Totti stays at least for the next season?

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by fatdanny99, Mar 23, 2005.

1. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
  2. romanista31

romanista31 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Listen man totti will never leave roma. Its his home and hes been playing their since he was 12. Its not liek Roma is that terrible that hes in a rush to go. He even said he would never leave! He weill finish his career in Roma.

3. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Contract talks start today...

4. dﮥnny

dﮥnny New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    US
    I'm 90 percent sure Totti will stay.

5. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So you have Totti on speeddial on your cell phone? just messing with you.

Danny,
    Why don't you be a little more specific with your location since most people are from the USA on BigSoccer? At least put the city of state...

6. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    he would leave if the club didn't do what he wanted them to. Do you know how close he was to leaving last season? All Roma fans were holding their breath. But anyway this question gets asked every season and the answer has remained the same but you can't be so certain.

hopefully you're right though ;)

7. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    For the sake of his career, I think he needs to leave. Being stuck at Roma and caring so much about them can only do more harm. He is becoming a bit of a laughing stock to many. He needs a fresh start and to lose all of this pressure he puts himself under at Roma.

8. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    this could be true. I would love to see him at Real Madrid. I think he is just what they need to get back on track. I would hate to see him leave my beloved Roma, but i agree that it is doing him harm

9. dﮥnny

dﮥnny New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    US
    It's sad to us Roma fans, but it's true.

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Chin up and all!

Either 1 of 2 things will happen:
    A) Totti stays and AS Roma may get slightly better with some transfers
    B) Totti leaves because AS Roma can't afford more transfers.

Until there is a general salary cap across Europe...the stars will always flock to the rich and big clubs, nothing can stop that but winning football!

11. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Im gonna tell u exactly wuts gonna happen :D

Totti will stay forever ... we will sell cassano to Juve and with the all the money we get , we're gonna build a great team around Totti and win the Serie A ;)

12. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    lol thats what you want to happen...but there is no guarantee at all that it will happen. however, since Totti is getting out of what are considered his 'prime' years, maybe we will be able to keep him until he retires

13. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i would absolutely love to see a nba type salary cap for european football clubs. it has been suggested before but wildly objected to by all the richest clubs. i guess when youre on top of the world its hard to give it up for the sake of fairness. €70 mil would be okay. that would spread the talent around and the leagues would be more even and competitive. never gonna happen though.

14. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    im pretty sure Juventus will want to include atleast one player for any cassano bid. i dont think there will be too much money involved. Mutu plus €10-15 mil maybe?

as for totti, for his own sakes, i think he should leave. as far as roma, they should do whatever they can to keep him.

15. dﮥnny

dﮥnny New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    US
    Their is new news suggesting Totti might stay in Roma due to the birth of "Totti Jr."

16. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    hmm i dont know why that would matter. he can play abroad for 5 years until the kid starts school. i think it would do his career a great deal of good to get away from roma right now.

17. princess2000

princess2000 New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    sthlm, sweden
    i think he'll leave. money and careerplanning will drive him away. players loyal to a club are an endangered species. if he stays, he belongs in a museum.
    (and don't get me wrong here, nobody is happier than me if he stays.)

18. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    both nesta and totti gone from the stadio olimpico. would be kind of sad, but thats life. this aint the nba where one player can carry a otherwise just decent team to a championship. unless that player in Maradona of course. if totti wants to win consistently, he has to leave. i think totti is too bent on winning european player of the year though, and that makes me think he will never win it.

19. princess2000

princess2000 New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    sthlm, sweden
    I think that train has left the station for poor totti. his winning head will serve many clubs in europe good, even though I think he'll stay in Italy.

20. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    hmm 40 minutes before this post you said you thought he would leave. im guessing youve not made up your mind yet?

anyway, Nedved won the european player of the year award at age 31, so totti still has a couple seasons. one things for certain, he will never win it while playing for roma.

21. princess2000

princess2000 New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    sthlm, sweden
    leave Roma - yes, leave Italy - no.
    I know that seems highly unlikely and bisarre (imagine him in Milan!?!), but that's what I think.
    the age-train is still standing warming up it's engine, it's the skill and talent-train that is just seen rounding the corner with totti still on the station, bags packed...

22. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    oh, my bad. if he does leave roma he will leave italy. if he cant handle the pressure of roma then imagine the pressure on him being all of italys favorite traitor by signing for milan or inter. hes too weak and fragile to handle the assault of criticism and ridicule he would face wherever they played.

23. princess2000

princess2000 New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    sthlm, sweden
    true, he is too weak, but does he realize it himself..? hopefully, he has a wise agent.

24. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    if he did have a wise agent he would have been gone years ago.

25. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    enough with the train analogies

and Totti will never play for another team in Italy, he has already said its Roma or nobody else in Italy. He said the only team he would leave Roma for would be Real Madrid.