Tournament's Best XI

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by mrliioadin, Jun 27, 2006.

1. stevieg987

stevieg987 Member

Mar 20, 2005
    ....Buffon.....
    Miguel..Gallas..Cannavaro...A.Cole
    J.Cole.....Viera.....Ballack....C. Ronaldo
    ..............Klose.........Henry......

Miguel has been great
    Buffon Easy
    Gallas and Cannavoro have been rocks
    Both Coles had a good WC
    Ballack has been the massto of germany
    Viera has been a beast
    Klose has been playing out of his mind
    Henry hasnt been playing that well but neither have other strikers
    C. Ronaldo has been portugals best player

2. Reyes9

Reyes9 New Member

Oct 12, 2005
    Extremely tough to pick - especially keepers & defenders. The Strikers pick themselves, especially Klose. Rodriguez & Vieira a must & the other 2 midifeld spots could go to a few others.

GK: Lehmann
    D: Lahm Thuram Cannavaro Zambrotta
    M: Rodriguez Vieira Maniche Ribery
    F: Klose Crespo

3. pippomo

pippomo Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Modena
    I'd sub Lehman with BUffon. The rest is close to perfection ( maybe get the portugal from chelsea in for Thuram ). Also if not playing a 4-4-2 but with a 4-2-3-1 Obviously I pick Zidane for Klose or Crespo, the rest being the same.

4. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    GK ................... Buffon

DF Miguel ........ Neill ...... Cannavaro ....... Lahm

DM ..... Makalele .............. Gatusso

AM ..... Ribery ..................... Zidane

FW ............. Klose ........ Podolski

Subs: Ricardo, C Ronaldo, Maniche, Pirlo, Vieira, M Rodriguez, Appiah, Frings, Ballack

A worthy mention to Robinho. He should have played much more. Stupid Parreira.

Neill was clearly Australia's best player. He was great in defence and he was confident in everything he was doing. A shame for him that his tornament ended the way it did.

He caught me by surprise. Before the World Cup, I thought he was an erratic goalie and most reports on him said that he was the weak point of the Argentine team. After watching Argentina's matches, he was very impressive. Whenever he would boot the ball upfield, the ball would go further down the field than the usual goal kick.

5. Sildegil

Sildegil New Member

May 15, 2002
    . Buffon

Sagnol Carvallo Cannavaro Lham

. Makelele

. Deco Viera Frings

. Zidane

. Klose

That s mine.

6. svwin

svwin New Member

May 14, 2006
    Germany
    Mh...I just take players like they come to my mind that impressed me:

Klose, Torres, Zidane, Lahm, Buffon, Viera, Figo, Canavaro, Drogba(not the whole time), Churchill(not sure if the spelling is right, player of T&T), Frings... reservists: Kahn! :D

It isn`t a WC for the so known "Superstars", the most of them were really bad...

7. ThreeStars

ThreeStars Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Berlin, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Buffon (Ricardo); Sagnol, Cannavaro, Ayala, Lahm; Deco, Viera (Frings), Zidane (Riquelme), Essien (J. Cole); Messi , Klose.

A bit of an old team, maybe. I´d like to see Messis dribbling and passes with Klose finishing, though.

8. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    glad to see Zidane finally being included in the some of the lists. he certainly picked it up against Spain, and then to another level still against Brazil.

9. djeudo

djeudo New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Buffon

Sagnol Cannavaro Gallas Lham

Makelele Viera

Deco Robben

Zidane

Klose

Lot of french guys but they have definitly shown that they deserve to be here.

10. Pakalolo

Pakalolo Member

Apr 27, 2006
    at home
    Are you sure about Robben? He had one great game, but the rest was pretty medicore. With the rest I agree. Oh, and you could include Frings instead of Makelele.

11. djeudo

djeudo New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    For me, Makelele is actually the best midfield defender in the world. We don't really talk about him and we don't see him during a match but his job in the mid is giant, really giant. Never tired, always aggressive, takes so many balls. If Vieira can play so offensivly it's because there is Makelele who makes the backup and securize the space. Madrid lost a great player.

12. digme

digme New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    funny how naive some are here... i started reading from the top..i hadn't ventured to this part of the forum till now... i am going to say this though, after france played spain and braizl finally Sagnol got recognition, but if you watched every game the french played that's obvious...i will make my selection after the end, but i can assure you i will pick miguel and sagnol as my wing-backs..there's no way anybody else takes their spot over somebody else... period...heck you could take the french back four and they will just do fine... now A cole must be mentioned in here though because he really is not that far from miguel, but ashley cole hardly pushes up... another must is ribery... that guy could have easily scored by now at least 5 goals. too bad at the start he was not that confident (lack of international experience) if you miss these three guys (sagnol, miguel, and ribery) in their respective positions you didn't watch the same games i watched. These three Clearly dominated their position..Without any question, they clearly did.

13. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Heheh no. Lahm is great, just I think he was getting too much rep and I think he is a bit overrated. Kinda wanna give props to my personal favorites.

14. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes he did, on the merits on that one game, he would make my starting XI. And he was solid in his other outings, but not mediocre. A lot of overfouling on him going uncalled.
    And yes, Frings over Makelele.