Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There is a buyback clause. Perhaps the only thing we did right with Isak.

TimBenneth repped this.
  2. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Not terribly familiar with him other than he is a RB Leipzig guy. Dont remember seeing him a ton on the pitch against us. Is this a good buy for us if it happens?

3. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    It appears that no one wants Schurle and he was turned down by Lazio. West Ham apparently may be his next move on a loan..

Toljan to Glad bach may be in the works after his Celtic stint is over.

4. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Supposedly Dortmund is targeting an experienced and "preferably German speaking" center back so what options are there...Boateng, Niklas Stark, or (god forbid) Mustafi??

Stark would be an intriguing option but is he really that much of an upgrade to what we currently have and is he that "experienced"?

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    BS rumour that BVB want Hummels back. How predictable FFS.

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is over the top even for Bild. Apparently there have been concrete discussions with Munich. Kovac has been informed and is fine with him leaving. Fee is believed to be between 15 and 20M.

7. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    we'll give you boateng in a wig instead.

9. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't get it. Bayern fans don't want him to leave. BVB fans don't want him back and yet this is apparently happening. The clubs are trolling their respective fans.

Bayern fans are deluded if they think they're getting DeLigt. That's almost 200M in defenders and his salary alone will be more than Lewandowskis.

Blueberry_night and Sarcasm Bot repped this.
  10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nah. But since it's 30M we will pay in the form of Schürrle. He's good at WhatsApp groups.

11. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    BVB asking Barcelona 25€M for Gurreiro.

12. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    We should be probably be asking for more. No we should definitely ask for more, but the Mats Hummels deal makes perfect sense.

I really hated taking back players that had left, but Hummels ticks all the boxes we need: experienced, a leader, great on the ball commanding in the air, won lots of trophies. Wages will probably be an issue.

If we get Hummels, we are going for the Bundesliga and the CL. We are as good as any team out there. The weakness is still central midfield though.

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think Hummels had a pretty good second half of the season but I didn't watch a lot of Bayern matches. I liked him in their game in Liverpool and obviously he gave his best against us. Getting booted from the NT might have given him a boost.
    I'm also torn about getting him back because of the way he left us after playing Mr. Anti-Bayern for the fans and because it's getting tiresome to pick up former players that aren't needed anymore by their clubs. But for the next two years, he might be what we need. I still have hopes that Akanji and Zagadou will turn out really good but they need more time and a more experienced partner might be what they need. But at this point in their development, it's kind of frustrating to admit and at the same time understandable that they aren't close to the level of an aging Hummels. Hummels hasn't gotten faster since he left us but he wouldn't have had the kind of brainfart that cost us the Bremen game.

Still, 30 million is too much. You never know how fast a player declines after he turned 30. They don't need him anymore and he earns a lot. We got around 38 million when he was in his prime but in his last year. I rather hope it's in the 20-25 range with a bonus (if we win the league).

14. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He makes 10M at Bayern + 2M in bonus. He was offered 10M by us 3 years ago which he rejected. BVB doesn't want to pay him that much. They see him to be about the same value as Reus but since screwed us he shouldn't be making the same.

If the clubs are in agreement then it comes down to the player. He doesn't like it at Bayern. He never has so him going back there was a mystery to me. Maybe it was Fischer as I had always predicted. Also he got booted out of the NT and that might have something to do with him being at Bayern. Lastly, he has a bad relationship with Boateng. And his relationship with Kovac is questionable.

I do not doubt that had we had Hummels, we would have won the title last season.

He's coming back because he sees that we are in really good shape and can win the title next season and go deep in the CL.

15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Zorc won't comment. Prominent outlets and journalists saying that the deal is done.

16. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    When a player can give you the league and possibly CL title, it is worth an extra 10 million Euros.

For me Hummels is the perfect signing we need at the back, as long as the likes of Reus and LP are happy with it.

Now we need to turn the attention to the midfield. I have made my thoughts very clear, that I would trust Dahoud and tell him he is going to be the key man.

However, this is Favre's decision and we need a ball playing midfielder to control the game. A decision has to be made on Dahoud. If we are not going to trust him, which I think would be a huge mistake, then we must sell and bring in a replacement.

17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bild is reporting that there is a salary agreed to as well and the final fee is believed to be 20M + bonus.

At least Bayern has paid more for Hummels than we have.

I just can't believe this is happening even though I said back in 2016 that he'd return.

18. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Aki caved. His salary will be 10M.

19. pjcc

pjcc Red Card

Manchester United
    England
    Jun 15, 2019
    interesting to see what happens next
    [​IMG]

20. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Why the denouncement ? ... I kind of like the prospect of Hummels' return, if at the rumoured 20mil price tag. It's actually a genius move if u think about it ...
    Ballerdi will b loaned out, maybe Phillip too (it would make sense to, more so than selling him outright at least; he's had a pretty terrible season and his market value just bottomed out).
    Now get Haller for 30 no less, rumour has it : ), and push Paco to the wings ?

Burki/Hitz (although I really like that Real Madrid youngster, Lunin ?)
    Piszcek/Wolf/Hakimi Diallo/Hummels Akanji/Zagadou Shultz/(Schmeltzer: I'de like to see him stay as well, that loyalty should b rewarded, and he has not been nearly as bad as people make out)
    Brandt/Weigl Delaney/Witsel Reus/Dahoud
    Sancho/Paco Hazard/JBL
    Haller/Gotze

A bit bloated but, Favre really needs to learn to rotate !

21. funkadellik

funkadellik Member

Oct 4, 2015
    His wife post this in instagram.....

IMG_3972.jpg

22. funkadellik

funkadellik Member

Oct 4, 2015

23. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dahoud had another good game for the u21 NT last night, he has a lot of potential I wish he would start showing it for the club.

Blueberry_night repped this.