Transfer deadline day deals

Discussion in 'League Championship' started by Bluebirds Boyo, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Bluebirds Boyo

Nov 26, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    So far today Burnley have signed Preston's 35-year old captain, Scottish international right-back Graham Alexander for £100,000 up front and a further £100,000 next summer. The deal was completed around about one hour ago.

North End fans seem annoyed by this, but I have no idea why when Alexander's legs left him years ago and they have Billy Jones waiting in the wings to fill that position. £200,000 for a 35-year old is also a terrific fee in my opinion, but there you go. It's probably all down to Burnley being their rivals and him being a popular figure, since I fail to believe it's down to his talent.

Hull City have sign Wigan Athletic's forward Caleb Folan for around £1,000,000. Where did 'Ull suddenly get large amounts of money from?! Well, wherever they did, they've just broken their transfer record to sign the 24-year old who only signed for Wigan in January. He's signed a three-year contract with the Tigers.

Yet another club splashing cash no one ever realised they had is Queens Park Rangers. Sheffield United midfielder Mikele Leigertwood has signed for them in a £900,000 deal.

Fulham's young defender Gabriel Zakuani has signed for Stoke City on a season-long loan. Stoke manager Tony Pulis once again playing the loan market, I see.

Another club making use of season-long loans for tactical reasons is London's li'l brother Charlton Athletic. Rangers have taken Amdy Faye and Wigan have replaced Foran by taking the lesser Bent - Marcus; the plan for Athletic obviously being to get them back when and if they go back up to the Premiership, so neither player will play for Charlton again, it would seem.

Who will for Charlton at some point between now and May, though, is a certain Mr. Danny Mills of Leeds and Manchester City fame. He has also signed a one-year loan deal, but in the opposite direction as Faye and Bent.

More transfer news to follow all day long, no doubt.

2. Bluebirds Boyo

Nov 26, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Some more deals for you all now.

Jock Premier League side Motherwell has signed Leicester's midfielder Stephen Hughes for an undisclosed fee and a two-year contract and have taken Palace's teenage striker Lewis Grabban on loan until January.

Ipswich midfielder George O'Callaghan has joined League One's Brighton and Hove Albion on loan.

Striker Adam Rooney has left Stoke for four months to go to Chesterfield. No relation, I'm sorry to say. This one is Irish and ginger.

No really big deals yet, but that might change with West Brom having given Aston Villa permission to speak to centre-half Curtis Davies. Watch this space on that one folks. I know you're all dying to find out what happens.

3. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Curtis Davies joins Aston Villa on loan with a view to a £9m permanant deal.

Scotland Under 21 keeper Alan Martin turns down SPL move to join Leeds for an undisclosed fee.

Jemal Johnson has joined Milton Keynes Dons from Wolves.