Tottenham vs. West Ham United , 4/11, Game thread [R]

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by chanman83, Apr 10, 2009.

1. LedleybetterthanSol

Jun 16, 2004
    Gold Coast/Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    For thos whinging about our first half, you should watch the Stoke-Newcastle game. We are spoiled rotten when you see how much Newcastle struggled to pass the ball around. I think we had a decent flow to our game, just no end product until Pav came on.

The only time we looked vulnerable to West Ham was on the counter. Jenas was combatative today again until he got injured, maybe he has a future here.

2. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Why compare to Newcastle and not Liverpool? Afterall we should be setting our standards to title chasing Liverpool(high standard) and not relegation threatened Newcastle(low standard). If we want to compare with Newcastle, then we should also compare ourselves to the likes of WBA, Boro and Sunderland.

3. FatAndUgly

FatAndUgly New Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Huntington Beeyatch

Damn right. West Ham is our next target, table-wise. I am the first to admit that I didn't think we would reach Europe via the table. COYS, keep it going!

4. LedleybetterthanSol

Jun 16, 2004
    Gold Coast/Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    fair call, you have a point.

Also fulham's win was not the best result for us, and a draw seemed on the cards for a while, shame it didn't eventuate.

5. phish redded

phish redded Red Card

Mar 26, 2009
    japan
    Club:
    Amazon Grimstad
    Nat'l Team:
    Belarus
    who was Totts without palacios? :D

6. THFC6061

THFC6061 Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Israel
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Good win against West Ham.

We've now got the Newcastle match on Sunday to look forward to.

I see that Gomes is being linked in the press for a summer move to Chelsea as a replacement for Petr Cech!

I've got a match Preview of the Newcastle game, with the complete history of our matches with them over the years, on my Football Stats web site.

www.MyFootballFacts.com

Simply click on the 'Blog' for the Newcastle Preview.

There's also a wealth of stats and information about Tottenham Hotspur on the dedicated Spurs page.