Transfer talk! (but lets not spend hours speculating over CR!)

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by appleCORR7, Jun 29, 2008.

1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sooo, its that time of year when clubs are wheeling and dealing!!

I know that there are other forums on here that have threads like this, but i thought it would be nice to see what our little community thought about it all.

So ... feel free to chat! Especially about Arsenal as they'll have no players left by the time the season starts! hahaha! love it :D

appleCORR

2. KingTrezegol

KingTrezegol New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Lowestoft
    Well...erm.

Ronaldinho is re-considering a move to Milan, and apparently Ancelotti wants him, alot.

Still awaiting a decision from David Bentley. Apparently United are bidding for Sergio Ramos, and they said Cristiano wouldn't be part of the deal in anyway, un fair in my opinion, if Real want a world class player from United, and United want a world class player from Real, there should be some deal. Gahh, I hate the Glazer family.

3. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so if we can't speculate over CRonaldo's departure, can we atleast talk about his socks?

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hmmmm ... actually, lets speculate over CR!!! :D

appleCORR

5. quixoticelixir42

quixoticelixir42 New Member

Jun 24, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Liverpool's trying hard to sign Gareth Barry, and are finalizing a deal for Andrea Dossena, a LB from Udinesse. They've also sold Risse to Roma.
    Fat Frank is back with Mourinho in Inter also, I believe.

6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can't believe Martin O'neil is stuck in a BBC studio! When he probably should be being a little bit more adventurous in the transfer market! If Barry does go he'll need a decent replacement. His other problems include he doesnt have a keeper, although they want Robinson and they no longer have a right back!!!

appleCORR

7. KingTrezegol

KingTrezegol New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Lowestoft
    Steve Sidwell is a pretty damn good replacement.

He'll shine at Villa.

8. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He should never have gone to Chelsea!! He just had an interest in the ££££s!

appleCORR

9. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Seriously, given the recent dominant stature of EPL clubs and the perceived buying power (wasn't Inter's boss moaning he couldn't afford to keep up just the other week) it'll be a real slap if (as expected) Man U lose the crown jewel, cheatski are set to lose their biggest names in Drogs and Lamps, Goon are set to lose their biggest name bar Fabs, and Liverpool are set to sell every last player bad G and Ginge!
    I dislike both, but have to rate the effectiveness of Drogs and Ade, and quite frankly are there replacements of that calibre who would be available? The world is in short supply of legit world class strikers and for them two to lose them dudes....
    So is the EPL once again a selling league where talent comes to prove itself before reaching the majors?!?! We never sold to europe b4 coz europe doesn't rate british players, but now we getting foreign kids come thru are we gonna be able to keep them here?

10. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Can you PLEASE credit me for my opinions!!!! :p

11. quixoticelixir42

quixoticelixir42 New Member

Jun 24, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well.. i saw a rumor round the l'pool forum that if Ade heads out, they might eye Crouch. don't know how reliable it is though

12. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that is your answer.

13. m4k-10

m4k-10 New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The amount of bollocks on RAWK and YNWA are hilarious!

14. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i thought that david bentley had aspirations of playing at a "big club"? guess not.

15. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    I heard skiz's latest tatt was just a transfer....

16. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm not sure why ^^that^^ didn't get more plaudits?!

In the meantime...I'm cringing after Sepp's little interview about Ronaldo 'the slave'. :p

17. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    BE CLEAR ON THIS, DO NOT MIS-QUOTE ABOUT ISSUE'S SO SENSITIVE

Admittedly I haven't seen/heard the whole interview, and usually I'd be the first to throw Blatter under the bus, BUT the snippet I saw on sky sports news (naught boys, very naughty) was introduced with the extremely emotive statement about Blatter "comparing the transfer system to the slave trade" when what he actually said (at least initially) was that the way footballers are treated is like "modern slavery" VERY DIFFERENT.

Do I think players are paid top dollar thanks to contracts they KNOWINGLY SIGN (heck with the agents fees they pay their guy better explain the fine print!) and therefore have a financial, moral and face it LEGAL obligation to fulfill them, hell yeah- they'd go ape if the club didn't hold up their end of the bargain.

BUT....

The rest of the working world is also subject to employee-employer contracts, and should an employee wish to ply their trade elsewhere then they can do so by working their notice period- something players are unable to do.
    The Bosman ruling has made things better for players as they have the CHOICE to sign short deals that will leave them as free-agents, it's their own greed that see's them sign for the better money offered by multi-year deals. So in theory they do have legal choice in terms of their career, it is just following the cultural norm to get the best financial package that leads them to give away some of their freedom to work rights in an INFORMED manner.

18. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    all i have to say is:

"FINALLY"

19. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Me thinks he's referring to us finally signing Samir Nasri - who incidentally has a very fine lady!

20. KingTrezegol

KingTrezegol New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Lowestoft
    Here are some Pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Just by those poses you can tell he's gonna fit in in goonland!
    ...and on Sanchy's wall-shrine:p

22. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you were right R&W. seeing those pictures makes me happy. I remember when Sagna came to the arsenal last year. i had no clue who he was and all i could think was a) not a defender and b) he looks like an idiot. so this year i will say a) not another midfielder and b) he looks like an idiot in those pictures. NOW PROVE ME WRONG AGAIN!!!

23. KingTrezegol

KingTrezegol New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Lowestoft
    Apparently Ronaldo is close to signing for Flamengo from Milan.