Tracking Alaves

Discussion in 'California Victory' started by IceFunk, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing I feel I must say is that many of us in the 1906 have meet and gotten to know the front office staff of the Vics and I will state in their defense they are working their asses off with what little support they are getting from ownership. If you want to take shots at ownership thats fine because he hasn't done shite for us but please everyone realize that the guys in the office are truly doing the best they can.

2. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Even mentioning relocation was going a bit overboard, I think. It's a touchy subject for any fan, let alone Bay Area soccer fans.
    I didn't mean to sweep over a broad base of people. Piterman is the guy I was going at. I know the passion is there and efforts are strong. The funding is all that's missing.

3. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't so much making the comment because of your post in as much as the guys in the front office are kind of guilty by association with Piterman so I just felt it needed to be said that they are not Piterman and are suffering as much if not more than us and are doing the best they can. I know that under the circumstances they are under I would be extremely frustrated. Knowing they read the board I just wanted to throw some love their way for all their efforts.

4. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Absolutely. The front office staff is doing all they can with the limited resources (including time) that they have. They are dong this most likely on a volunteer basis working their full time jobs during the day and trying to get things done when they can. All we can do as fans is keep on showing support by going to the games. Especially next year in the likelihood that the Quakes return. Major props to all the fans that have been going the Vics, Seals, Frogs, etc ... Anybody can support a "major league" team, but the true fans of the game will support the game itself at all levels and not be condescending to those teams that are playing in the lower levels ...

5. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bye Bye Piterman ...

EL EMPRESARIO VITORIANO SE HA HECHO CON EL 51% DE LA ENTIDAD VASCA
    Ortiz de Zárate relevará a Piterman como dueño del Alavés

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/2a_division/alaves/es/desarrollo/1017107.html

Piterman sold his 51% share of alaves for 3 million euros, payable in two parts. No mention of what happens to the Victory. It does say that Alaves can't afford their current 30 player roster and will be forced to sell some. That income will probably used to pay off their 25 million euro debt which the new owner has taken over.

With Piterman completely out of Alaves, the uncertainty of the Victory only increases ...

6. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I'm glad he's gone... but the uncertainty setting in blows.

7. yeroc25

yeroc25 New Member

May 25, 2007
    SF
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shouldn't the FO have some knowledge of what is happening? At least have some idea of Piterman is in control of the Vics.

8. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't anyone know who could be contacted to ask?

9. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since Bruiser is probably still sleeping (he works :rolleyes: nights) I fired off an email. It's probably too soon for them to know anything yet, but it doesn't hurt to ask. If they get back to me I will post what I can.

10. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Was checking the Spanish sports papers to see if they had any news items on Alaves and the Victory. The Victory aren't mentioned. It does say that Alaves has about 26 lawsuits or claims against them for non payment.

One thing that I did find noteworthy is that if you now go to the Alaves official website is that the California Victory are no longer mentioned as an affiliate nor is there a link to the Victory website whereas earlier in the year, the Vics had its own section on the Alaves website ...

www.alaves.com

Three more home games. Lets enjoy them as much as possible considering we still don't know what will happen next season ...