Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meunier was pretty clear about not wanting to play RCB, but he probably wasn't the right signing to play RWB. I'd like to see Morey get some minutes there now that he's recovered from injury. I wish there was a clearer timetable on Zagadou's rehab...

TimBenneth repped this.
  2. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Götze off to PSV.

3. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    While Hakimi was a bad defender, Mounier is a bad forward. Also PSG fans were complaining about his passing. But he’s physical, good defender, so RCB I think can be the right spot. Akanji, unfortunately, still is a liability in defense

4. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    We need to give Meunier more than three games to judge him as he is still gaining comfort with his teammates. I think the one apparent thing is that Meunier will prove to be much better defensively than Hakimi but also worse offensively. Now, how much worse offensively will be the deciding factor because Hakimi was instrumental for us last season offensively.

astrophyz, MtnGardener and naopon repped this.
  5. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, we shouldn't expect Meunier to do the same things as Hakimi. After all he's a true #9 by trade.

In all seriousness I'd like him to make late diagonal runs into the box when the ball is circulating around the left half space, sort of like how Matze Ginter played under Tuchel when playing as a right back. It just occurred to me that we have a lot of tall (190+) players in the lineup with Zagadou/Haaland/Hummels/Meunier, opening up a chance to turn set pieces into an advantage.

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 6.57.36 PM.png

6. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    As long as there is SOME creating in the team, it doesn't have to come from the RWB position like last season. Given our squad I'd happily give that role to Brandt and Dahoud. Bellingham too seems to have it in him to pick out good passes. And Guerreiro of course.

7. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Given Barca's ongoing financial problems, I wonder if they would be willing to let Ter Stegen leave next summer. Would be a clear upgrade on Burki imo.

astrophyz repped this.
  8. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Unfortunately ter Stegen has stated multiple times that he will play for one German club and one German club only, and that is Borussia Mönchengladbach.

9. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    For what Barca paid for Dest, I feel like we lost a golden oportunity to fill a need.

10. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    We really need to be ruthless this summer, but of course these plans depend on the unlikely chance we get top 4.

Players that need to get out of the club.

1. Sell Burki
    2. Sell Meunier at any price to anyone who wants him. Play Passlack when Morey is injured.
    3. Sell Delaney
    4. Get rid of Witsel
    5. Sell Bellingham
    6. Sell Akanji

1. Sign Timo Horn
    2. Sign two out of Guendozi, Neuhas and Odegard. Or other players at that level of ability and technique.

If Sancho goes sign a top winger.

Contracts.

1. Give Dahoud a new long term contract
    2. Give Zagadou a new long term contract.

11. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Thinking about our finances how much money will we genuinely have this summer? It depends on making top 4 I guess.

However, it seems

Burki 10 million Euros
    Delaney 10 million Euros
    Akanji 15 million Euros

Is all the money we will realistically raise. I personally would add

Meunier 5 million Euros (unlikely to find a buyer)
    Bellingham 65 million Euros

Timo Horn- 20 million Euros
    Guendouzi - 20 million Euros
    Reinier - 30 million Euros

We can make 100 million Euros, greatly trim our wage bill and improve the team.

12. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    According to RN, the team is letting Rose decide on the keeper situation but Burki and Hitz will both be retained next season.

They also mention that the team wants to extend with, both, Akanji and Zagadou.

My buddy is a life-long Koln fan and would gift-wrap Timo Horn for us for free. If you think Hitz and Burki are having issues with ball distribution then Horn is on a whole different level of bad in that regard.

If we do not make the CL, we are not getting any meaningful players considereing the financial impacts of Covid on the team. We will most likely try to sell players and look to only bring in players on loan. This, of course, may change if Haaland and Sancho force our hands and request to be sold which will force us to get alternatives.

My hope is that we sit down with Real Madrid and work out a trade deal in which we give them Haaland in exchange for Jovic and Odegard.

13. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah the notion that Horn would represent an upgrade on Bürki is about 5 years out of date - he is now considered one of the worst keepers in the league. I think we'll need to keep Akanji around in addition to a new center back, with Zagadou's knee issues. We'll just have to see what happens with Haaland and Sancho and adjust accordingly while selling any fringe players with meaningful sale value.

podrinje repped this.
  14. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dortmund should go for Zenter of Mainz or bring in Florian Muller from Freiburg

15. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Dortmund needs a keeper who excels at ball distribution as much, if not more, than at ball stopping as we are a ball possession oriented team. Muller and Zentner are not significantly better than Hitz and Burki at that. We need to be lookimg at keepers like Areola, Onana (after his suspension), or the like.

16. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    They just signed that 17-year old CB from PSG for next season and are also promoting our best defensive prospect CB Nnamdi Collins to the first team next year but I think both willbe playing with the U-19s or U-23s while training with the senior team. This makes is imperative that we sign a bridge CB as we cannot rely on DAZ due to his string of injuries over the last 1.5 seasons. He is 1.95m tall and is dealing with knee injuries already which is not a good sign.

Akanji is a good player but way too inconsistent. I would like for the FO to sign a better player in place of Akanji.

naopon repped this.
  17. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely agree that they need two CBs who are more consistently good and available, compared to what we've seen of Zagadou and Akanji. In theory it's possible that they come in the form of future Daxo and Manu...but it's hard to stake any bets on that. Zorc needs to try and find a quality defender for a moderate price, and hope that Zagadou and Akanji (should he stay) can combine to pitch in as well. I just imagine it's challenging to plan with the CL in doubt, possible outgoing transfers, and the failure (thus far) of the EU's vaccine rollout which will delay the return of matchday revenue.

18. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not to offend anyone but these transfers and squad planning I am seeing towards next season will have Leipzig firmly better than your team

19. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    nightmare continues, watzke extends till 2025...

20. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    They just had to pull a credit line of up to 120M Euros to cover losses incurred due to the pandemic. That's excatly why there will be no signings of any significance unless we sell Sancho and/or Haaland.

21. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

22. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Which signings are you particularly against?
    This why we need to raise funds and it is important to sell players that are not at the required level. We are also helped by it being a world cup year, so players will want to play to be on form for the world cup.

Crystal Palace are a badly run club, but one thing we did brilliantly (which I didn't think was morally right at the time), was sell Bissaka and keep Zaha. We sold the overhyped youngster and kept the actually top class player, who was keeping us up. It has proven an excellent decision and we have stayed up for two extra years and gotten Premier League money.

We need to be savvy and raise money in a similar way by raising as much money as w can. Finances are obviously not great.

So that is why I would try and find a Premier League buyer for Meunier, Delaney, Bellingham, Burki, Wolf and Akanji. It might leave us a bit thin, but it's about time relied more on our youth team.

If we can get between 80-100 million for those 6 players, Then we can spend 60 million and still have 20 odd million to put towards paying debts.

23. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I don't think we need two CBs at all. We have Can and Hummels, who are both extremely reliable and play virtually every game. Resign Zagadou, integrate Koulibali and actually promote the youth. Our defence has been fire. I would sell Akanji, because we seriously need the money.

The weakest area of our team is the midfield and this is where we need two new players.
    This is a mistake. Burki is clearly not good enough for a first choice keeper and no point keeping both Hitz and Burki. Sell Burki and raise funds elsewhere. Keeper is probably the second weakest area of our team.
    Zagadou has the greater potential and is younger, though he is injured. Let's hope that Akanji has a great Euros, try to sell him for 20 million and rely on Can.
    I know Horn has had a terrible spell, but I was hoping he might be coming out of it. Perhaps Horn is not the right keeper, but I still like what he brings. I would have a look at him especially if he is cheap.
    I agree making the CL is vital and essential.

Keeping Haaland and I would add Sancho, should be essential business. As I keep saying we have a huge name, we can sell to raise funds in Bellingham, who is not a world class player unlike Haaland and Sancho.

We definitely need to speak with Madrid though.

Madrid will like to raise funds to buy Mbappe. We should offer to take either Reinier or Odegaard off their hands.

There are two key areas that need to be addressed and that's the midfield and keeper.

I would happily go into next season with this as our squad

GK- Hitze, New Goalkeeper

CBs- Hummels, Can, Zagadou, Koulibali, Ballerdi

RBs -Morey, Passlack (Can)

LBs- Guerriero, Schulz

CMs- Guendouzi, Witsel, Dahoud, Brandt, Raschl, Odegaard/Reiner

Winges- Reus, Sancho, Hazard, Reya

Strikers- Haaland, Moukoko, Tigges

24. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Watzke has extended his contract.

25. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few thoughts:
    • Can's work filling in at center back is much appreciated, but I don't think he's a good permanent option in a 4-man back line. He gambles a lot, makes errors, and has inexplicably fallen asleep to give up killer set pieces goals on multiple times this season. We could also use his help in midfield instead.
    • I'm hoping for a keeper upgrade and it's still not out of the question that it could happen - apparently BVB is taking a hard look at Dragowski among others. We need to at least have a top 3 goalkeeper in the league, ideally one who can contribute to the buildup.
    • If we can find say, a mid-table Premier League club to buy Delaney, Schulz, and/or Meunier we should let them go. Akanji too, but he would need to be replaced even if it means paying good money for Lacroix.
    • Obviously keeping both Haaland and Sancho would be tremendous. Anglocentric transfer pundits love to exaggerate Dortmund's financial challenges, but I think the club has been pretty consistent that they're not entertaining any "Corona discount" lowball offers below 100m at a bare minimum. If one of them leaves, it will be for a price that Zorc and Watzke are content with.
    • Bellingham is not leaving. He and the club appear quite happy with one another, and if anything he is mysteriously underrated in the UK where the offers would presumably come from. At least wait until he develops into the world class player he can become.