Transfer Rumors 6: When will all this silliness stop?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by yasik19, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    i would guess our next signing (and yes there will be one) will be in the manner of the Kezza deal: wake up with a quallity player we never knew we were going for.

hmmm...i'll say.....Benjamin Mwaruwari :) good striker, known, but not really a star & a small price tag (2-5 mil).

O.K. that's it for me, i'm of to Hell's Gate for the weekend. see ya

2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    :rolleyes: :eek:

and where is this wonderful place?

3. sstarch1

sstarch1 Member

Jan 25, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Glazers' house...

4. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  5. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    about 3 hours east of Vancouver, years back there was a rockslide that created a section of brutal white water on the Fraser River, it was described as looking like 'the gates of hell' and the name stuck:)

p.s. i'm about an hour outside of vancouver at my bother's house in Mission B.C. right now, saturday we'll head out to Hell's Gate & after that (ironically) we'll go to the city of...Hope! lordy, i love my Province.

British Columbian 1st, Canadian 2nd;)

6. stevieg987

stevieg987 Member

Mar 20, 2005
    If you are going to put that much into gilardino might as well double that fee and go for adriano.

7. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    parma would sell, Inter i think, would not.

this just in:

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is confident of sealing the £20m transfer of Shaun Wright-Phillips from Manchester City next week. (The Sun) :)

8. icecoolguy22

icecoolguy22 New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Why has no one talked about Antonio Cassano from Roma? He's a very talented player, although he hasn't scored that many goals last season his quality was undobuted. Given the kind of season Roma had and the ill feelings, can't see why they want to keep him. Is it just because he's a troubled child?

9. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Simple. He is what the french call: Le Douchebag

10. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Calling Cassano a "trouble child" is like calling Michael Jackson "misunderstood".

I'd sooner have Jody Morris back with an IV of lager and ecstacy than Cassano.

11. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Ahhhhh Paranoiaahhh ! ;) Now I understand!

12. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Oh dear... :rolleyes:

Inter release Vieri
    "It has also been suggested that Chelsea could be interested in the experienced striker, as they look to bolster their attack following the departures of Mateja Kezman and Mikael Forssell this summer."
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com...tle=Inter+release+Vieri&channel=football_home

Seems like Peter is just speculating with this one.

13. Native

Native New Member

Jun 10, 2002
  14. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I don't think Baptista would fit our style of play - he's like Marek Mintal of the Bundesliga - a midfielder who mops up because the strikers at the club are poor. He'd be a good fit for the right team, but Chelsea isn't it.

15. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    goal.com says roman will make a $51 mil. bid for gilardino once parma gets there new ownership done. a bid that parma can not refuse

16. sstarch1

sstarch1 Member

Jan 25, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Del Horno, SWP, Gila.

Cant say i wouldnt be happy with those summer additions.

17. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    I saw CFC all year--from a Canadian perspective--dump Drogba--he was an expensive flop--get any coin you can for him but show him the door--the rest of the squad was outstanding--with a great striker the 4 cups are within grasp

Trezerguet--Viera--Owen or if you could afford--Adriano--any of these guys will ensure a great year

18. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    i think you mean Vieri, not Vieira. Who wants that gooner.

19. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    sorryfor the typo

20. bluemen groupee

bluemen groupee New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    westside
    You mean you wouldn't take him, if he were offered??? He'd make a nice backup to Maka and Frankie, don't you think?

Just for clarification, it's 17 mil pounds--not dollars--for Owen. Same for Gilardino: 35 mil pounds. And I don't get all this doom and gloom in the media regarding Chelsea's transfer dealings. We still have a good shot at the likes of Owen, Gilardino, and SWP. Plus Vieri could give us a nice little upgrade over Kezman/Forssell.

21. The Rage

The Rage New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton
    I think, though, that Vieri's leaving Inter has to do with the fact that he wants a gauranteed first team place. He won't get that here.

22. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Would he be a good back-up to Maka, probably yes. But i still don't want him.

23. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I disagree. Vieira isn't a true defensive midfielder and he would not sit back to protect like Makelele. That is why Gilberto is such a key player for Arsenal.

24. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    He'd play in the position we want to put Essien, and would do splendidly. But it'd be a stupid buy for us, since we'd be giving Arsenal 30M pounds to play with.

25. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    i actually agree with you. have no idea why i said he would be a good back up to Maka. Friday, brain doesn't work. But as Nice pointed out, we don't want to give Arse that much money.