Transfer Rumors 6: When will all this silliness stop?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by yasik19, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's okay.....we're kind of fond of him.

2. gomez

gomez New Member

Jan 27, 2005
  3. sydneymuganzi

sydneymuganzi Member

Jul 19, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lyon hint at Essien transfer deal

Essien targets Premiership
    Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has insisted any club interested in signing Ghana international midfielder Michael Essien will have to pay more than £26m.
    French sports daily L'Equipe has reported Chelsea have already lodged a £26m for the 22-year-old midfielder.

Aulas told L'Equipe: "Even at £26m I will not sell Michael Essien. The offer will have to be considerably higher."

Last season Essien was voted Player of the Year by France's National Union of Professional Footballers (UNFP).

Essien is one of the most sought-after players in Europe after another impressive campaign for Lyon, who have just captured their fourth successive Ligue 1 title.

Apart from Chelsea the midfielder was linked with numerous clubs throughout last season, including Arsenal, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus.
    http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40645000/jpg/_40645168_essien203.jpg

4. sydneymuganzi

sydneymuganzi Member

Jul 19, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't think Roman will pay that much. 26m,they must think the man has a bottomless hole of money(am not sure he doesn't} but would rather add the 26m to the 35 for Gilardinho and buy Adriano for 61m.(just wishing)

5. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
  6. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
  7. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The way of Seg. . .Seg-way. The article says Vieri was born in Sid-knee, which I thought was true. But I have seen elsewhere that he was born in bologna in Italy. I know he is a big cricket fan (well who in there right mind isn't?). Surely a season at Chelsea would be nnnnice for the lad. Could teach Drogba a thing or two. We tried to sign him a couple of years ago after all.

Q. Is he still any good? Is he worth having around?

8. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    He's 32, and only getting worse, I think it'd be useless to sign a striker when they hit their prime at 28-29.

9. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Father is Italian and played professional football in Italy...

Chrisitian was born in Italy, but moved to Australia when his father played football for Marconi Stallions over there. He then moved back as a teenager to Italy to play professional football.

He is indeed a big cricket fan and states Legandary Aussie batsman, Allan Border as his all-time sporting hero.

His younger brother Max, also plays for the Australian NT.

*The more you know* ;)

10. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Whilst that has an element of truth, it's not exactly a good call.

Right of the top of my head, Shearer comes to mind ;)

11. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Speaking of the cricket, I see it's gone all tits up today.

12. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Anyone coming in via PSV??

13. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Guys kudos to whoever named this thread... I absolutely hate the English media and transfer speculation during the summer... 99% of it is rubbish and I hate reading it...

On another note, do you guys really need to worry about transfers anyways? ;) You're two deep at every position, and already got rid of the dead wood known as Kezman

14. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    We'd have been done in the market weeks ago, if only Inter and Lyon would stop messing us around ;)

15. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Well I'd hate to see him wear Chelsea blue, I'd love to see Essien in the prem... amazing talent every time I've watched him with Lyon... including his habit of playing really well against Marseille :mad:

16. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Originally I didn't think we'd go for both SWP and Essien, however, it does seem that we're that keen on him.

I think we'll land him in the end, it all reminds me of the long, drawn out, messing around with Rovers for Duff and the "Drogba will never leave" sgags.

We paid £24M for Drogba in the end and got him, gave in on the £17M for the escape clause to get Duff released - I think we'll do the same with Essien.When the price is right, they'll sell.

Inter though, they may not sell at any price.

17. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The Sun, never lets the truth ruin a good story, claimed Glazeirs have authorized a run for Essein as well and freed up 17 million quid for the effort, though they later withdrew the figure after I guess reading elsewhere how much Lyon has supposedly turned down.

18. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Cue snide remarks about Glazers and football :p

19. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Is any player from a second rate league (yet to prove himself at the higher level, i.e playing in England, Italy, Spain, Germany) really worth more than 15 million quid?

2 more signings?

I'd be happy with John Obi Mikel.

. . .and Michael Owen.

20. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    From the papers:

Chelsea are preparing to relaunch a bid for Steven Gerrard after the Liverpool captain's contract talks foundered. (The People, Sunday Mirror, Mail on Sunday, News of the World)

Arsenal target Robinho looks set to sign for Real Madrid. (Sunday Mirror)

Chelsea are eyeing Brazilian wonder boy Robinho. (Daily Star Sunday) :D

Chelsea and Arsenal will go head-to-head for Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres. (News of the World)

Anderlecht's Belgian teenager Vincent Kompany is the latest player to snub Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho. (Daily Star Sunday)

21. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    What about Gallas and wayne Wayne Bridge??Are they going to be sold?could they be sold?

22. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Dude, I've even come onto your board to explain this. WHY would Gallas or Bridge be sold? Mourinho has publicly said that Gallas is one of the 4 CBs and that he wants to carry and that he wants 2 players per position. What does that tell you?

23. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I'm sure Kaladze would have something to say about that. ;)