Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Delaney is being linked with a 10m move to Southampton.

Other rumours are saying Rose is keen on a double swoop from Lille, Maignan (GK) and Ikone (RW/S).

It is also reported that Haaland bought a new house in Dortmund so he will likely stay another year.

2. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Selling Delaney for 10 million would be good business especially since he is on big wages and only has a year left. It might also he mean we are after a defensive midfielder, which we badly need.

No idea how good Ikone and Maignan are or whether they are good signings, but they must have had good seasons.

3. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One report says that Terzic was offered, but turned down the Frankfurt job and is set to stay. To me that sounds crazy.

4. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    loves it here?

5. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I think that just puts even more pressure on Rose next season if Terzic remains on staff. First signs of lack of form or results will get fans and media bringing up questions and that's just not fair to the new staff.

6. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Basically I think what's happening here is that Watzke has indicated that he'd give his blessing for Terzic to take a head coaching job elsewhere, but there is an underlying obligation to offer him the choice of returning to his assistant job. It would feel unfair to be rewarded for a good job as assistant and interim manager by being forced out of the club.

podrinje repped this.
  7. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Yup, I can definitely agree with that. I just hope it works out for the best in the end for all sides.

naopon repped this.
  8. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I don't know about that. The players are confronted with the pressure that someone can take their place at any moment, so I think it could be good to have someone who can do the job (in the end he achieve all his target I believe after a really rough start) at a moments notice if needed. Again, Rose is there to win if he turns out a Favre/Bosz results then maybe our board will be quicker to act with Terzic right there and ready...

9. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Let's just hope Rose and Terzić click instantly and their partnership leads to some amazing things.

10. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope Dortmund wins the league next season and guys like Moukoko, Knauff, Brandt, Dahoud have stellar season

astrophyz, eaglespark and BVBFNM repped this.
  11. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    If Sancho stays then I believe we have a shot. IMO Sancho is more important than Hålland.

12. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I agree, but Sancho is not staying.

I keep saying but there there are three key areas we need to improve.

1. GK
    2. RB
    3. CDM

I would rather replace these three players and not even replace Sancho if he left.

Edit

It's also vital to keep Zagadou, Dahoud and Brandt. Get those three signed up as soon as possible or committed to the club.

Edit, Edit

Sell Burki and Delaney if possible too. If Sancho somehow stays then think about selling Hazard.

13. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    You dont think Brandt could be expendable if Reyna continues to develop combined with Hazard playing the bulk of the minutes?

Also GK ad CDM seem to be the most important to me. Gettting rid of Delaney, Witsel and replacing them with someone better is paramount to me. CB wouldnt be terrible either. Zagadou could be great but he is always injured.

14. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Why are we always chasing Swiss almost anonymus GKs? Can we just for once buy some near top class GK like Maignan or someone else..
    I had enough with average GKs Dortmund has had in the last 15-20 years.. Sorry, but Lehmann and Roman were also far from some top class GKs..
    It like we are incapable to spot a super star GK...

15. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I would argue the only truly great GK the club had was Hans Tilkowski, who's best remembered for being part of the BVB side that won the 1966 Cup Winners' Cup and the starting GK for the German NT during the 1966 World Cup.

16. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think prime Weidenfeller was pretty good, the guy won 6 major domestic trophies with the club and had a 1/3 clean sheet record.

BVBFNM repped this.
  17. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Weidenfeller could be considered a late bloomer, as he had a pretty unremarkable career right up until he started winning trophies and greatly improved his game with regular participation in the CL, and his improvement was such that he became part of the World Cup winning squad in 2014.

18. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I faintly remember Stefan Klos playing, although I was very young at the time. He of course achieved a hell of a lot with the club too inc the 97 CL title, and then also later on in his career with Rangers. I don't think he was neccesarily considered world class, but was still pretty good from what I remember. He also had a 1/3 clean sheet record at Dortmund.

19. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Looking back at his career, I sincerely do not understand why Klos was never called up to the NT.

Alex C repped this.
  20. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Hazard is a decent player, but he clearly is never going to be good enough for us to win the big trophies. He is always very injury prone. If I was sell to any of the attacking players it would be him.

Reyna has talent, but he is no where ready to be dealing with the pressure of carrying Dortmund. Reyna would be best fighting for his place on the wing against Knauff and the Sancho replacement. Reus is 32 now and will need to be rested even more.

We will need Brandt to step up and he has the potential. It would be a huge mistake to get rid of him. We almost made a similar mistake with Dahoud.

I agree we need a CDM and a GK. Bissouma is probably too expensive for us, but I would look at Weigl. It was probably a mistake to get rid of him too. Having a manager like Favre almost led to us losing so much talent. We need to rescue that this summer.

21. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    You know, we should stop posting here and create the 2021-22 Transfer thread.

eaglespark repped this.
  22. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Kobel is only 23 and has the potential to be a world-class player. I don't mind if they're going after these type of players as opposed to wasting money on players that are good but too old to be able to develop into great players.

23. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I like Terzic, but I don't think he's ready to coach BVB yet, if we need to replace Rose mid-next season.

24. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Marco Rose's stint at BMG doesn't impress me much, but at this point I just hope his partnership with Terzić yields a credible title challenge, another DFB-Pokal win and a deep CL run.

25. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    All right. Time to close up this thread. If someone wants to make a 2021/2022 transfer thread, that'd be great.