't trust fans voting for things like that for any club really.
    I wouldn't want Ziyech. It seems Haaland is staying, but the player in England to get would be Raphinha. He has everything we need and is already so good. He is one of the best players in the Premier League, but criminally underrated.
    Throwing huge amounts of cash at Leverkusen for Wirzt might work too. He is going to be a star and would give us star power.

14. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Fabrizio Romano is reporting that Dortmund have strong interest in Juventus CB Merih Demirel and are preparing a bid. Juventus is asking for 35M

15. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    What an awful signing. He was supposed to be good a couple of years ago, but CB is not a priority signing. We are giving Juventus the money to buy Locatelli the player we need.

We are looking all set up for a top 4 battle.

BVBFNM repped this.
  16. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Agreed. However, Locatelli only wants Juventus or else Sassuolo would have accepted Arsenal's offer of full asking price. I have also read that Dortmund was willing to pay the full asking price as well but the player doesn't want to move out of Italy.

17. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Demirel would be a loan with option to buy, the club won't be paying 35m up front.

Meanwhile at Gladbach Eberl has confirmed Zakaria favours a move this summer, he will not sign a new deal and with just 1 year remaining would be affordable. Could be an option if the club wants a DM that can also cover CB?

18. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Demirel is not worse than Akanji or Zagadou.. And he is only 23

19. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    So what is the point of buying him then if he is their level? We have Hummels, Can, Akanji, Zagadou, Coulibaly and the youngsters from the academy.

I have killer all expectations for this season. It is going to be a bad one. To make it worse Dahoud has not signed a new contract. Sad times are ahead.

20. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Demiral has higher potentital than Akanji and Zaga and we are talking about our 2th and 3th CB in the squad.. Demiral has been 1 of the best defenders in the Serie A in the last couple of years.. Its not like we have Van Dijk and Varane in the squad so we can say he is not needed.

21. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    We have good defenders. We don't have billions in the bank. If he is so good then why are Juventus getting rid of him?

We have awful right backs, a decent CDM in Can and subpar choices in the wing.

As for Varane he has actually been poor for a couple of years. Maybe a new challenge is what he needs to recover form.

We are wasting money and putting up with mediocre players. This squad is not good enough. It will be embarrassed in Europe and struggle to finish 3rd. Buying a new CB is not going to help the problem.

22. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems improbable that BVB would buy Demiral at that price, especially with Hummels and Akanji coming off good seasons in the Bundesliga and also in the Euro.

BVBFNM repped this.
  23. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Demiral dont have place in Juve with Bonucci, Chiellini ans De Ligt in the team.. Demiral is one of the best young CBs (under 23) in Europe and he would be a very good signing.
    I like Malen also, he will be great. His stats in Dutch league are brutal, that cant be a coincidence..
    My lineup
    3-1-4-2
    Kobel
    Akanji-Hummels-Demiral
    Can/Bell
    Hazard-Reus-Brandt-Guerreiro
    Haaland-Malen

Alex C repped this.
  24. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hazard as rwb? He has played a lot more on the left then the right during his career, I think Meunier will start.

I agree Demirel would strengthen the defence, but a right back is needed more. Morey is out for the season.

25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Demiral might be a very good CB, but Chiellini is leaving 36 and Bonucci is 34. As said Demiral was very highly rated a couple of years ago, but his form has dipped the last couple of years.

You also don't have Dahoud arguably our most important playe.

Your 3-1-4-2 is such an average team. The CBs look great, but the midfield is terrible, Hazard is no RWB and we lack creativity/dribblers. That team will finish 3rd and struggle to get out of the group. We will lose every midfield battle and be unable to break down low blocks.
    I have said for a while, that it will be a great success if Morey gets on the pitch. We need many players more than a CB.

I look at @Oliseh proposed team and it is painfully average. When you compare it to the other teams we will be competing against it is just so weak.

I have actually gone on record several times bigging up our squad like I did last year or in 2016 etc. This season the team is just so weak.

These are two teams capable of competing

----------------Kobel-----------
    Can------Akanji-----Hummels----Guerreiro
    --------------------Locatelli
    ----------Dahoud------------Brandt------
    ---Raphinha--------Haaland----------Reus

or

------------Kobel---------
    Dumfries-------Akanji-------Hummels-----Guerreiro
    ----------------Bissouma-----Dahoud---------
    --Wirtz----------------Brandt---------------Reus
    ------------------------Malen---------

Rose will do well to finish top 4 with what he has and we probably won't get out of the CL group unless we get a very easy one.