Transfer Thread 2021/2022

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by eaglespark, May 25, 2021.

1. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Our season is over and we can not concentrate on next season. We have secured champions league football, but due to covid we have made 75 million Euro loss. So we are almost certainly going to have a negative net spend.

I think we need to face reality that Sancho is certainly going to leave, but hopefully we can get 90 million Euros for him. Apart from Sancho there has been speculation about Brandt, Burki and Delaney leaving to.

Piszcek a club legend and our best right back has just retired (left to play for his home team in Poland.) Morey is tragically out for the rest of the year.

We had an excellent end to the season, but it was the Manchester City matches which showed the areas we need to strengthen clearer than any. Manchester City are probably the best team in the world and over two matches we were every bit as good as them apart from four positions.
    1. GK (Hitz had a very good first leg, but ultimately cost us in the 2nd)
    2. RB (Morey was destroyed by Foden and Meunier)
    3. CDM ( Can gave away the penalty and gave away the ball a lot.
    4. RW (Knauff was very impressiv and showed a lot of potential, but he is not yet at the reuired level)

I think it's clear these are the 4 areas we need to spend. For me in this order.

1. CDM
    2. GK
    3. RW
    4. RB

The players I would realistically sell are

1. Sancho 90 million Euros
    2. Delany 10 million Euros
    3. Burki 10 million Euros
    4. Meunier 5 million Euross (but only if he has a great Euro
    5. Thorgan Hazard 25 - 20 million Euros.

2. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There are always tons of players linked at this time of year, I tend to consider the most consistent rumours that come from multiple sources to be more likely to contain some truth.

So on that basis it appears that Kobel is the most likely GK signing, would apparently cost around €16-18m.

And Ikone is the by all accounts Rose’s favoured option to replace Sancho, would cost around €25m.

3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    With the GK I have always said it takes consistently watching a keeper to tell their level. I haven't seen Kobel consistently, but it seems we will get him.

Not see much of Ikone either, but I feel we need a dribbler to replace Sancho. Someone who can beat a man and create space.

However for me matches are won in the midfield and we badly need to strength that over anything else.

4. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ikone seems more like Dembele then Sancho, I'm not entirely convinced by him but according to reports Rose is keen.

5. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I am going to watch some YouTube clips, but that's nowhere near enough to properly judge a player.

I honestly am not that worried about the Sancho replacement. As I said I would even sell.Thorgan Hazard.

In Brandt, Reus, Knauff, Reyna and Moukoko we already have enough players who can play that position. Even Raphael at a push.

We just need to add one more.

I would focus on bringing Weigl back or getting Bissouma and then upgrading right back.

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Weigl was voted Benfica's player of the year. He was great under Tuchel but didn't show the same after that for us.

Has anyone watched Balerdi at Marseille? His loan ended so that would be another CB on the payroll.

And some rumors about players that we might be interested in: St. Juste (CB, Mainz) and Eindhoven's D. Malen.

7. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I think the ideal DM would be Zakaria but I can't see us getting one of Gladbach's best players on top of their coach.

In terms's of Sancho's replacement, I'm ok with getting Ikone as a bridge player if we are able to unload Hazard as well but I think we should also bring in Madueke from PSV Eindhoven as I see him as the ultimate Sancho replacement in a year or two.

For RB I would like to go to the Eredivisie again and look at bringing in one either Dumfries from PSV or Mazraoui from Ajax who are at the requisite level plus have CL/EL experience.

In terms of GK, I am ok with brining in Kobel as he is already a very good shot stopper, is young and has the potential to reach a world class level.

8. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Just read that Ruhr Nachrichten has denied that Dortmund is interested in signing Ikone.

9. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    RN are a pretty reliable source. It’s weird cos so many different sources have been linking Ikone for over a year now, maybe his agent is trying to drum up interest.

Can St Juste play RB btw?

10. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    According to what I have read, yes he can.

Alex C repped this.
  11. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Yes, which implies he has been doing well. I will be honest I haven't seen him and heard he was awful against Arsenal. However, he always had potential and showed it against Madrid in the CL.

Unfortunately we had Favre, who couldn't recognise a top midfielder, if one tattooed that on his head. He really wasted the talent in the squad.

Weigl lacks mobility, but he has great technique Dahoud will cover for that.
    Sadly not seen either of them, but I hear Balerdi is very happy at Marseille.

I don't think we have a problem with CBs. Hummels, Zagadou, Akanji and Can is fine for me.

12. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    That's interesting, but I am honestly content with what we have. Another exciting promising young winger would be great, but would be happy playing a 4-3-3.

-----CDM(Weigl)
    Brandt(Bellingham sometimes)--------Dahoud
    Reus-----------------------------------------Reyna/Knauff/Moukoko
    ----------------------Haaland.---------

13. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Think Sancho is leaving for sure, the only question is how much we can get for him. Anything over 80M will be good, I guess. In a perfect world scenario we will have both him and Haaland in the squad next season, but that is closer to science fiction than reality.

1. GK - we desperately need a quality addition here. Neither Burki, nor Hitz have the required quality and consistency to regularly start for us. Sell one, keep the other one as a back-up. As for the reported options - Gulacsi is Bundesliga proven, but on the old side. Casteels seems like a good option, not sure if he will be willing, though. Not sure about the Stuttgart lad, seen him a couple of times, not great, not terrible However, we do not need another Burki. Might sound strange, but would still want Horn, if available.
    2. RB - Meunier has been a monumental letdown. LP is a legend and he deserves to play out the remainder of his career where he wants, he has been a huge servant to the club regardless. Fingers crossed that Morey can bounce back one day from such a horrific injury. So we have to hope Meunier does a complete 180 and starts to deliver. Probably Wolf could cover the position as well. Best option would be to splash some cash on Baku. Honestly, if Kehrer is available why not go for him?
    3. DM - sell Delaney and Witsel, if possible. Our midfield should start with Dahoud, hands down. Jude is getting there, he will be class, but is not yet. There is also Can, who we should forget about using as CB. Would give more minutes to Raschl next season
    These would be the most problematic areas of the squad for me. We have plenty of wingers and attacking options to choose from. Even without Sancho, there are still the likes of Reyna, Hazard and Guerreiro. Reus can also play wide, Brandt as well (would prefer if he didn't though). Add to that Knauff and we seem to be set.

It is interesting what formation will Rose stick to. Read somewhere that he really likes to employ a diamond. I am curious if this will continue with us. To be honest, something along these lines doesn't look bad at all:
    Dahoud​
    Hazard ------ Reyna
    Brandt​
    Reus ------ Haaland​

eaglespark repped this.
  14. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I agree with most of this. However, selling Witsel is impossible. I would love to get him off the wage books but he will run his contract down. We can sell Delaney though.

I too would like to see Raschl get more minutes.

The only thing I really disagree with you on is Hazard. I don't think he deserves to be in the first team and would strongly consider selling him.

I would partner Dahoud with a ball playing defensive midfielder. Someone like Busquets, Alonso, Carrick. Obviously not those names, but Weigl is similar.

15. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Conte is apparently leaving Inter.. I know it's only dreams, but I can't help imagining Conte in BVB, bringing back Hakimi with him, which makes Sancho stay.

16. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Maybe I should clarify why I like Conte for BVB. Our biggest weakness has been team defense. We've seen all our players play good defense with different consistency. What we need is a coach who knows to implement team defense, makes it second nature to players. We've seen that a few times at BVB (recently the first Sevilla game comes to mind.) We just need to make it a habit. That's why I really value Conte, who does that but NOT at the expense of entertaining football.

17. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    As great as he is at winning domestic leagues, Conte is a certified flop when it comes to the CL. Besides he doesn't speak German AFAIK, which completely rules him out.

18. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    That is the perfect answer. Conte would probably win us a league, but flop in Europe. However there is no chance of him coming.

If Inter are broke and they need to sell, then perhaps we can go in for Hakimi.

BVBFNM repped this.
  19. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I would take a season with a league win and a CL group stage exit any day! I mean given the last 9 seasons that would be a fantastic first step.

Anyways, he's unlikely to be pursued by us, but I still think he's a great fit for footballing reasons.

20. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    I like that we are targeting both Hudson-Odoi and Abraham, if that is true..
    Abraham is so underrated, that boy scored 15 goals last season in tough PL, that cant be a concidence..
    If he can score 15 in PL, he can easily score ove 25 in much weaker BL..

21. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I've watched a lot of both.

Hudson-Odoi has great potential and would love to take him, but Chelsea won't sell cheap. Even if he fulfilled his potential he would be pushing for a move back to the Premier League fairly soon.

Tammy Abraham is a decent striker and that's it. I wouldn't play anywhere near the money Chelsea would ask.

I don't even think we need a striker at all this season. Moukoko can play the games Haaland is rested.

22. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It also seems like we are close to signing Kobel for 15 million Euros. Not sure how good he is, but at least we have addressed one of our three problems positions.

Also very very disappointed to hear Meunier's comments about sometimes being bored of football. It's going to be virtually impossible, but if I could I would sell all three Belgiums. All on big wages and have all been flops.

23. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Excellent news everyone!

According to Ruhr Nachrichten, Mo Dahoud is set to extend his contract.

astrophyz and Alex C repped this.
  24. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Leipzig sold Konate also, it seems they are making space for Gvardiol, another starlet from Dinamo Zagreb..
    Why dont we go again for Klostermann? Home boy from Dortmund..