Tottenham vs West Brom 28/12 pre/post match talk

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Colm, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ox utd

ox utd New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    charleston
    Please keep up the commentary - can't get away from work, our firewall won't allow streaming footage,etc., so you're my only link...thanks!

2. Spur_Forever

Spur_Forever Member

Oct 1, 2005
    DC
    2-0 down now. For those of you who were wondering why we need good cover in central defense, watch the footage of Kanu cutting through us like butter...

It'll be a real shame if we lose this game.

3. SpursLivi

SpursLivi New Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Livingston
    2-0 Kanu again :mad:

4. bitter leftie

bitter leftie New Member

Apr 30, 2004
    Western mass
    of course its kanu

5. Spur_Forever

Spur_Forever Member

Oct 1, 2005
    DC
    Keane came on as a sub and Mido's on now too.

6. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    53mins: GOAL. Poor goal for us defensively, Gardner pass intercepted by Kanu and he then missed tackle, Kanu shifted ball past Dawson and drove past Robinson from 15 yards.
    West Brom 2, Spurs 0

55mins: SUB. Keane for Routledge.

57mins: Kanu flicked pass to Greening, attempted shot deflected just over for corner by Dawson.

66mins: Kuszczak rush of blood and beaten to Davids' pass by Keane, no support though and Keane's cross from left cleared.

67mins: Spurs fans stunned by the crapness of Gardner, who has truly sucked this game.

69mins: Curbishley puts in a bid for the lad Gardner saying, "I need another dodgey Spurs defender."

7. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    ....I don't believe this......

We're going to lose!

8. ox utd

ox utd New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    charleston
    Does anyone know how to do a groin transplant?? I'll donate mine to Ledley...

9. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    77mins: Chest control from Mido, Defoe took over and struck decent shot from 20 yards taken well by Kuszczak.

10. Spur_Forever

Spur_Forever Member

Oct 1, 2005
    DC
    He can have Lee too while he's at it.

I was a big fan in the beginning, but his performances seem to just keep getting worse. I haven't seen a decent cross from him in 3 or 4 games now and whenever the opposing team plays a long ball on their right hand side, Lee's nowhere to be found. :mad:

11. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Prepare for a call from Sol Campbell. "Transplant your groin.....to my arse."

12. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Wow. Micheal Brown is playing.....

13. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    2 minutes to go....

WBA defending like lunatics...Spurs not really attacking at all effectively....

Rubbish. We'd better beat Toon.

This kit is cursed. No-one buy the light blue and yellow kit. All our defeats, excluding CSKA London (*Infinite Cash Enabled), have come while playing in it. It is evil.

14. Spur_Forever

Spur_Forever Member

Oct 1, 2005
    DC
    Fat chance unless Ledley comes back.

15. Spur_Forever

Spur_Forever Member

Oct 1, 2005
    DC
    Defoe just missed a sitter.
    Jol's got some work to do at both ends...

16. SpursLivi

SpursLivi New Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Livingston
    The blue kit has always been cursed.

17. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Full Time 2-0 to WBA.

Bollocks.

18. ox utd

ox utd New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    charleston
    crap. thanks for the commentary. apparently we aren't as deep as I thought, and toon is going to be fresh with their "weather day off".

19. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This stuff is doing my head in. Another poor preformance. This is really starting to piss me off!!!! :mad: :mad:

can't remember the last time we played well. with the way we're playing at the moment i aint expecting much against Newcastle.

20. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    Just a quick word. I'm still abroad but a friend just called and told me the result.

As I was saying on the Vlaar thread. Anyone who thinks Davenport and Gardner are decent cover need to wake up. We have no cover. Nice of Ant Knee to discover his old form though. :rolleyes:

Also, my football love of Tainio grew even more tonight. He was badly missing in midfield. We might have come away with a point had he been playing.

Lastly, bit shitty that we got rid of the only striker to be able to link up with Defoe in any meaningful way over the summer. Ah well.

Hopefully we bounce back from this defeat in the same way we have done previously this season.

COYS!

21. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We'll have to improve DRAMATICLY if we want to beat Newcastle. This is about the 5th/6th game in a row we've played badley. I'm afraid that aint good enough. We may have been getting points then but that won't last forever. If you keep playing poorly you'll lose someday and that happened today. King will have to be back on saturday/

22. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    This sucks. AND Newcastle get that extra day off. I think. Damnit.

23. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Let's be honest, a result like this was always on the cards. Spurs have been getting away with playing badly by scoring.

No goal tonight was going to equal no win.

Least it was away to a ******** club on a cold night instead of home to a decent club on a nice afternoon. Wake up call for the Newcastle game.

24. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    These are the type of games Spurs need to win, it's that simple. Points lost. When the season is over, we'll look back on today as a missed opportunity. I just hope it doesn't cost us a spot in the Champions League or UEFA Cup. Dawson failed his test. King's health is clearly essential to our defense. That's disappointing to learn. At least we learned it before January.

The next game against Newcastle should be significantly harder than this one ... time to step it up. Motivation comes from both the coach and the players, I hope we see more determination against Newcastle.

-Digital

25. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Surprising? Yes. But not shocking stuff. The team has been sleeping by the fire for a while, winning and drawing games they should be losing, and today they got burned. Roll on Newkie.

Sorry guys, I'm upset about the game, I really am. But I'm going out with this Brazilian girl tonight, so not even a ******** performance against West Brom can bring me down. I love Miami.