Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Can doesn't need to be a Veratti if Dahoud and Brandt are playing alongside him. He needs to be solid defensively, and able to play a forward pass (unlike Witsel.) That pass doesn't need to put Haland 1-on-1 with the keeper every time.

And I don't think Reus and Reyna can provide the same creativity to make something happen out of nothing, the way Sancho does. They can def play the last pass and score, but they can't do the unlocking of defense --if that makes sense.

2. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    In terms of quality and price, Livakovic is by far the best GK option, he would be around 15M, not more..
    I am from Zagreb, watched almost every Dinamo match this year, specially in Europe and Dominik is incredibly underrated GK.. Btw he is only 25...
    The biggest clubs that are after him are Milan and Marseille, i am just amazed how the hell are top clubs sleeping on him?

Alex C repped this.
  3. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #2103 Alex C, May 7, 2021
    Last edited: May 7, 2021
    Livakovic looked good in the EL as well, would be a good signing.

Btw Gulacsi has now signed a new deal with Leipzig, which makes him unlikely to be an option.

4. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Would you take a chance on the better Hazard if Madrid are willing to let go of him on a discounted price?

5. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We already have the better Hazard.

BvB_Peon repped this.
  6. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No chance, constantly injured and a piss poor mentality.

7. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Plus he's like 20kg overweight.

8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Not a chance. His wages are way too high.

Apparently we have already identified Sancho's replacement.

Sancho also hinted that he won't be hear next year.

Guendouzi has an injury that will keep him out for the rest of the season. I think yesterday showed just how dependant on Dahoud we are in midfield. That's why it is imperative we sign a defensive, ball playing 6.

If Sancho leaves then perhaps we will have the money to try and tempt Hakimi back. However, even if we can't get him we need we need to sign a right back.

Fair enough. That's the sort of keeper we need to be looking for.

9. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why not go for Florian Muller or Robin Zentner?

10. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I have not seen enough if them to judge.

However, the Premier League clubs are circulating around Bellingham. We have a great opportunity to cash in on him for around 60-70 million Euros and actually strengthen our midfield. I hope the board are smart enough to start negotiating and not be stupid.

Delaney + Bellingham out and sign two replacements.

11. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I dont see Bellingham as elite as the current market value shows him. Im kind of baffled by it. But then again, he is young and he is british so he will be overvalued most of the time anways.

12. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    A couple of clubs are inquiring about how much it would actually take to get Haaland. Apparently we have valued him at 150. Has anyone else heard this or this just typical internet gossip.

I imagine if we qualify for the CL then the prices of any players will only go up as we arent really going to sell off a whole lot just for the sake of doing it.

13. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Being English not just British counts for a lot. We have the most powerful football media and the richest clubs. So it means there is always a premium.

Bellingham is a bit like Pulisic for me. He has a great deal of potential and will probably become world class at some point. Pulisic might even win the CL this year, but they weren't at that level with us and had no intention of staying to reach that level. So we might as well cash in and buy players at a higher level.

Though in truth I think Reyna is a bigger talent and a better player than Bellingham. However, even Reyna regularly deserves benching.

I just hope we can raise around 120 million Euros this summer.

90 million Euros for Sancho
    8 million Euros for Delaney
    2 million Euros for Meunier
    8 million Euros for Burki

If we can sell those four and bring in 4 ,replacements then it would be a great summer.

14. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So PSV’s Noni Madueke had been linked as a potential Sancho replacement. Would only cost around 15m according to Bild. Still 19 and has good potential, plus being English his value will go up very quickly if he develops.

That would leave more money to strengthen elsewhere.

eaglespark repped this.
  15. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I don't know about this kid individually, but that's the sort of signing we need to make.

I am hearing Weigl has just been named Benfica player of the year. I thought he was struggling in Portugal. Depending on his level, what are peoples thoughts on bringing him back?

16. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think Weigl was a victim of the messy Bosz/Stöger season, and based on recent comments from Mo, it looks like Favre doesn't know a good CM when he sees one.

17. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Agreed. We know Favre only knows how to play defensive, stale, mid-table football. It is the sort of football which gets a mid table club to occasionally grab a European place, but it waste actually top players.

Weigl's lack of pace would still be a problem, but if he can regain his confidence, he used to hold his own against Madrid.

If he is playing well again he would be on my list alongside Bissouma and Guendouzi.

BVBFNM repped this.
  18. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe Tobias Raschl could be the answer, he has potential to be just as good if not better then Weigl by all accounts and is already at the club.

19. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I would definitely promote him and play him. There's no reason he shouldn't start games so we can judge how good he really is.

BVBFNM and Alex C repped this.
  20. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Well the season is pretty much over, though we have one more game to win. Nothing of consequence is going to change. We know we have CL football and we have a trophy.

It's been a covid hit season and finances are not great.

I think it's likely that 3 players are going to be leaving:

Sancho 85 million Euros
    Delaney 10 million Euros
    Burki 10 million Euros.

There are other players I would sell too, but it seems unlikely they are going to leave.

The priority has to be signing Dahoud and then Zagadou to new contracts.

After that we will need to spend on the following positions.

RB - Meunier is not good and Morey is going to be out for a long time. We need cover.
    Gk - we need a number one GK. Burki has been frozen out and seems to be forced out.
    CDM - Delaney is another likely to leave and we need extra cover in that position especially with Witsel still injured.
    Winger- Jadon Sancho is almost certain to leave and we need to replace him.

For CDM

I think these would be great options.

1. Bissouma - quality and exactly what we need buy pricey and we face Premier League competition.
    2. Guendouzi- currently injured but would be around 15 million Euros and has experience playing in the Bundesliga.
    3. Weigl- appears to be really impressing at Benfica. He knows the club and I feel he has a lot to offer. Always believed he should have been partnered with Dahoud.

Winger
    1. Zaha - he is 28 and soon to be 29, but providing the price was right he would be an incredible signing for us. He would consistently beat his man one on one and would be the perfect Sancho replacement.
    2. Madueke, seems to be the most likely and he will be cheap.

We are going to have to scout well to bring in a GK and a RB too.

I imagine we can raise about 110 million Euros, but I don't see us being able to spend more than 60-70 million Euros.

21. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    well wolfsburg could have seald theirs up today but blew a 2-0 lead against Leipzig using the Dortmund playbook. GET A GOAL AND THEN STOP ATTACKING. That doesnt workg against good teams.

Alex C repped this.
  22. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Belgium has somehow named Witsel to their Euro squad - not even the standby list. This sounds incredibly far-fetched and irresponsible...

23. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Belgium has somehow named Witsel to their Euro squad - not even the standby list. This sounds incredibly far-fetched and irresponsible...

24. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Apparently Terzić will become head coach of Eintracht Frankfurt. If such reports are true then they are a great fit, and hopefully he can win the EL with them.

dips82 repped this.
  25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It depends of he actually plans to play him or not. Though either way Witsel would be better off recuperating at home.

The only way this is even remotely understandable is if he is taking Witsel purely for team bonding.

I am Witsel's biggest and harshest critic, but he does seem quite popular especially with the Belgium players. Maybe he is there just just keep the squad harmony high, but it's worrying.

We need to hope for Meunier to have a great tournament either to give him some confidence or to give us a chance to sell him. The same with Delanye.