Transfer Portal

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by 2233soccer, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Pitts leading goal scorer last year was a transfer from Albany and they had another forward who was 3rd team all ACC that transferred from Dayton.

2. PlaySimple

PlaySimple Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    In addition to the example that Enzo gave, look at Ava Cook transferring to Michigan State from D2 Grand Valley State in 2021. Cook was the Spartans leading scorer that year in was a good transition year for them. She certainly helped them get more wins. Cook is now with the Red Stars.

Good coaches will know if a player from a “lesser” program can step in and make an impact at a higher level.

3. NewbieSoccerMom

NewbieSoccerMom New Member

Chicago
    United States
    Nov 4, 2021
    This brings up a question if you don't mind me asking. What are the rules in recruiting when someone is not in the portal as you mentioned Audrey above. And then there is the practical 'rules' how it happens. I know a few people who go into the portal and picked up immediately (i.e. there was a plan in place).

4. SmallSchoolGaffer

May 24, 2021
    People cheat. People tamper.

There should not be recruiting conversations of any kind when someone is not in the portal. But we all know plenty of people that do it.

NewbieSoccerMom repped this.
  5. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    There will always be portal kids that get picked up the day they are listed just like verbal commits get announced by recruits on June 16th! And we will all think that's just amazing and wonder how it could've happened...

NewbieSoccerMom repped this.