Training 2004-4-16

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Deuteriumoxide, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two strikers to solid =) one 19 and one eighteen... the ninteen year old will be sold at the end of the season. Form wasn't that kind to me... but thats OK. I was pulling brilliant attack ratings with 1 solid striker and two passables last week.. i wonder what i will get with three solids? :D

2. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    After being disuaded from training midfielders I have decided to train scoring... however, since I have just 1 gk, i might train that first? should I? Ahhh!!!

3. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    have you read the rules yet? I think those of us here on this board can help you... but you need to have a solid base from which we can start with... the section in the rules about training would be a good start...

The rules can be found by clicking the "about hattrick" link on the left side of the hattrick page...

4. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Like junjun said in the other thread, GK is a good initial choice. Low start up cost and high return.

I had my 18 yo IM pop a week early to solid. :D and my youth pull from last week popped to passable. 6 form increase, one of which to excellent.

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No skill increases, but I've got a few form increases that make my team even stronger heading into this weekend.

6. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah... read the rules while in the waiting list... not 100% clear on how things, work... i think after a while I will get the hang of things... well - I have 2 matches comming up soon 19th and 20th so once those are done, I will train a gk or two, but I actually already went out and hired 9 coaches so its probably not wise for me to train Gk's since i would be wasting my coaches as I can only train 2 of them at time.

7. Kevin in Louisiana

Kevin in Louisiana New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Metairie, LA
    No skill pops, but I wasn't totally expecting them as I had two guys pop a week or two ago.

8. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Form was more positive than negative. I was expecting a keeper skill pop that just barely missed (if he sneezed, he'd pop) -- he set a new record for high outstanding in inadequate form in my keeper cheat sheet and is only ~$20,000 from brilliant.

9. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two pops to solid PM. I didn't own these two players when they popped passable. I dumped what I thought were some weaker trainees in exchange for these guys and its comforting to know that they are only a week or two off of the rest of my trainees. Now if I can just get my solid passer to bump up to solid PM... Think I'll sell on of the two that popped... He's young, but he lacks secondaries. The other guy is well off in regard to secondaries, but he's a little older.

Form +2 overall, but my defenders were relatively 'hard hit'. Thankfully my turnaround games are against a team with a light attack.

10. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I had a defender pop in playmaking. That didn't do me much good!

Overall I had 7 form increases and 4 decreases.

11. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    +5/-7 in form. My two A Team wingers went up a level in playmaking which bugs the hell out of me because I should have had one inner mid pop. Oh well, I'm expecting that guy(a defensive inner) to go to passable and my first excellent inner to pop to formable with another solid going to excellent shortly afterwards.

The joy of training.

12. ur_land

ur_land New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    No pops (it'll still be a few weeks before my GK trainees get to solid), but my form seems to be getting better after I trashed my inad coach, got a passable one, and went from 8/2 to 6/4 on the GK coach/Assit. Coach ratio.

13. ur_land

ur_land New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    It helps if you want to play him offensive and still have some semblence of a defense. I've been using teh "Norway WC final" strategy (1 or 2 cd offensive [who are really solid or high passable IMs with at least inad defending] in addition to 3 IMs) with some frequency in my series and have pulled out at least one win over a team that I had no businees being on the field with yet simply through control of the MF.

I can't wait 'til I start selling trainees and start improving my offense (my best forwards are passables) and defense (only one solid defender), not to mention my middies.......in a few seasons--look out! (I hope!)

14. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Got my first World Class midfielder. Costs me $19,000 a week. Ouch!

15. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have considered that option and I may have to break that out soon. Not sure if the other defenders can carry the load though.

He is a solid defender and now passable PM.