Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    There are several young academy players from other clubs that we are looking at..

I dont feel like linking every single rumor out there but you gotta figure that at least one or two are true...

Curious about it, who comes off the books besides Hakimi (loan ends) and Gotze?

2. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Piszcheck (but he re-upped for another year today) and Schmelle I believe as well. Unfortunately, Schurrle is on the hook for one more year at 7M

3. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
  4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I don't think Zidane is a fan of him. Hakimi is great and essential for our current system but defensively still a liability as an RB in a 4 man backline. He also has/had the tendency to shut down when things go downhill in a match. Someone like Zidane cannot like this.

5. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Three names out there in the rumor mill..

Karim Adeyami - Red Bull Salzburg 9 goals 8 assists in their 2nd division while on loan

Sandro Tanali- Brescia (another good young midfielder) supposed to be sold off as Brescia appear to be going to the 2nd division

Eduardo Camavinga- Rennes supposed to be on par with Witsel and would be a great replacement for him long term.

6. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    #1457 Oliseh, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020

Tonali and Camavinga would be huge signings in the same range as Haland.. They are World class young players, but i doubt we have a chance to sign them..
    Tonali is wanted by many Italian clubs and i think he would rather stay in homeland and Camavinga is wanted by Real and other giants..

7. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Adeyemi is the most gettable of the 3, plus he is German and a BVB fan apparently. Some Auba comparisons have been made, maybe needs a year in Salzburg first team though, so more of a longer term project.

Tonali and Camavinga both more first team ready, but gonna be tough (and expensive) to sign either. Plus they will be linked with moves away constantly from the minute they sign.

Priority for the summer is an established RB.

8. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    What do you guys think?

If we sell Jadon this summer, do we have a chance to get Kai?

Imagine that we have German trio Brandt-Reus-Kai... That would be really nice

9. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Id like a second striker.

Can Gio slide over to wing thusly keeping Hazard and Reus on the pitch too if we sell Sancho?

10. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Selling Sancho or Haland would be a huge step back, unless we get a huge sum for either. I don't that's possible given the pandemic's effect.

Priority for me is to send a message by signing a top coach. Personally I think Pochettino would be great. And we also need a backup striker. Other than that, and the usual young revelation, I don't think we need much change to the squad. Oh! And sign Hakimi!

11. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    What would be a real good get for Dortmund would be signing:

Canadian international Jonathan David, Alphonso Davies' national team teammate who plays at Gent in the Belgian Pro League

David is something of a phenom too in Canada

12. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    New coach should be the first priority. I doubt we have a chance for titles, even if we beat Bayern.
    Watched them on Saturday and RBL yesterday, they were really good and secured both 2:0 lead early in the game. With LF’s wait and see first 15 minutes we’ll lose to both of them, plus that we’ll drop some points to other teams too. If LF is still here after the summer break, no titles next year either. With a squad of this quality!

13. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    But who will coach Dortmund though

Jiri Havran repped this.
  14. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
  15. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018

Id like to see David too. Rumor is we are llooking at him

Ofori repped this.
  16. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Jonathan David to Dortmund and pairing him up with Haaland and Sancho and Reyna and Raphael that's quite the young core who can win titles

17. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    There must be several opportunities during the summer

18. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Candidates

Manuel Pellegrini
    Thomas Tuchel
    Pochettino
    Marcelo Bielsa
    Unai Emery
    Nagelsmann
    Brendan Rodgers

19. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think it will depend how the season develops whether they'll even consider getting rid of Favre. The first half of the season was bad, we got at least 10 points less than you need to compete for the title. But so far in the second half, we got 27 out of 30 points which is almost as much as in the 17 games of the first half.
    Of course, the exits in the Cup and CL were pathetic but if we finish strong (5 wins, not another blowout against Bayern and at least a draw against Leipzig), then that would make it a bit harder to fire him if the club still has trust in him.

20. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Thomas Tuchel?
    No thanks.. I dont like his philosophy, he has some serious limitations as a coach..
    I celebrated the day when he left Dortmund, he was even worse than Favre. I never really understood his rotations, they were just abnormal, every game he changed formation and 5-6 players in the squad, you, how can you expect to be good with that kind of rotations?

And he is one of those coaches like Favre that are not so good in away games..
    I remember at home we were a powerhouse and in away games we were like "Paderborn", i just couldnt get that phenomen..
    I also think most of the players didnt like him so much, i remember that the climate around the team wasnt so great..

Not to mention he didnt do shit with PSG and never understood why they chose him, that is the mystery to me till this day.. He isnt a coach for a super teams, he is like Favre, that kind of coach who fits best with some underdogs, like perhaps Frankfurt, Wfl in Germany, or Everton in England...

21. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    But everybody here must agree that LF will never bring us a title. He’s not hungry enough, doesn’t have the balls and has a rather doubtful records.
    But I think the problem sits deeper. Look at Bosz, from being laughing stock here, he’s quite successful in Leverkusen. It might be something with the playing style. All this possession, isn’t it a little old fashioned now? I have seen it here ever since Kloppo’s last season. No wonder Nagelsmann didn’t want to come here, maybe even Ten Haag ( if he’s asked) will think twice.

BVBFNM repped this.
  22. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Ofc we wont win nothing with LF, that is 100% sure.. He isnt that caliber. If we had a proper coach, high quality coach, we would take advantage of that never worse Bayern in the first part of this season..
    That Padeborn, Bayer and Leipzig games were just unnacceptable, we should have won minimum 7 points in those games, not just 2! We would be ahead of Bayern now...:(

23. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    7 points wouldn’t be enough, 3 ahead of Bayern, but with a loss tomorrow?
    What about the 3 x 2:2 in a row?

24. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    so many points lost! Although the leipzig game, we were just unlucky with these 2 rare mistakes. But the typical way to lose points for us is to score first, and then be all chill, and concede a couple goals in a row.

I think LF's strategy is possession! If the other team presses, we just possess, make them run, tire them and capitalize on their tiredness in the 2nd half. If they don't press, then we possess, all the way to passing the ball into the net.

The problem with this approach is actually when we score too early! Then we don't know what to do! We possess, but are not too eager to take risks to score. That's what I think should change. We must just push for more goals, and keep taking risks up front.

Another way this doesn't work, is if the opponents are really good at pressing.