Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Manager is the most important thing in the squad, not the players.. Manager is the conductor of the orchestra, if you have bad conductor, the orchestra cant be better.. Thats the main problem

2. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And looks like LF is staying as rumors r hes looking to sign marcus thuram and dries mertens....

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And who cares if his price would go down? Hypothetically, do we really care about 20 million more or less when financial issues aren't the only parameters of success? And I don't even think he'll go for less. A good Euro might even increase his value. The difference between 2,5 and 2 years left on the contract is irrelevant.
    The philosophy shouldn't be to cash in on guys like Sancho. It should be to keep them and add more players like him. We'll never be even close to an equal to Bayern if we cannot change that great talents see us only as a stepping stone.

I'd take both for tactical variability and more cover but that's for the summer, right? Because there is no way that Gladbach would sell Thuram in the winter. And if the second half of the season isn't considrably better, it won't be Favre choosing the players for the next season.

4. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    They r both wanted by LF for January trasnfers apparently

5. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    And with a guy like that, what is even more important, Sancho wouldn’t be so furious to leave. Top players want to be in a top team

6. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    https://bvbbuzz.com/2019/12/23/borussia-dortmund-four-players-leave-january/

Too many unhasppy players and thats the blame of LF..

Paco will for sure go next summer also if this continues, especially when/if we bring another striker.

Only players i would let go is Larsen who just isnt quality for us, he is at the moment more like Stuttgart (Bundesliga 2) quality then the top club of BuLi.
    And the second player i would let go is Dahoud, he is here a few seasons noe and he didnt show absolutely nothing.

Weigl and Gotze are good rotational players, they are useful..

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Weigl recently got more playing time but mainly because of Witsel's injury. We need him for cover. Why would he go to Berlin or Portugal? PSG rumours made much more sense but I doubt he'd get more playing time there. I assume the club has high hopes in Raschl as one of the brightest prospects to make the step up from our youth/second team but I thought we'd see more of him before Weigl can leave.

8. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    We want Rashica as a replacement for Sancho..
    Milot Rashica (23) winger from Werder, 35M value

9. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Favre remains. Such a waste of such a talented team. I predict Weigl, Hakimi Dahoud and especially Sancho will go on to have great careers. Throw in Pulisic in the mix too.

Sad to think we had these guys in addition to Reus, Hummels, Brandt and Thorgan.

We have blown a golden generation and kept Favre. Sad to see, but these boys will set the world alight. I wish them the best.

However, great players at Dortmund have come and gone in my time like Rosicky and Gotze.

The club remains. I will lower my expectations for top 4 and making the last 16 of the CL. It's such a shame, because like in 2013 the club missed a golden chance. This time by keeping an incompetent mid tier manager.

BvB_Peon repped this.
  10. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    True, what stands out at the moment is that we cannot get the team perform consistently at the level you'd expect.
    But sometimes players just leave for the money and supposed fame that comes with another club and some were never meant to stay for long by their own wishes (Hakimi and to a lesser degree Sancho).
    You referenced the 2013 run. Even a CL final that followed two league titles wasn't enough to persuade top performers or rising stars. Götze's transfer was made public before the semis, Lewa's and Gündogan's wished to leave became clear almost immediately after the final.

11. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    While we probably couldn't stop the players who already had plans (Lewa, Gotze, etc,) I think if we needed to start the transformation to a trophy hunting at that point in 2013. We would retain the next batch of talents. We just needed to show that we were doing the transformation by investing in proven talents.

Our current strategy of getting young talents and building on them is good. I like it. But it needs to evolve, once we achieve more success. 2013 seemed to me like the ideal turning point.

Today, we may be approaching a new turning point, perhaps if we look at the financial success. I think the top management want "organic" transitions. They believe in Favre, it seems, and want him to grow with the team. That's my guess. And it may turn out to be a winning strategy, if he indeed improves on his weaknesses.

12. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Great post! It's easy to say "well offer him a higher salary" when the player just wants to move one. Dortmund may be a Top 10-15 team in Europe but there are 5-10 teams ahead of them with more prestige, pull, and pockets that we just cannot compete against.

This is why Dortmund has really no room for error when it comes to competing for titles year in-year out in order to climb up the ranks. However, this task has to be done with more limited resources compared to those other elite clubs ahead of them who have a lot more room for error by just having the ability to write off 50M in "bad transfer decisions" every year, something that would land Dortmund in sure bankruptcy in no time. That is why every decision has to be correct most times than not because falling down that ranking table is a lot easier than climbing up.

Unfortunately, this is one of the deepest squads we have had in recent memory but coaching has just not been there.

13. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, Håland!!

14. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Haaland is ours.

15. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Thats is sensational.. Yesterday i read that everything is over and that Erling pick Juve as his next club, terms and all is done?
    Today, he sign with us... WOW!
    Great signing, we need this so bad, that tall and strong nb 9, and the best part he is not slow, he is quicker than Paco 4 sure..

Unfortunately, Paco will 99% leave at some point, i guess in summer, he doesnt want to be second striker like in Barca, so we need another striker in the summer, one young and very talented gun, i wish some south american kid, 18-19 years old.

I would bring some centre back, this is our weakest part of the team (only Mats and Zaga are at the right level, Akanji has some issues, Balerdi is "green").

16. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    What they signed Haaland ... I can't believe it !!!
    First Brandt and Hazard, then Hummels, and now this clown ... wtf is wrong with management !?! My grandma plays striker, and she doesn't need an 8mil fking salary ... unbelievable ! What a bunch of idiots ... sack them all !!! They're running this club into the ground ... I've had it I tell u ... I am done. I'm going to start supporting Mogadishu FC, fk this sh1t !

BVBFNM and hava repped this.
  17. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nice, especially for that price. Contract till 2024. Kicker is saying the complete costs over time (20million+wages, signing bonus, advisor fees) will be 100 million though. He'll join us this winter.
    I'm interested to see how he is used and whether we'll change the system for him. Either way, competition between him and Alcacer is good and he's the more physical type we lacked.
    We have a relatively easy start into the second round. So if we want to remain in the title race, we better win all of those games.

18. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is he eligible to play in champions league or is he cup tied?

19. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think that this rule about being cup-tied if you already played for another club doesn't exist anymore. It was a stupid rule anyways.

20. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I dont know. I kind of liked the rule to keep bigger teams from buying competitions.

Regardless, I dont think its a bad move. A younger striker with potential suits us well. If things dont work out we got him cheap enough to sell him and make money on the deal since it seems that is what we have become.

We need to continue to be this destination for younger phenoms and continue to show them we will commit to them playing time and a future here. Eventually we will find the Sancho, Pulisic and Haaland that want to stay here due to loving their time here.

I like the move. I just need to see more of them like by getting a new manager who embraces an attacking pressing style that the younger generation is more suited to be drawn to.

Not this plodding BS style that Favre likes to employ.

21. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    As i read, 20M to RBL, 10M to Halands father, 15M to Mino, first 2 years Haaland will earn 6M per year, third 8M..
    If that is correct..

22. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Salzburg coach is not bad, young and very talented coach, speaks german..
    He cant be bad as Favre

23. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I would love to have him. American coach who understands an aggressive and attacking style like Klopp. Its much better than what that fool Favre does.. American or not that coach will be on someone's radar soon with how well theyve done.

24. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The only downside with the Haaland deal is that his agent is Mino Raiola.