Training opportunities abroad?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by jtowns3, Jun 11, 2004.

1. jtowns3

jtowns3 New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Chicago
    Next summer I was hoping to go over to Europe and possibly train with some clubs in England and around the UK. I don't know where to start with all of this. How do I contact a coach or club abroad? Will they even give me the time of day to train with them on the offseason (the reserves or youth team not the first team, obviously)? If anyone can help me out with some tips and/or advice it would be most appreciated. If anyone out there has done this before or is over there now, let me know please. I went on a soccer tour around Europe when I was 14 and learned a great deal. I am 19 now and want to just train for a couple months in a different country so I can be that much improved when school starts. thanks everybody.

2. snsj4

snsj4 New Member

Oct 3, 2001
    O.C. ,California
    try http://www.tahuichi.com/ watch the video
    hope this helps, its soccer camp in Bolivia

3. jtowns3

jtowns3 New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Chicago
    thanks i will watch the video in a little bit. appreciate it.

4. snsj4

snsj4 New Member

Oct 3, 2001
    O.C. ,California
    np, tell me what u think bout it

5. Americano e Orgulho

Americano e Orgulho New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    I know that in South America most teams have academies that you'd be able to train at for a price. I'd assume that the same is true in Europe. At the age of 19, however, I'm not sure if this is an option.

6. JoseP

JoseP Member

Apr 11, 2002
    When I was 21, I went to Ireland and packed my studs. Truthfully, I went to party. But, I did mention my studs were packed at a few pubs and they introduced me to some people. I did get some good sessions in.

Maybe my method is too informal for you; but, it might be worth a shot.

7. jtowns3

jtowns3 New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Chicago
    yeah i hope me being 19 isn't too old to train with some academies. i just want to test myself over there and see how much i can improve as a player. should i just email the coaches or directors, send them a letter in the mail, send in a video...? thanks for the replies so far though.
    appreciate it.

8. ConorM

ConorM New Member

Jun 6, 2004
    You can send a letter to clubs asking for a trial. If you are only wanting to train for a few months I dunno how this would work though. DUnno if clubs would want a player to come in just to train and the go back home. Most clubs from Conference down would give trials to people interested enough and who were fairly decent though so I would say you could get a chance somewhere although it probably would be of amateur persuasion or possibly semi-pro. Depends on the standard you have played in the past. If you have played for your state or region or something maybe a semi-pro team will let you train.

9. jtowns3

jtowns3 New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Chicago
    I'm a decent player, i play college soccer and have played at a pretty high level for a while. i am by no means a phenom or anything, just a guy looking to improve his overall game, and hopefully have an interesting and fun experience playing in a different country. I think I will do some research on a couple of clubs and see what they say. thanks for the advice. i greatly appreciate it.

10. jtowns3

jtowns3 New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Chicago

very interesting. i like it a lot but i think that it will be a little too much money for my wallet. not that going overseas to england or something is going to be cheaper. i dunno. looks awesome though. running in the rivers!

11. snsj4

snsj4 New Member

Oct 3, 2001
    O.C. ,California
    yup, theres nothing like it. Don't forget bout running in the sand dunes