Town Hall Meeting Nov. 9th

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by ZenCarver, Oct 28, 2004.

1. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Maybe all of these questions could be answered.....

at the Town Hall meeting!!!!!! :)

well, it was the topic 4 pages ago.

2. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We have A.D.D. here some times.

Oh yeah ask what the tops will be IF hoops aren't ready.

3. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime
    OK, i'll get this back on topic.

Here's my stance for the townhall....

..they can shirk HSG v. AEG operational methodology....

..they can say whatever they want about not spending $1M on an allocation..

..they can talk a good game about how much of an improvement Frisco
    is going to be.... it is going to be significantly better in many areas,
    and especially, for them, as a going concern, it's going to be good busine$$

...but the sightlines are not improving when the most loyal customers,
    and in our self-inflated opinion, their most important customers, are moving
    from midifeld to behind the goal, and if they don't have Fletcher's and
    Snakebites on the concourse at the top of our section, my take on the
    upgrade on the amenities will be "meaningless"...

...SO, here's my platform:

+++
    1. VISIBLE, "Special Privelege Location" PARKING LOT at a $1 discount
    per game when purchased as a season coupon book, for tailgaiting,
    and ease/rapidity of ingress/egress. So close to the stadium that
    ANYONE can see The Inferno tailgaiters. 100 spaces minimum.
    Dedicated to Inferno "General Admission" season seat holders
    in perpetuity. Also dedicated to United States Supporters groups
    (collectively known as "Sam's Army") for ALL United States Men's
    National Team fixtures, of any age group, including Dallas Cup,
    Warnergraft Gold Cup, USSF friendlies, Olympic qualifiers,
    and FIFA World Cup qualifiers, in perpetuity, available for
    purchase by FC Dallas Supporters Section season seat holders,
    at the list price (no discount) for comparable parking for that
    US National Team game or "Event Day" (Gold Cup, Dallas Cup, etc.).
    Should any FC Dallas Supporters Section season seat/parking holder decline
    to exercise his/her option to purchase parking for a US Men's National
    Team fixture/event, then all remaining parking spaces (of the lot
    with 100 minimum spots for use by FC Dallas Supporters Section
    Season Seat Holders) shall be made available for purchase first-come
    first-served by other FC Dallas Supporters Section Season Seat Holders
    who have already exercised their option to purchase a single parking
    pass for said US National Team fixture/event-day. FC Dallas shall
    handle distribution of these additional parking passes if they are to
    be delivered along with game tickets to (non- FC Dallas Supporters
    Section Season Seat/Parking holders) recipients so designated.

Specifically, it must be written/notarized/codified that The United States
    Soccer Federation, Soccer United Marketing, North Texas Soccer, Dallas
    Cup, United States Youth Soccer Association, United States Olympic
    Committee, Champions World, CONCACAF and/or their assigns,
    FIFA and/or their assigns, and any other entity with whom ULHOWA/FSEC
    shall sign facility use agreements, that said agreement will include
    specific language notifying all parties to the permanent, non-revocable
    privelege held by Dallas Burn Supporters Section Season Seat holders,
    which pre-empts and prevents any and all entities from controlling
    said parking lot for any US Men's National Team fixture/event-day,
    of any kind, for any age-level of the US Men's National Team.

Did I mention that all of this is to be guaranteed by HSG in writing?
    +++

+++
    2. 4' long, 5/8" diameter poles. LEGALIZED. SANCTIONED. CODIFIED.
    +++

These items are not optional. The Inferno Cabal doesn't have to stand
    with me or behind me on these issues. But I will make it clear to all
    in attendance that my financial contribution to the visual aspect of
    FC Dallas support behind the south goal rides on these two issues.

I will also bring up one other issue that I think is important... I want an
    HSG-funded JERSEY OF GREATNESS like they bought for Cowlumbus.
    But I"m not going to make it a show-stopper on my platform.

I wonder how many season seats they've sold behind the south goal????
    Especially considering that:

1. The Inferno will have a dedicated section that they will sell last.
    2. There is no fiscal incentive to purchase season seats in that section.

I've bought one (1). Included in the fine print is the right to make
    demands.

-bs

4. mudpoet

mudpoet Member

May 16, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just hope you have a better tone about it in person than what [at least to me] sounds like being a dick here on bigsoccer. But please present your arguments in a civil manner at the town hall...please? Nobody likes having demands placed in front of them, and frankly I don't think any of us saying "I demand X" will do anything other than break down relations.

Now on your platform:

1) I couldn't agree with you more...it makes sense and everyone wins. They already offer discount season parking, I'd be shocked if it doesn't continue when they actually control the lot. GE has also mentioned tailgate area, though no specifics have been worked out. I wonder if this should be discussed at an Inferno-FO meeting rather than the open Town Hall meeting?

2) Getting kind of picky there aren't we? Come on..do you really feel the need to demand a certain size when they've already promised the warning signs? Choose your battles...really.

3) GE already told us he wants to provide us with a jersey of greatness or a giant flag with the logo on it.

Basically, assuming they come through on what they've told us, we're getting at least 2 of your 3. I'd be shocked if season parking isn't discounted. Assuming it is, you got all 3. Can we be civil at the meeting?

5. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime

Mud, regardless of anyone's perception of tone or tenor, this is binary
    type. Inflection, and one's Professional Acumen to deliver the content,
    can not easily be deduced in type. And no offense, but you also don't
    have the history that some of us do with the team and the league.
    Please, take no offense, as I told you in the lot after Brimstone, I
    look forward to you stepping up regarding Inferno leadership. Just
    ask others "who have been around since Day One" (again, take
    no offense at this) regarding my ability or inability here. I have
    deficiencies, which is why i've always separated myself "officially"
    from the Inferno. I don't speak for the Inferno, I've always
    insured the Inferno Cabal can maintain Plausible Deniability with
    regard to my actions, and please assume you don't know the
    entire history of my interactions with players at all levels of
    MLS, the Burn, FCD, the Fed, HSG, Collin County and Frisco City.

1. I have a good relationship with GE. Not as close as I still am with Andy,
    and not as close as I was with Billy. But decent. Better than I thought
    it would be at first. But this is BUSINESS. GE also promised we would
    get a fair shot at the sideline, and whether HSG feels that fair shot
    was given, there are some very respected members of the Old-Timer
    cadre who are P-O'ed about this. There are other events under
    the GE tenure which indicate that, when it comes down to important
    issues, treating them "on faith", as opposed to LIKE BUSINESS, would
    not be something Sun Tzu would recommend. Sorry, it is a demand.
    But as I said, it is not an Inferno demand. And in order to show
    respect to you for your decision to step up an help take the Inferno
    forward, I will adhere to your request, and I will make the demand
    offline, in person, with GE and Jalper, prior to the townhall. And
    remember that I will make the demand independently, it is not
    an Inferno demand. Whether or not it comes up at the townhall
    will be a result of GE and Jalper's offline temperature on the matter.

2. No, it is not picky. PM me offline if you really want the data.

3. Didn't know GE already promised #3, good job there.

-bs

6. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Short answer: Never.

Long answer: If you were a media conglomerate, and you were broadcasting your movie on HBO HD, and there was the possibility that somebody could easily burn an HD DVD of that movie -- or maybe 400 HD DVDs of that movie, wouldn't you fight like hell against, including having your minions on Capital Hill pass laws against it?
    50-60 GB, give or take.
    The HD DirecTiVo has a 250 GB hard drive.
    They're saved on the hard drive.

7. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting use of "in our self-inflated opinion" which shows, I think, what you really know to be true.

No offense to anyone... but the Inferno, and probably anyone who cares enough to post on BigSoccer, are not the most important customer. The Loyal part is true and that it the reason why. These are the people who are coming anyway. Even if they lose one or two the majority come no matter what. You are the hard core and are a group that does not need attention. Until the day the Inferno can cause a 10K ticket boycott, you just won't be the top customer.

Several groups come first...
    1. corporate clients that sponsor the venue. $$millions
    2. customers who buy boxes at multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars (don't know the real price).
    3. Joe Blow, the everyman... the customer who may come to their first game, the customer who might come to 2 games this time... or 5.. or maybe even come up to season tickets... i.e. the average guys who take attendance from the 100 in the inferno up to 10K.
    4. Hispanic fans (or an savvy market who knows the game and wants top notch team) the group that takes ticket sales from 10K to 15K.. or 20 K

Now you can argue where some of these teams rank with HSG, or where they should rank. But I think you should admit that the hardcore supporters club are the lowest ranks because they A. Are a small group, and B. Come anyway.

The supporters groups are a vocal bunch and they get attention from HSG as they can fill an area that might otherwise sit empty (the endzone)....and you can provide some atmosphere... but you are way down the list of important customer. High on loyalty, low on importance.

Just my $.02. No offense.

8. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    Herein lies the folly (confusion).

It doesn't take an exponentially growning Latino populace to figure out we are America. We share the passion of South, Central.. AND North America in the unifying game.

We witnessed a powerful example of the unity at the CB before HSG took over. We were ONE - each diverse Latino/American fan; passionate toward our expression of unifying with our team.

WE HAD THIS!!!

But along comes HSG, not having a concept of unity (not investing in unity and diversity WITHIN) that grows this game around the world, and divides our unified passion.

So NOW what? HSG shows they can conceive (give birth to) of diversity in the genius/diversity of FSEC. Great! This is inspiring!.. BUT, they don't completely integrate passion into the plan; because a driving force of universal rhythm and passion is separated (divided AGAIN) in the name of The Inferno.

So, how can The Inferno be an inspirational element of unity and passion within HSG and FSEC?.. Well, this is being witnessed and worked toward in the example of members being more constructive in language and exhibition (BEING and example of unifying passion that ALL of us have within us).. further developing chants that even children can add/unite to.. honing drum (and horns?) skills/persistency/achievements that inspires emotion - the passion within all of us that translates to growth in this world unifying game.

Yes, I've witnessed kids dancing, parents swaying - even while in their chairs (and possibly without them being aware of it) at the CB.. INDISCRIMINATE joining/unity of love/emotion/passion in this very-human-expressive-sport! Yes, I've witnessed the disintegration of this CRITICAL state of what we TRULY are - when HSG took over. I've witnessed all the effects of an irresponsible cause of the HSG takeover.

And yet, the example of the diversified FSEC cannot be ignored; and the possibility of The Inferno being a unifying, INSPIRATIONAL, GROWING (new, passionately COMMITTED FANS) cannot be ignored either. If the Inferno is separated from the main body of FSEC; HSG will continue to show the ignorance from within.

Why any company would delude themselves that a vital tool of progress is so readily available - and not effectively integrate it... well, they just cause more ill effects and confusion.

9. mudpoet

mudpoet Member

May 16, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...precisely why I said "what [at least to me] sounds like..." I realize that tone is very difficult to read online, but the fact remains that the word "demand" appears many times in your post. The point I'm trying to make is that making demands vs. making requests ends up with the exact results save one: relations between the demader and the demandee are broken down just a little bit more.

I'm tired of the "Day One" argument and I'm tired of prefacing everything I say with "I know I haven't been around since day one...", but if it will make you feel better, here goes: I know I haven't been around since day one! However, this doesn't change the fact that the human reaction to having demands placed in front of them isn't pretty.

And here is where you tear down your own argument. GE did give us a fair shot at the sideline. In fact, we can still all decide to go to the sideline now -- it's not too late. The only two differences between the sideline and the endline is this: a) ticket costs, and b) protection from soccer-moms regarding flags, drums, standing. But to quote you, "this is BUSINESS" -- they have to turn this francise into a money-making venture or they will fold. When they are faced with the decision of 1) losing soccer-moms and their families, or 2) pissing off loyal fans who will come no matter what (yes I realize the Inferno might lose some people over it - my point is the majority will remain), then they will chose #2 every time.

Well if you insist on it being a demand rather than a request, that's probably a good idea. All I'm really asking is that you choose your words a little more carefully. As for showing me respect, don't do it for me. I'm trying to help you not embarrass yourself or The Inferno in a forum that is meant for the public. It seems to me that someone said something about another Inferno-FO meeting before next year, but I don't remember. I'll see if I can find out.

I don't see how it's not being picky, but feel free to PM me your reasoning.

Yeah. To quote Nick: "The FC Dallas front office does love us."

10. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    :) I like that projection... Brushes with a 'polite postulate'... :)

11. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't go but would be interested in hearing GEs thoughts on the following:
    1) How exactly is it going to work with the pointyball games the night before.
    Will they be able to get the lines off(please!) for the soccer game and how are they going to protect the field (especially the sidelines where the football players stand) so that it is not completely chewed up the next night (especially after rains etc). The Cotton Bowl field looked pitiful after Ut-OU.
    2) Does he ever forsee in the next 10 years a single table and relagation with the A league. I realize we will always have playoffs but the promotion/relagation battles make for great games/high drama.
    Thanks for anyones assistance.

12. BigNards

BigNards Member

Jul 18, 2004

Buzz...you hit the nail on the head here. As much as many of us wish it weren't the case, the numbers just aren't there. If the loyal fan and support groups had a base of 5k - 10k, then HSG and the FO would have to pay more attention. But, when the numbers are less than 100, we are not a priority. It's all about the numbers.

13. doctor_j

doctor_j New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    reppin' ETex
    I'm assuming they won't be using the big field for that, based on this quote from the stadium site:
    ____
    The two closest fields to the stadium will be used exclusively for partners of the facility:

> The FC Dallas training field, which will feature a natural-grass training field.
    > Dr Pink Field, which will be used exclusively for various Frisco ISD athletics, and will feature an artificial turf field along with a press box and bleacher seating for six hundred fans.

____

I could be wrong tho. Unsure who "Dr Pink" is/was, either. Perhaps an OB/GYN :)

14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And can I reiterate that the reason why the sideline was NOT chosen is because the sideline seats that we were looking at, in a word, sucked. They were never good midfield seats like we had at the Cotton Bowl. NE-VER. And they sure as hell weren't worth the extra $90 a season.

We could have those seats at Frisco, but it'll only cost us $324 apiece per season. And forget any sort of Flexipass.

15. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This argument is getting old. Just watch a DC game and tell me that it wouldn't be great to have large numbers of supporters at midfield energizing the whole stadium. I have also heard from many who are not in the Inferno that they like to sit close by because it is more fun and they never really had fun before they sat on the festive side.

If HSG sells out both sides from the get go, then they have made the right decision. If instead it is even remotely like Southlake where they built end zone stands, persuaded us to sit there, and then had what would have been the festive side a ghost town, then they have grossly miscalculated. Time will tell which it is.

16. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it only has seating for 600 then the high school games will have to be in the big stadium. Those games can draw 5k easy.

17. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    Im with Mud being tired of prefacing every opinion with "I havent been here since day one". Well Im here now and Im not going away. And I maintain that MLS is the only sports league that gives the fans this kind of access to the FO.

Im with Brushes about parking & jersey of greatness.

Also what are the chances we see some kind of mock up for the new kits?

18. mudpoet

mudpoet Member

May 16, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They want to do a "fashion show" before Christmas, but they still won't be for sale until near season start at the earliest.

19. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pulling out the 12 pounder !

20. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    if thats what it takes

21. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess that we can buy and wear the new kits at the WP for a long while. The Home opener seems to be getting further and further away....

22. Mrs.TexasArsenal

Mrs.TexasArsenal New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    GE also said they don't want to have the fashion show until they have the jerseys available to buy.

23. BigNards

BigNards Member

Jul 18, 2004

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see 10k on each side jumping up and down and going crazy the whole game. But it is a numbers game for HSG who is making the rules. The inferno voted to sit behind the goal, partially because of the lack of HSG's willingness to work with us. You are right though, time will tell. If we had more numbers, we could sit wherever we want to.

24. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, it's a numbers game. But anyone can make numbers mean different things. All of you who are tired of saying this is your first year ask yourself this - Why did I have such a good time? Was it maybe the work of a bunch who were there before me who didn't just meekly take whatever was given but asked for more and made it even better a little bit at a time?

We weren't given the midfield at the Cotton Bowl. We literally took it one game. The crowd that year was shrinking from bad Burn performances and the whole Inferno section just up and moved to where La Cuervo's supporter's were. Joined them for ever after (or until they imploded and spun off into La raza Latina and La Mata Loca).

Did anyone read the DMN today and wonder how different it would be if Mark Cuban had bought the Burn? He lets anyone in free at Mavericks games who paints themselves blue. What does that have in common with us? Would he not have tried to create a huge supporters section and enticed with lower priced tickets? What team now has the buzz (not Buzz) associated with their game day presentation? Which team promotes their crazies and which hides them. Finally, which sells out? You can make money buy emphasizing your hard core fans.

25. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    Yes! We can all grow by expressing our passion and fighting suppression.

Truth.