Trade Mathis

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by capitalist, Jun 2, 2007.

1. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    He doesn't care about the team. Selfish, lazy and expensive.

Trade him now!

2. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    Would you feel that way if he was the one working on a hat-trick tonight?

Just because the officials in this league have a hard-on for him is no reason to dump him.

3. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The referee's screwed us over.

4. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are f'ing stupid? I really don't think there are any other words to describe this post. What is the point of making such a dumb thread. Mathis was screwed over by the refs.

5. tommymcb

tommymcb Member

Feb 14, 2007
    CT
    you need to grow a brain. the guy was working very hard.

Messing said it was the worst red card he has seen in 20 yrs.

6. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Ha, Ha, Ha,...the SOB was close to kill the other fellow and now is the referee foul, he is a meanness and this is the second game that the team pay for him.... That is close to a 25% of the games, if we continue like that he will give away 8 games in the season with his shit attitude....

7. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

May 14, 2007
    Edison, NJ
    He's been scoring goals, coming back to play defense, and victimized by harsh red cards all season. Not to mention that RB isn't even eating most of his salary.

Trading him would be not a good idea.

8. STmetrofan

STmetrofan New Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why

Zavagnin is a pile of rat filth. That is one thing this league doesn't need from Europe. ( Injury faking to bait officials ) The ref was a fricking moron.

9. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    I was going to ask if Mathis got another ass raping from an MLS official, but after reading the thread so far I have my answer. Every red he's gotten this season has been complete and utter shite. It's one thing to have a reputation, quite another to be singled out and given phantom reds on a consistent basis. You guys have a legitimate bitch about this. He received several bogus reds and yellows with Colorado too. Sometimes I wish a player would "accidentally" destroy an MLS ref during a match when this crap happens. MLS refs are simply pathetic.

10. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    Guevara is back on the team? :eek:

11. jbeall

jbeall New Member

Jan 18, 2002
    NJ by way of GA
    +1
    MLS needs a transparent review process for their officials starting NOW. If a ref demonstrates bias against a player or a team, that ref needs to look for a new job. If MLS really wants to be 'major league', they can't tolerate bush-league officiating.

When Joey Crawford tossed Tim Duncan from a game for merely rolling his eyes, he soon found himself out of work.

Just like their partnership with the Bundesliga, MLS needs to partner with a top-flight European league and start better ref-training, referee exchanges, etc.

12. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually thought the call was going to go our way because it looked like Zavagnin was pulling and tugging on Mathis...

13. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Trading him....¿To who?, no body want to know about him nothing, the only way to save the team is let him go for nothing, ...just let him go....

14. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    I was going to let you go but I can't. PLONKED! (and neg repped you ********ing moron.)

15. Yeah lets dump a skillful midfielder with 4 goals on the year and we are only paying 100k a year for:rolleyes: The 2 reds he got this year were utter bullshit.

16. SteveB2

SteveB2 New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Nanuet, NY
    Don't drink and post.

The red card was completely unwarranted. IF there was a foul, it would have been on Zavagnin for the tugging, if there was to be a card it would be for Zavagnin's Amado quality acting performance.
    Clint was running and swinging his arms in a natural manner. Clearly not "violent" as the standard for a red calls for and "reckless"? was it even reckless to warrant a yelllow or was it just Zavagnin pulling and being too close.
    As far as Clint being "selfish, lazy, and expensive" he might well have beeen that for RSL but not for us this season. He has come to play this season.

17. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Keep Mathis

Perhaps Zavagnin thought the same thing & overreacted to the forearm for that reason. Refs really have to think for a second before pulling cards. They have to witness the alleged foul, not the (over)reaction. Of course, MLS being what it is, the red card won't be rescinded.
    After the red card, KC kept diving the entire game. Way to go, ref!

18. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    If I was in the same room with you typing this garbage, I would be yelling in your ears right now and tell you that this is dumbest post I have ever seen about Clint after he got hosed by a bogus Red card.

If I was a mod I would give you the Red right now for having tapioca pudding for brains.

19. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    What a couple, ....what a couple... to make three....Whit Guevara and Mathis in the team, we don't need enemies, they destroy the team by they self... and them, some more....

20. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Isn't my foul that you are a masoquista...

21. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    No one of his freaking goals was a wining goal and so far we lost to game because his stupid attitude....

22. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Pretty much the argument everyone was making in Amado's defense. See, we're all better without him.

Mathis clearly cost the team this game. 3 points. Since he knows that the refs are not going to go Michael Jordan on him, he needs to be more careful. That elbow was totally unnecessary.

23. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    You and Metz's posts are what is unnecessary. Talk about wasted bandwidth.

24. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Please forgive me for being a little upset about the team not being at the top of the table (both Eastern and Western conferences) with 20 points.

25. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    I think you need to see a replay. He threw the elboe man.

NY fans can bellyache and boo hoo about this red too, but it wasnt the worst call on the planet. At the VERY LEAST it deserved a yellow. the league is cracking down on this offense so it isn't suprising to see red pulled.