Trade Magee and Bowen for some new jerseys.. NOW!!

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Cyclonis, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    New jerseys would at least add something to the team, unlike these losers.

That fool Magee is made of glass and when he is fit, looks about as healthy as a Polish concentration camp prisoner. Sure he scored a goal in the last MLS Cup final, but what's he done for us lately?

As for Bowen, what's he ever done? He's like those baggy MC Hammer pants.. they were cool when they first came out, but now they just look overhyped and silly

If we keep them we should still get some snazzy new jerseys though, perhaps with Jerry Brown's face on the front as an homage to bad choices

2. Marve1ous

Marve1ous Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    keep Bowen lose Magee, but there's nothing we can really do at this point, we need Beckham and Junhino in the mid, and Berhalter in the back line ALWAYS

3. GalaxyGal

GalaxyGal New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Endline 101 Row A
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I'm still scratching my head wondering why we didn't trade Magee instead of Gordon. Say what you want but it's a valid question.

4. Ron86

Ron86 Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bowen? You must be a fool.

5. jogobonito

jogobonito Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Brooklyn
    i'm not even a Galaxy fan and I'm stunned by this post. you guys need to keep Bowen, trading him at this stage is utter lunacy.

6. propeller74

propeller74 Member

Sep 15, 2008
    LA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would trade Magee for some Twizzlers at this point. Hell, I would trade him for some lint and a button and throw in Twizzlers!

Bowen? Cyc, you have a malfunction.

7. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :p lol!!

8. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'mon mang, get off the ledge. Jeez. "As for Bowen, what's he ever done?" Really? I agree he's a little raw, but he also happens to be 19!!! He doesn't have breakaway speed like some young talents, nor incredible ball skills, nor was he born with an amazing finishing touch. But I think he is an incredibly well rounded player.

He isn't incredible at any one aspect of the game, but he's good at everything. This is his first season logging any significant minutes. I don't know if he'll be a star, but he could certainly be a force in this league. He has lots of potential, and seems to have his head screwed on right.

I agree more about Magee, but I don't think we should get rid of him. He shouldn't be starting, but I don't think he's making too high of a salary, and I think he's a good MLS bench player.

9. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because Magee is more versatile- he can play in the midfield (including on the left, which is an important role) or as a forward.

Because Magee is younger.

Because Magee makes slightly less money.

Because Magee can occasionally finish a decent chance.

Because Magee scored in the MLS cup final.

I don't mean to pick on you, or Gordon- who I agree bled blue and gold, but we have to be rational.

10. Vindo310

Vindo310 Member+

Mar 19, 2009
    South Bay LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL this thread sucks.

Bowen is someone that could be huge for us and maybe be big for our Nats sometime in the future. To get rid of him would be a crime.

I make excuses to myself for us keeping Magee because occassionally he can show some class but those glimmers are few and far between. I am not sure that he is worth keeping for a glimpse of a soccer player for one game and another eight games of a phantom player to follow.

11. Venturadoc

Venturadoc Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Ventura, CA
    Bowen is far from the finish product. He needs to continue to log minutes. I haven't seen the KC game because i was away for the weekend. But I felt we were a little more dangerous with Bowen up top. As for Magee, he is an average MLS player. Good touch and soccer IQ, just not athletic enough to be a difference maker and I can't stand soft players.

Different point, but the biggest problem in MLS is our tight cap. Did we have any cap room to add a player with Becks coming back???

12. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The answer is probably very simple: Chivas didn't want him.

13. Flex Buffchest

Jan 25, 2010
    Orange County, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. Our defense falls apart without veteran Berhalter and our midfield looks lost without Juninho now. And Beckham will only bring the forwards better passes. I used to worry about bringing in new players because of our great chemistry this season, but we're losing that. We need Berhalter, Juninho, and Beckham back, asap.

14. Jones71

Jones71 New Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tristan Bown is not a good player. He has promise because of his youth and speed, but just not good on the ball. He's like the new Bryan Jordan. He gets people excited, but at the end of the day; he's not so good. The fact that he's playing so much speaks to the lack of quality on the LA Galaxy bench and or the inevitable effects of playing with such a tight salary cap.

Mike Magee is a solid role player/utitility/depth player, but nothing more. He too shouldn't be playing has much as he has, but injuries have sort of forced Arena's hand. I do think Magee is a far better overall player than Bowen, but that's really not saying much.

15. Vindo310

Vindo310 Member+

Mar 19, 2009
    South Bay LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I the only one that thinks Bowen is pretty good with the ball at his feet? The way I see it is that he has some good juke moves and step overs. Sometimes he can pull them off to make a little space and get a decent shot off. Other times he gets too ahead of himself and doesn't see his teammates' runs.

He has promise because of his youth, speed and ball skills. The soccer IQ will develop later... hopefully.

16. forzagalaxy

forzagalaxy Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Austin, azTeX/SB, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

I think that Cyclonis is actually Alexi Lalas.

17. forzagalaxy

forzagalaxy Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Austin, azTeX/SB, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    :eek::confused:

Did you seriously compare Bowen to Jordan?!?!

18. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yup

The Kids old! At his age, Pele had already won the World Cup all by himself and was flying all over the world with Santos challenging anyone with a fist full of cash.

19. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    My brother's, best friend's, cousin's, uncle's, neighbor told me that Magee was actually a nickel-a-day coke freak who enjoys punk-rock, bowling and obese women when not playing soccer.. and that Bowen was a racist skinhead whose mother was a member of the militant Black Cougars of the 60's. Don't say you heard it from me though, b/c I hate people who gossip ;)

20. Benz280

Benz280 Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Galaxias
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Bro I agree with you.
    Magee sucks donkey ball
    Bowen is nothing special. What did he do lately? He wants to score too much; everytime he gets the ball he doesn't want to pass it to his playmates,a little selfish I'd say.Go ahead yell at me. Remember the time when we traded McDonald & many people cried? I said: "let him go, he sucks." He still sucks with Northern scums.:rolleyes:

21. greenarrow1134

greenarrow1134 New Member

May 30, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Opinion is an opinion, but yours sir is totally wrong. Bowen just needs to learn how to finish as a striker. This dude is gonna be National team striker. You are 101% wrong. As for Magee. Dude needs to learn how to be selfish. Are you a striker or a midfielder Magee? shoot the ball!!!!.

22. Michael8414

Michael8414 Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Nov 1, 2009
    Augusta, MA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Lol, sorry but it's kinda obvious. Gordon we've given MANY chances too and he's produced squat, while last year Magee was at least able to score a couple and did one at an important time. Also Magee has only played two games not well when he's coming back from an injury, while Gordon has NO excuse.

23. propeller74

propeller74 Member

Sep 15, 2008
    LA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 games not well? Go back and watch the tape my friend. Magee is a back to the goal forward, with no toughness or killer instinct. He's softer than Quilted Northern.

As far as i am concerned, they both didn't produce. It is like our strikers are on strike, they certainly have no clue how to finish. Gordo at least gave us a different look to pair with Buddle. Not a good one, but certainly better than having someone who gets into the right position and sucks the life out of every attack. Magee is where good attacking possessions go to die!

At least Gordo drew fouls.

24. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whereas Alan Gordon was where first class scoring opportunities were strangled to death like feral kittens. You could see the players who created those opportunities banging their heads Homer Simpson-like and thinking "Why do I bother."

25. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Bowen seems to be similar to where Dane Richards was a couple years ago. Pacy enough to burn defenders but a bit clueless once behind them. Richards would repeatedly get the fans excited and then disappoint them just as Bowen does. But NY stuck with him for whatever reason and he has become an important contributor to their offense.

The thing is - to score in soccer is difficult. To do it consistently you need at least one attribute that the typical defender can't match. It can be leaping+heading ability a la McBride (in his prime), it can be a combo of leaping ability & strength & skill & quickness a la Buddle, it can be finesse & deception a la Henry, or it can be speed a la Richards and Bowen and Cunningham and Charlie Davies and Finley (occasionally).

And of all these traits for a forward - speed is the bestest. So let's give Bowen a couple of years to develop and see what happens.

1 person likes this.