Totteringham V Manchester United Football Club 2/2/08 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Republic of Mancunia, Feb 1, 2008.

1. BlackPearl

BlackPearl Member

Jul 21, 2006
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hope this doesn't turn out to be "one of those days". It feels like it so far.

2. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ideally yes. But then we would have to have a left back that didn't think he was Pele.

3. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, while I'm not going to say that Giggs is having a blinder by any means, if you're going to come in here and say "this guy suck ass" about one of our greatest players ever, don't expect to get an ounce of respect from anyone.

4. liquidfireboy

liquidfireboy Member

Aug 9, 2007
    ummm...naked chicks on the stream :D

5. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The ref has been bad, but its been bad both ways.

6. leafdolfan

leafdolfan Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I hate to see players arguing every single call. I really think Sir Alex needs another Newcastle-esque half time talk

7. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    hahahahahahahahahahah, i saw that shit, horrible, some people got talent and skill some dont he s one of them

8. Sapphire

Sapphire Moderator

Jun 29, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean Anderson for Scholes (Carrick's not on). I'd like to see Anderson involved, but Hargreaves is a necessary defensive force at the moment (I can't understand why so many here are calling for him to be subbed???) and Scholes is, well, Scholes, and I like to think he's capable of coming to life in the 2nd half. Perhaps it's been too many games for Scholes recently and he needs a rest.

I agree with Nani for Giggs, though.

9. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And when Carrick gets run over what hell are we going to do then? Put pressure on him and he is worthless. He is like a twig.

10. Streamline

Streamline New Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Ottawa
    My lord, what a ************ half, worst I've seen from United since the start of the season. Full credit to Tottenham, they are out hussling us off the park, wining every 50-50 ball and doing an excellent job of closing down our players. The team needs to wake up and start stringing some passes together. The second half can only getter better then the first.

11. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    yeah he assist one and loses the ball 20 times, i prefer not to have a player like that , tell me how many times he lost the ball this season, uuuuuuuuugggggggggggggg.(ugly)

12. 433tom

433tom New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    We deserve to lose this one. The players are more interested in complaining to the Ref than playing Football.

Giggs looks totally out of sorts. We are losing this match in the midfield. Rooney and Tevez have to come back into the midfield to get the ball out of our half. Fergie needs to put on Nani and Anderson. We need some pace in the midfield.

13. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    I could see Anderson on for Giggsy

And to the idiot who said Giggs sucks, go play in traffic. He's been one of our best players this season and will go down as one of our best players of all time. No self respecting United supporter would say that he sucks, hell, i don't know many supporters of other teams that would agree with you either.

14. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I will tell you why, because unlike the rest of these sad excuse for footballers he is actually involved in the game. So because he is actually giving a damn effort they blame him because they actually know he is alive. For godsake someone just said Carrick is playing.

15. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Who knows? We need more incisiveness from central midfield. The Nani/Giggs swap wouldn't help that :(.

16. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    We're being friggin tactically outclassed out there today, it always looks the same. We never seem to have anytime on the ball and there always seems to be a wall of the opposition in front of us. That's the opposition playing a more effective formation. This '4-4-2' SHIT with Ronaldo being invisible on the wings, Giggs giving the ball away and Rooney and Tevez being outjumped is utter CRAP. I'm sick of it. Forget conquering Europe when you can't even put together a solid unit for a tough away game in the EPL.

LOL what season have you been watching?

17. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    let me tell you something, you cant judge players about their pasts , we r in the present, the guy is not playing well all season, the only reason fergie puts him in is because he wants him to beat charlton's record, he WAS a great player, He s losing it

18. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Overreaction. Every team in the EPL has been outplayed by lesser competition this year. Sorry.

That said, I agree with you that our tactics are...odd...today.

19. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    -----Rooney-----
    Tevez----Ronaldo
    ----Anderson----
    Scholes---Hargreaves

I could see this happening, but it probably won't. Most likely Nani will come on for Giggs and hopefully he can provide some magic.

20. Sapphire

Sapphire Moderator

Jun 29, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, haven's a class act; I'm betting he just mistyped on Carrick. I think you're somewhat correct about Hargreaves, though; he's been involved in everything, and that makes him a visible man in a dismal team performance.

21. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah I agree with the other guy, go find some traffic. A bad game and he is over the hill and needs to be sold. Why no complaining about Evra, Brown or Rio who having ten times worse games?

22. sab456

sab456 Member

May 20, 2007
    We'll be alright in the second half. Have faith...

23. G-boot

G-boot Member

Manchester United
    Nov 6, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

agreed

24. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Wat r u watching???????????????????????????????????????? the besr players this season are vidic , ronaldo, tevez, anderson , and rio thats about it

25. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Maybe my brain just can't compute the idea of Scholes playing poorly ;).

In all seriousness, I said Carrick because I'd just made a post rejecting the idea of inserting him (because his passing in short spaces, umm, sucks).