Training in Guadalajara

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by SoulflyTribeFC, Dec 6, 2004.

1. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I'm sure most of you know that Chivas USA will be training in Guadalajara for the next two weeks. I figured I'd start a thread so we could keep everybody up to date with the goings on in Guadalajara.

I'm curious to find out:

a) how many of the expansion-draft players will train
    b) how Palencia, Ramirez, Loera, Zuniga do
    c) who else joins the club for training
    d) how many players Chivas USA officially sign
    e) how the Mexican media handles/covers the story
    f) how beneficial this turns out to be for the squad

2. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    All the players that are signed to Chivas USA are supposed to train..

There is still a question mark on Palencia who wants to remain with Cgivas Mexico one more season. Ramon Ramirez will be like Valderama, maybe a bit faster with less defence breaking throughball but capable of performing some on field magic..

Playwers that will be signed from the college draft and then Super draft :)

As manya as are allowed :)

Chivas USA has been receiving a lot of press in Mexico.. They have been covering every aspect of the club.. .

I think i will be great for Chivas USA players to train in the Guadalajara camp and they can play against other Mexican league squads.. . definately a luxury that other MLS teams dont have..

3. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thats great. At least one MLS team is recieving some. I already can't wait for the DC United vs. CD Chivas USA season opener.

4. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Yeah, but I meant this two week training session that is going on right now in Guadalajara. I want to see who else besides the expansion draft list joins the team and how many of those guys will be signed.

5. ezpatari

ezpatari New Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Los Angeles CA
    Raul Palomares has been training with the Chivas USA team in Valle Verde this week. He's the midfielder who moved to Kaiserslautern at age 15 and years later moved on to Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina. He turns 22 this February. A friend of mine spotted Raul Palomares in the news footage of the team's 2-a-days that were aired on Spanish language TV. I do not know how many unsigned prospects are there alongside him.

http://www.soccertimes.com/usteams/roster/u-17men/palomares.htm

http://www.geocities.com/harttbeat/roster/palomares.html

6. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    This was actually reported earlier, I believe by numerista in the Yanks Abroad forum (here. However, it's definitely good to see that he's still with the team. Palomares was, along with Donovan, one of the US's most promising teenage prospects circa 1999 - it would be great to see him at long last surface with an American professional team, and if Chivas can bring more players like him into the fold, they'll be a great addition to the United States soccer scene.

7. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    VS, I don't much follow the Mexican league, but from perusing the league stats, I've got a question. Ramirez played 272 minutes for Chivas this season, primarily as a late-game substitute. In the previous clausura, he played 770 minutes, mostly as a substitute, but starting a few more games. Chivas finished a solid, but unexceptional, 8-5-4 this year.

Has Ramirez been battling injury problems recently, or are you suggesting that a player who has recently had trouble even starting for a Mexican team is going to be as good as one of the best players in MLS history? Obviously, it's possible, but the league is very different than it was in 1996, and that's quite a standard for Ramon to live up to.

8. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University
    he said MLS History.....LOL:D im not hating im actually going to be really into the league now that chivas is in......as far as the valderrama comment, comparing them in their primes, Valderrama i believe leaves ramirez in the dust, but as far as their MLS crusades are involved, i think moncho is probably at the same stage in his career as el pibe was when he came. will ramirez be one of the best players in "MLS history"? i think not, in fact id be very surprised if he was, but that will not be b/c their abilities AT THE TIME OF THEIR INCLUSION IN MLS were far apart, but because the competition will be much tougher for moncho. As a life long chivas fan (born and raised 4 blocks from CD guadalajara in the providencia colony of guadalajara) i love moncho and am with him all the way and i have faith he will have nothing to be ashamed about of his MLS campaign.

9. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I was comparing Ramon Ramirez role with Chivas USA to what Valderamma was doing in his last seasons in MLS.. I am not trying trying to say he will be as good or better, just have a similiar playing style.. And serve as a team leader.. .