Transfer Rumors Abroad

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Froboy69, Dec 20, 2013.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I know.
    I have to argue with them and say maybe at some positions it is the case but they do not realize that there are very talented players who do not play in Europe or big clubs who are great for Colombia.

Some USA fans are going to be in for a rude awakening if they think there is a talent advantage cause there is not in my book.

2. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    they've been saying this since the 90s, its the north american delusion thats always turned me off. The mexicans do the same thing and its the same story with them

we'll crush america again in a few months like we always do

3. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    LOL

Unforgiven and HomietheClown repped this.
  4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Well, I am not sure about crushing but yes, Colombia should be favored.

USA is getting players to good teams and leagues though so I am not going to argue much with them about talent. But we have to keep things real. There is no talent advantage for the USA.

5. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    a win is what I want and a win is what we'll get, which is like saying grass is green and water is wet

6. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I don't even want to get caught in a vortex with a guy who didn't even present any reason Pulisic is better other then Giroud his teammate said so but if you extrapolate their minutes Sini still blows Pulisic away over the last year with all the injuries and in a harder league. He's just a better all round player in more areas and his goal output when healthy will likely normalize.

Attached Files:

sidspaceman and Doogs repped this.
  7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #8282 HomietheClown, Apr 13, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
    There is something called an eye test. I have watched almost as much of each of their careers from start to today.
    I have always been consistent. From what I have seen at both club and country Pulisic is a very good player. Sini has the potential to be better. But he is not better than Pulisic and this year is proving my point.
    Pulisic is arguably the best foreign transfer to Italy this season, a team leader for Milan and a very good goal scorer and passer for assists. Things I have emphasized based on my two eyes which I trust more than analytics.

You basically said Sini was better and said Pulisic would not be able to play out on the right with Leao on the left side which was completely false.

8. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is a silly argument. Pulisic is a fantastic footballer who simply can't stay healthy. He has had a wonderful first season at Milan - his best in ages and scored some important goals. He is VERY important to the US NT and therefore is going to get lots of commercial exposure.

That can all be true AND co exist with reality that Sini is even more gifted with a higher ceiling.

However, they are both horrifically injury prone so it doesn't matter. You'd be nuts to build a team around either.

I follow both of these NTs very closely - and while the Colombian squad is a better team, this is by a distance the most talented team the US has ever had.

And while we lament, often, the lack of mentality the Colombian NT has had historically, the US has pretty consistently outperformed the quality of their players and horrendous coaching for many years in international competition on sheer grit. If they are able to lure Klopp or Pep prior to 26 they could make a significant step.

9. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Cool that's your opinion, time to move on rather than circling back into the vortex constantly.

10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We are spending a lot of time talking about 2 marginal players.

Neither is all that

Let’s move on

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    LOL marginal.

Look, I will say it one last time if anyone thinks bringing in obscure stats and heat maps to prove that one player is better than the other and those stats are the be-all-end- all then I guess that is fine. You have the right to believe that.
    However, there's probably some metric that shows that Cucho is better than Messi in MLS so take that for what it is worth.
    As I have said all a long, a majority of people would think it is crazy to say SIni is better than Pulisic so yes, let's move on from that craziness.

12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Yes marginal lol. Sini hasn’t made it in the epl and Pulisic failed in England as well

Doing decent in Italy is not a big deal to me. We’ve seen Muriel, Barca, Duvan, and everyone’s favorite cuadrado do really well there. It is a league where a guy like Giroud is one of the better players. I like serie A but attackers do well there.

Pulisic is a marginal player. U.S is the giant of Concacaf, crappy shitty Concacaf and somehow managed to miss the World Cup during his reign.

He will never be a big time player and neither will Sini. They are marginal players that no one besides us and Americans care about to ever mention, let alone debate

13. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    what the hell are you talking about referencing your "eye test" as any measure of anything valid.:thumbsdown:

villus, sidspaceman and J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Times like these are when I wish we had mods. I hate talking about other random players. This is supposed to be a Colombian forum

15. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Eh it’s ok

I don’t mind it. He was right though, so far the American has been better than sini

we are right too, Pulisic is NOTHING special

kromekote and HomietheClown repped this.
  16. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Don't care either way. It's like reading YouTube comments

17. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Homie just wants to rehash the same arguments and adds nothing other than "some people say". It's a waste of time, the guy thought Rueda was a great manager and that Tesillo and Oscar Murillo were better than Lucemi because "some people say". I don't think he actually has an independent thought about the game of soccer other than what he's spoon fed by media which is why he can't comprehend that Pulisic is nothing special as a player.

Doogs and sidspaceman repped this.
  18. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Feedback noted! I generally try to let things go as long as people don't violate t&c.

Usually these kinds of flair ups pass when folks go off topic.

kromekote, Doogs and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Fake news.

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #8295 HomietheClown, Apr 14, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
    I have watched many games. Too many games in my life. I can compare players and what they do on the field along with their intangibles and leadership qualities and watch interviews from coaches and teammates and such and come to valid conclusions that may not be metric based.

You have never heard of something passing the "eye test" before? It is a common idiom used in the USA especially when pertaining to sports.

21. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Screenshot_20240415_092555_X.jpg

Davinson Sanchez and Napoli

HomietheClown and sidspaceman repped this.
  22. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    of course I know about the eye test.
    + Used in the DMV to pass a drivers license
    + Used when trying to pick a hot chick

other than that, unless you're some famous sports or talent agent that uses such proven eye test to pick a potential star, your eyes are just like the rest of us BS posters

....not to be confused with having a great ear. :p

sidspaceman repped this.
  23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    No one is claiming anything about being famous or sports agent. Just that analytics is a tool, observations is another tool, information from managers and teammates is another tool or source to come to what can be valid conclusions about a player and how good they are.
    As I have said multiple times in the Sini thread.
    Also, everyone has an opinion and I value everyone’s opinion so do not make it seem like the opposite.

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Gremio is reportedly interested in Mina.
    Also Botafogo.

25. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Big man seems to be doing a great job at Cagliari and is helping keep them up right now. Hope he stays in Seria A, have wanted him there for ages.