Toulouse FC Thread

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by MedissiaPWR, Jul 29, 2005.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Re: Toulouse FC Thread 2005-2006

Elmander hasnt scored yet. Fabinho is playing pretty well. I think Santos is still out injured.

2. toulousain

toulousain Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Toulouse, France
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Well,

Barthez wants to play one or years more. He would like to do it in Toulouse because his family lives in the region.

Baup is Barthez's friend and he wants to have him in the team. They worked together during Barthez's first (and only) professional season in Toulouse, Baup trained only the keepers at this time. It could be part of the reason why Revault didn't play, but it's just an hypothesis.

President Sadran said he didn't need a new goalkeeper, even after that Revault left the club. So now we Douchez (about 15 games in L1) as n°1 who is very good since the start I must say, and Benvegnu (no games in L1) as n°2.

I'm a little confused about all this. Revault wasn't deserving this, remember he accepted to stay when the club fell in National (3rd national level). Many changes can happen until the 31st of August, the end of the transferts period.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

http://news.maxifoot.com
    Toulouse: Emana prolongs (05/09)
    The medium of ground of the TFC, Achille Emana, prolonged its two additional season old contract, announces the official site of the Toulouse club. The 24 year old Cameronian is from now on related to the pink city until 2010. Emanated had begun the Toulouse adventure in 2001 when the club evolved/moved in National. (By Nicolas Lagavardan)

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Toulouse are on the rise. They beat Lille 3-1 in Lille. Time to celebrate !

5. toulousain

toulousain Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Toulouse, France
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

4th of L1 !
    Well, it's early in the season but this start is full of promise.
    The new players, Elmander and Fabinho, played very well and we saw a big Emana on this game.

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Elmander and Santos have 0 goals between them so imagine how good the team would be when these guys start scoring.

7. toulousain

toulousain Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Toulouse, France
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Santos hasn't played a game since the start of the the season. He was injured. The game of League Cup against Nantes tonight could be his first.
    Elmander made some great assists (can we use this word for soccer ?), I'm sure he will score soon.

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

i was that close to saying elmander had scored against us, since in fact he did the work; all fabinho had to do was watch the ball bounce off his foot.

9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

watched the nantes-toulouse league cup match last night...

happy to see bergougnoux do well, he was in on all the juicy bits for téfécé, the first goal coming on a rebound from his monster shot and the second off his pinpoint cross...

but the first goal was really most due to mathieu's brilliant run; how can a guy that beefy be that fast? and take nothing from akpa akpro, that guy just needs to get his little toe on the ball and it's all over but the crying, as he almost proved again in the closing minutes. toulouse really has what it takes up front...

and at the back, what a brilliant save at the end by couchez... thank god for toulouse that barthez wasn't signed, he'll be france keeper when coupet and barthez retire instead of landreau, mark my words.
    but the best part of the game was the matchup between mathieu and wilhemsson, one looks strong, the other looks fast, they're both both. and wilhelmsson, what technique! i didn't know they had favelas in sweden!

but let's not lose a chance to be really catty... on bonnet's goal, cubilier is standing there like a cigarstore indian; if i was le dizet, i'd say "ok, i'll go quietly, but first i want to see cubilier wheeled out and shot. and keseru? i've never seen a player so completely devoid of talent or determination. not a trap or a pass decently executed, no movement, and a tailormade free kick he sent into the stands like a helium balloon. the worst was when he watched wilhemsson's beautiful cross go in front of his nose like he just couldn't care. his expression on ensuing closeup was priceless, like he was saying to himself, "i hope nobody saw that.." no you bozo, nobody except your teammates, your coach, the president of the club, the whole beaujoire and a national TV audience. wheel him out too!

a last little note... did you know fabinho had 6 fingers on each hand? neither did i until last night.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Looks like TFC are finally showing their potential. A certain person who posts here(who shall remain nameless) has doubted Baup but I think the club is clearly on the way up. Burgougnoux and Matheiu I always thought they were quality and it looks like now they are finally playing up to their potential. You mentioned Wihemsson, what the heck was he thinking when he decided to go to Nantes. You cant tell me that PSG or St. Eteinne or whoever couldnt use this guy right now.

11. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden

I don't think Elmander will ever be a top scorer, but his prescen upfront is really helping TFC this season, had assists almost every game. Great steal for the first goal vs Lille.

12. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Hmmmm sign a Swede to keep Elmander happy. Very shrewd.

14. Jahaja

Jahaja New Member

May 25, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden

Don't be arrogant. Jon is one of the few promosing swedish defenders.

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

I'm sure he's great just very unknown outside of his country.

16. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX

TFC will face mighty Liverpool in the Champions League qualifier.

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Sad, sad news for the club. I think the reason why their recruitment this summer has been somewhat tepid was because they didnt know if they would be in the group stages. Now with this very difficult draw I think they will continue with what they have been doing.

18. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX

I wonder what Elmander is thinking about this draw. Will he abandon the ship?

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

I doubt he'd leave just because of that. I dont like how this Champions League draw works. A team like Liverpool which is one of the ten biggest clubs in Europe, should automatically go to the group stages. Toulouse should be playing against a team of similar quality from a "lesser league." Its more fair that way. Liverpool doesnt need to be playing this match, just send them through I'd say. Toulouse can "earn" their spot against similar quality teams.

20. Silke74

Silke74 New Member

Aug 16, 2007
  21. Pierre-Henri

Pierre-Henri New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Strasbourg, France.

Now you know, kids. You won't mess with the Storks again :D !

[​IMG]

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

14,170 attendance in Toulouse for that match vs Strasbourg. Thats less than 50% capacity. Toulouse is not a soccer town. They dont deserve their success. Pathetic crowd for a team in the 4th largest French city. Screw them.

23. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

they look pretty good on paper!

[​IMG]

24. toulousain

toulousain Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Toulouse, France
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Interesting from a Monaco fan....

25. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Monaco has over 30,000 people while Toulouse is the 5th largest metropolitian area in France. I dont know how you can make excuses for your bad attendance figures. Theres easily over a million people in Toulouse and you have a good team. You should be close to capacity for every match if you were a real soccer town. You arent Lorient or Le Mans who draw just as much as you despite being much smaller towns and having smaller stadia.