Transfer Rumors Abroad

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Froboy69, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  2. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Wherever these 2 go hopefully they have an eye on the World Cup, step up and show you're level in 25 and you're likely to start getting integrated into our first team and have a chance at starting at the World Cup, but they gotta ensure they're playing in 25.

4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

What 2

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I assume he means Yaser and Puerta.

villus and J-Mezzy repped this.
  6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    West Ham is reportedly interested in Davinson.

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  8. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah the Falcao Miami rumors are back. I don't think it'll happen, although id have to buy a Miami shirt if it did

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    magical 5 years ago

if Falcao goes there and is god again will make the league look really bad

dude only cares about baby #6 and #7

10. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I just want a Falcao Miami jersey. But won't happen with Suarez there. No way

11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    wish Colombia had a real project with a great coach and he could have gone and helped a team win something.

Just don't see him moving his family to Colombia with all its issues to go play for Junior under Reyes or Millos.

12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Falcao has nothing to add now. He is done and should retire

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    haha would have liked in at Inter/AC Milan as a 4th guy he would have been better than Correa or Arna

but yea he should probably retire doesnt need the money and not like he has much to offer. Tho him mentioning the NT and not playing enough for call up makes me think he isn't retiring anytime soon

I think I prefer Falcao now over Borre. At least Falcao won't go to the LW 80% of the game

14. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao will also score all the sitters that Borre is guaranteed to miss.

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    fitness’s and speed. I don’t think Falcao will ever get in those positions or opportunities at this point in his career. He will just be no place in sight when it gets passed or crossed to him sadly

Borre is just always out of position feel like he playing LM or RM 90% of the time not sure if that’s on him or the coach. Cucho was the same in his shot with our current coach

J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao will always deserve better but if he chooses to stay at clubs that won't play him regularly or even full matches, what's the point of continuing on?

17. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Money

J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Does Falcao come off as money-minded in all honesty? I say this just because considering the lack of claims of him spending him money excessively or holding a lot of demand for a high salary, I don't see him being particularly greedy compared to the average footballer. Monaco came to mind but his third-party ownership situation didn't exactly say much about what his desires were. Especially after his emotional farewell from Atl. Madrid.

19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He definitely is. Trying to keep playing for money. If it was wasn’t money, he’d play for fun at one of the lower leagues. He has been getting paid for a while for nothing living off his name and glory

Azucarero repped this.
  20. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Then surely he would have accepted one of the interests from the Saudi clubs? Remember, last year he was approached given by how that league was trying to attract so many footballers who would have accepted such income. Hell some of his teammates at Rayo often praise him for being modest and humble. He could easily make more in a league like that if he was really money-focused; again if more than the typical footballer.

21. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Don't think it has to be completely one or the other. I think Falcao is clearly mindful of the money, if he wasn't he wouldn't have gone to Monaco from Atletico and I don't think there's anything wrong with that, he's a smart guy and your career is short. I also think that clearly if it was all about the money he would have gone to a Saudi club or somewhere else rather than Rayo.

I think he's an ambitious guy and he still wanted to be part of the national team, but imo he's past being able to compete at that level and should go somewhere he can still play and squeeze out the last few years of an amazing career.

HomietheClown, Azucarero and J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Bingo.
    And in recent interviews he made it seem like Lorenzo told him he would be called up if he were playing consitently for Rayo.

I am not sure he would get that indication from the manager if he goes to MLS or Latin America.

23. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I think it was clear Lorenzo was planning on using Falcao, with how he evolved the roll pushing the 9 wide to the right at times I think there is no way Falcao could do that, its hard enough for Borre at his peak but Falcao can't operate wide. Although it wouldn't be great if Lorenzo mislead him, its also the way the game goes and everyone has to compete, even if he was in the plans those can change and age stops for no man.

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #8374 HomietheClown, May 9, 2024
    Last edited: May 9, 2024
    Or it could also just be that when Falcao is in the game he is just used differently than Santos Borre off the bench.
    Not necessarily misleading. Just a different role when he is in the match.
    Our friendly against Paraguay he was basically staying centrally and found a way to score a header off a traditional cross by Munoz.
    But yes the tactics have changed since that early match in the cycle but I think Falcao would have still been used that way. Some late game alternative when we need a goal or desperate for a spark.

25. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    No it's not misleading, but Borre wasn't being used like that until more recently with Arias/James alternating starting on that side. If you want to stretch to find a roll for Falcao (I don't think you should) you need to have the perfect roll to cover up for all of his weaknesses at this stage.

Think this is the most charitable view, the least charitable view is that unfortunately even in his perfect roll we have better younger options who likely will be around through the whole cycle.