Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I only heard about that player a few days ago because we supposedly see him as the Sancho replacement. Something in the 40-45M range was mentioned as the asking price in that article as well. I was kind of hoping that ManU wouldn't make the CL.

Watching some highlight videos, he reminded me a bit of Dembele with his devastating runs that made the opponent's defensive structure crumble. The difference is that Dembele instinctively made the right decisions so often, both in regards to the way he executed his dribbles and his finishes. We didn't have someone like him to really terrorize defenses and take on multiple players since he left.
    In contrast, many of Ikone's highlight scenes either ended with lost balls or didn't create good scoring opportunities. Of course, that doesn't mean he couldn't be good for us and it's obvious that there is some serious talent.

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sandro Wagner recently ended his contract in China and I assume there won't be a transfer fee. Although I don't think it's realistic (I haven't seen any signs of interest by us or him), it made me think of our recurring issue the last few years: Having a good enough second striker if the first option isn't available. We have to be realistic that a very good and younger striker won't play second fiddle and his style could be useful in some situations.
    But of course, I haven't followed his form since he left the league and I can only make assessments based on his Bayern/NT days.

3. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not a big fan of Wagner, far too slow and clumsy. Also comes across as a bit of a dick.

4. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Bayern are rumored to be signing more talent... I mean do they have a PR group that just lies to these players?

They can only start XI and theres only so many on the bench. All of these fools arent going to play.. Its comical to watch all this going on when in reality theres only one ball, one pitch and XI on the field.

Suckers are born every minute and they are signing them. Meanwhile the rich get richer and are just trying to stockpile talent so their rivals dont have any. Its almost like United States monopoly laws.

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I agree on all 3 attributes and I actually thought being a dick (on the field, not so much off the field) can be helpful at times if it wakes up the other players. We might need a dick in the team.
    I just thought he'd be a relatively cheaper option if his wage demands are reasonable. Certainly not a starter but someone to keep the CBs busy when Haaland cannot play as he's someone who's annoying to play against.

Alex C repped this.
  6. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    we just are not going to spend like Bayern is. I hope the crisis continues if only to cripple them but I know that it wont so its just a waste of my time.

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes, but that seems to have always been the case, at least to varying degrees. Incidentally, they were criticized recently for poaching young talents from other clubs. It was the same scenario with guys like Kimmich. Worked out great for both sides. For every talent that only lost time there, they can point to the Kimmichs or Alabas.
    But it's not like we aren't going after young talents as well. I have no idea what our plans for Balerdi were for a full year and I even feel bad for some of the players who got some playing time but didn't make the next step (Ginter, Philipp) when other clubs would have been better for their development.

8. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Have you watched much Lille? That is not a sarcastic question, I mean it literally, as I have not. I just see his stats at age 21 are medium quality, even taking into account a league that is relatively low scoring.

9. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's true that sort of character could help the team to an extent, and I certainly agree a back up for Haaland with some physicality that can occupy defenders would be a good move.

Going on what Zorc has said, this isn't likely to happen though. Maybe if Sancho is sold one of the 2 additions that have been alluded to will be another CF rather then two more pacy winger/AM types?

10. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Apparently an official bid for Sancho was made today for 115 Million.. honestly I would say if they get to 120 we take it. But thats me.

11. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If they pay 120 million, then yes take it. The price won't go beyond that next year, and if the player wants to leave then selling him now is the best option imo.

12. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What Bild reported (and denied by English papers) was a 98m EUR bid (115m USD) so they are still about 20m Euro apart if you believe it. I think holding out for the full sum is totally reasonable.

13. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    then if we have another Lewi situation and we win no silver we look like idiots.. there is two sides to this coin.

BVBFNM repped this.
  14. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Unless we’ll get a new coach we won’t win any silverware anyway, so to sell and strengthen the team other places is the best option

BVBFNM repped this.
  15. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I found that Schürrle announced his retirement from football following the termination of his contract, and all of his former clubs with the exception of BVB have posted on social media wishing him well in his future endeavours.

I know Schürrle didn't work out but he still played for us, and I feel BVB pretending he didn't exist is downright disrespectful.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  16. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing is that BVB's social post announcing the contract termination was worded in a way which gave away Schürrle's retirement before the player's announcement, along the lines of "best wishes for his future career...". Maybe they didn't make a second statement after he announced the end of his career, but I guess it might have felt awkward.

In other news you can now buy these jerseys from the online shop:
    Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 5.37.22 PM.png

17. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Moukoko has been talked about a lot. Let's hope he lives up to the potential, and I also wish he could commit to the club long-term. He is an academy product, after all.

18. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Yes, but remember ... he was pried from another academy all the same. He is not from Dortmund, and will likely be another passajero (traveler) ... sad, but a reality.

19. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moukoko came to BVB at age....10? How young do you have to be considered a homegrown product?

BVBFNM and Blueberry_night repped this.
  20. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Passlack and Wolf? Are either likely to stay?

21. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are almost certainly gone, but since they are in camp I guess they are members of the 20-21 squad until further notice.

22. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    The team actually looks very promising for next year, but sadly we still have Favre

I would hope the team would look something like this

------Burki------
    Meunier---Hummels--Zagadou--Raphael

‐----------Brandt-----Can------Dahoud

--‐-----Reyna/Hazads---Haaland----Reus

It's a shame Reus and Hummels are still injured. I hope both are fit for the start of the season.

If Sancho goes I would like the team to sign a talented young winger, because we know Reus gets injured.

That's still a very strong team, but without Sancho lacks enough world class players.

We should try and sell Delaney.

23. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Reus is done, its crazy to rely on him anymore, injury prone as shit that is taking 12M per year with weak mentality... No thanks
    Bring some fresh hungry meat like Haaland

BVBFNM and Raumdeuter repped this.
  24. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The club have already confirmed they will replace Sancho if he leaves, most likely with two players, one wide player and one capable of playing centrally.

25. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More concretely, Zorc said that he would speak with both Passlack and Wolf and then see how things develop. Burnic (who was absent) is very close to a 2.Buli move.