Transfer Rumors Abroad

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Froboy69, Dec 20, 2013.

1. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    #4601 villus, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    They're thinking this guy has everything you want in a striker and has been arguably the best player in the Europa league this season while in one of the toughest groups. 50m may be high but not by much based on his profile and the clubs that are already after him.

And the fact that clubs are now targeting our players is a good thing, Falcao, Duvan, Murillo, Bacca and Jackson over recent years have helped highlight how many talented strikers we have.

sidspaceman repped this.
  2. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think you meant negotiation lol talk about a typo.

Anyway while I am aware that counter-offers are a thing, it does make the interest less appealing if they don't take the price seriously/reasonable enough.

Especially where that is player is currently performing/showcasing their abilities. And I think that you know that regardless whether or not someone is "100% proven" is based on the perspective of the clubs that either own the player who has interest. His club thinks he's worth that much yet that doesn't mean that other clubs feel that he has credibility to worth the investment at such a price.

Now as I said before in recent memories we have seen a lot of crazy purchases in terms of prices. Even then they go over the top because of where that player is from, how they preformed on certain stages, and how young they are.

This kid despite his stats in terms of goals/assist hasn't even gotten actual bids/interest inquiries from clubs: https://sports.yahoo.com/m/bb24b719-2dde-336c-9629-f2ddcd425788/alfredo-morelos:-steven.html which tells you that he's not even being asked about directly from the clubs in a formal matter like a player that is worth 50 million would be. And yes I know that the coach claims that he's not for sale but we know that it still doesn't stop people from querying for more info.

And as much as this sucks in this era, people have taken the Europa league less and less seriously. Back then the tournaments in UEFA were both respected to a good degree but each passing year it's discredited despite the amazing players who have performed in it. This kid in a league that UEFA seeds at 16. Just think about that for a moment. Even I was shocked at how low that league is valued/viewed as in terms of strength.

In football politics you know that there's questions around a player like him especially with the factors of the league he's in, the stages that he's performed, his nationality (yes we know how biased they generally are especially in politics), and his age.

3. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    You don't even mention his actual underlying qualities. They're very firm he's not for sale, which holds a lot of merit because they are battling for their league and are doing really well in the Europa league, there is no pressure for them to sell right now when they can wait until the summer. The reason the guy is so highly sought after is because not only is he doing everything he possibly can scoring wise at his current level, he also is really, really good at hold up play and dribbling and is an all round forward who defends when needed from the front and those skills give him a lot better chance of succeeding. If you look at players who have busted recently a guy like Piatek at Milan comes to mind, he does really nothing other then score goals, he can't play with his back to goal can't drop out of the middle and can't really provide for others, Morelos can do all of those things and is still just getting started so his ceiling is really high.

It's not a surprise that Inter are sniffing around, he has a lot of similarities to Lautaro (although clearly Lautaro is a better player) but there are a lot of clubs who want Lautaro, if for example Barca comes calling you're probably not going to stop that transfer, you can cash in on Lautaro and use half that money to have his replacement.

4. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Again it's not that I don't believe that he's not worth talent to a high degree it's the issue that I don't believe that these clubs would take his price seriously enough. I personally don't doubt his abilities. Because throughout history we've had players that are capable of playing in top tier clubs but they weren't valued for many factors and thus were skipped over.

The reason why I get annoyed at these prices is that it makes it increasingly difficult for Colombians to play at these kinds of clubs. Again, due to the politically biased views that these clubs have to depend on where the player is from as well as where they play they're going to always favor one option over the other.

We as Colombians had a golden era in the last decade with talented strikers and as you said, opened the door for the other talented strikers that we have. Yet this culture within the sport is extremely volatile and easily influenced to change their views that can either go in or against our benefit.

I legitimately hope that he does land in these better clubs but I disagree with the price tag that is placed on him.

5. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    If he wants to go he can leave in the Summer, his manager has a lot of clout in the EPL and there are clubs interested. Its not going to be hard if he wants to leave, but Celtic are going to negotiate as best they can to get the most money from him which for that club would be huge, I just don't see them being able to hold off for 50m past the summer. If the market is there he'll go for 50m if not and he wants out he could go for a lot cheaper, but with he money the Premier League has I think 50m is possible but its' a long shot. The money in the sport is crazy, but our players getting mentioned with those prices is a good thing for us, because it will lead to lots more players being scouted and getting opportunities.

6. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    HomietheClown repped this.
  7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    that asshole was discarded by america, because his attitude...........if he isnt sold he will be playing with reserves.

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    junior de Barranquilla could use him.

would be sweet to see him with Borja and Teo

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    nah i prefer cetre over him.....cetre will be our new izquierdo/ibarbo.....SIADO cetre

10. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    sidspaceman and HomietheClown repped this.
  12. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    This would be a really good move, Parma are playing pretty well and are safe for next season while the new coach of Genoa for some crazy reason decided to bench Agudelo who was great under Thiago. Get away from a relegation battle and hopefully to a manager that wants to use him, smart to move right away and not waste the second half of the season fighting an uphill battle vs a coach.

sidspaceman repped this.
  13. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    *ahem* (James Rodriguez)

14. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

15. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    hoping its Miami, what a massive pitfall of a career he's had

pepinointer repped this.
  16. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Froboy69, HomietheClown and pepinointer repped this.
  17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Wow.

Following in the footsteps of Cuadrado and Muriel before him.

Hope he does as well as the previous two.

sidspaceman repped this.
  18. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cardona's move to saudi arabia fell through and he signed for Tijuana instead

19. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    him, Barrera and James make really bad career choices

21. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Better Mexico then Saudi Arabia at least

sidspaceman and Furnaccio repped this.
  22. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    meh I don't really care about this guy either way

jay luis, pepinointer and crzdcolombian repped this.
  23. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    forgot that this guy transferred to Benfica, bit of a weird one for him to be loaned back to Brazil. Hopefully he does better than Celis did when he signed for Benfica

EDIT: reading now that he is actually part of a deal that Benfica are making to sign Pedrinho from Corinthians. Part of the deal involves yony going on loan

pepinointer and sidspaceman repped this.
  24. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1224029459545821184 is not a valid tweet id

25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006