Transfer Rumours 7: Papa Lazarou's Pandemonium Carnival

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by BridgeMonkee, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    as usual, a freaking team that need money rejects the first Chelsea bid.

2. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    there might be a statement on the offical city site now,im downloading stuff so my broadband is crawling slow if someone wants to check it out.

yeah mate,our last bid was 16mill.apperantly todays bid was actually 20mill not 18mill,and aperantly city want 25mill for him.

greedy bastards no one will pay that for him.

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Well, the thing is we might pay that much, but he is definitely not worth it. It's absolute rubbish. Let gooners pay that much for him, it would hurt their finances a lot more. We will just get CRon next year. ;)

4. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    quote sky sports news t.v."a top source at chelsea has confirmed dispite the bid rejection,chelsea are still in talks with city for philips"

maybe we will mate,but we all know it's too much,however from the reports on sky at the mo it looks like we are going to up todays 20 mill bid.

crazy money for him,especially when you consider what duffers and robben cost....

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    let him rot there if he wants to and let Citeh go bankrupt. Screw them. I like how Jose (in another article i posted yesterday) has said how he doesn't want to see RA get screwed on transfers. So, i hope Jose keeps his word. Although Chelsea do need another winger, we shouldn't shell out so much for players who don't deserve it. It will give more crazy ideas to other clubs. With such luck, next year, Santos will want 80 million pounds for Robinho.

6. sstarch1

sstarch1 Member

Jan 25, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Whats wrong with the wingers were have now?
    Duff Robben Cole And Gudi....
    Thats four world class players that can fill that position.
    By the time January rolls around we might have more options in the transfer market...maybe Esssien will be more availible by then,

7. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    First of all, i never said there's anything wrong with our wingers. Second, did you watch our CL match against Pool? We were missing Duff and Robben and we couldn't do anything through the middle. Third, Cole and Guddy are not wingers and probably nver will be. Cole has played in that role on a few occasions, but Guddy never. Fourth, Essien is not a winger. Thus, we DO need another winger.

8. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.

terrible thing greed,and apart from us who do city seriously think will pay that much for the young fella,however it's being stressed big time now on the news that talks are still under way,so i wouldnt be surprised to hear a 23million offer next from us,which is just as sad really.

9. themightypuck

themightypuck New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    We already have a lot of really good players. We won in a walk last year. Seems crazy to pay silly prices in my opinion. If they reject our offer screw em.

10. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Yeah yeah, ya numpty! Let him rot there? Well seeing as City (that's City to you :p ) rescued his career and his outstanding form for the club since has put him in the public spotlight, it's nice to see a bit of loyalty from a player. At no time has he stated his intention to leave and seems rather settled with his family and younger brother in Manchester and at the club .
    As for the debty, are you so sure of yourself? Some of the debt is cash owed to Wardle himself and Bernstein took out a large bond before he was dismissed from the club that accounts for a large chunk of debt, which is to be serviced over a number of years.

Still, I think it's silly how many clubs are jumping at the chance to take Chelsea money and rob your man blind - Drogba??? :eek:

11. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I'm not taking anything away from City and what SWP owes the organization. However, you can admit that at Chelsea, he will have the chance to play in Europe and progress his game to a new level under Jose. If he is considering playing for England, i don't see this as being a very difficult decision.

12. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Those who stand still get left behind.

13. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Err how is he going to play for England, when Sven has already admitted his Real Madrid lover, lovely Mr Beckham, is guaranteed a place in the starting 11? He's no left winger as SGE thought he might try. :rolleyes:
    So it doesnt matter where he plays, SGE chooses the England team and that's the current way it is.

14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Well, Beckham will join the MLS soon, so SWP is nex in line. Also, I'm sure if SWP can impress Jose at Chelsea and Chelsea can repeat last year's results (except CL), then perhaps SGE can change his mind.

15. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Nice idea.
    The only way we'll see an end to Beckham playing is when Sven ups and leaves.Or gets pushed.

16. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think SWP is going to happen.

17. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1.Isnt that exactly what we need DMid cover? Parker and Smertin are gone.

2.Makelele moved to France when he was 4, if that doesnt give him more reason to represent France than the Congo, I dont know what does, but damn those citizenship laws, Im guessing he also probably learned a lot of his footballing in France too. Same with Adu.

18. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Jarosik and Geremi still there?

19. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    :D :D

oh please

Some critics have questioned Adu's age, but U.S. officials have accepted his Ghanian birth. . .

BBbbbwwwwwaaaahhhhhhh

ever been to Africa mate?

20. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You seem so cofident Im sure you have investigated his age yourself, after everyone else found nothing out of the norm.

21. matthewfoo

matthewfoo Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
    back to SWP, i really really feel anything above 15 mil quid is too much for him! and yes he'd be one stressed out lad knowing that a drogba price tag is gona be slapped on him and all that pressure, is not healthy. It all started with drogba man i tell u. Dont u realise how surreal its getting? 20mil quid was an uncommon figure but its now associated so much with us. Only RM would pay silly money, but at least they paid silly money for the the top of the class, lazy or not. SWP im really not sure man, i mean he's good and will get better only if he moves on from city, he's a good player at a mediocre club, but i'd agree that jose should keep his promise about not being suckered into transfers. Yes we do need a natural RW, but surely with 20mil we could do better than SWP?

22. sydneymuganzi

sydneymuganzi Member

Jul 19, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    MICHAEL ESSIEN is ready to fly back early from a club tour of South Korea to join Chelsea.

The Lyon midfielder insists his chairman Jean-Michel Aulas has promised to do a deal with Blues chief executive Peter Kenyon.

Essien, 22, said: “I know directors of both clubs are to see each other again in the next few days.

“I have the chairman’s word that he will do everything to find an agreement with Chelsea as soon as possible.

23. gomez

gomez New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Essien claims Chelsea move is on

"Essien was sent off in Lyon's draw with Columbian side Once Caldas in South Korea on 15 July."

I wonder if he got sent off on purpose. :)

24. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ehhh, it's Monkee's MO.....why let facts get in the way when you have rumor and speculation.