Tottenham vs West Brom 28/12 pre/post match talk

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Colm, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This game is only 2 days after the Birmingham game so i'll start the topic now, i predict a draw for this game, West Brom are solid at home and will be a scappy game, though it's a game we should win i've got the feeling it'll be a 1-1 draw.

your thoughts?

2. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They have had some good wins at Home - beat A*senal, Everton 4-0, Man City and scored a lot of goals -4th highest in the league at home. Got quite a bit of pace and power up front.

They have been vulnerable though and are in the relegation placings. I think a win is on the cards, although a draw if we play like we have over the past few weeks. The good news is that our fullbacks are our weak links, but West Brom don't have much out wide, especially with Gera coming back from injury.

3. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Will be able to give a more accurate prediction after I see the way the team performs against Birmingham.

4. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
  5. Mort09

Mort09 New Member

Nov 1, 2005
    I predict a good xmas stuffing for both Brum and W.Brom. Neither have the class in their side that we have or the quality back-up. West Brom will be very stretched against i think. So i predict we're gonna beat Birmingham 1-0 (Robinson long range free kick) and West Brom 3-0 (Ron Vlaar hatrick)

6. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Looks a tough game on paper, but to me it depends what happens on Boxing day. If we win and they lose then we'll be in a better situation than them and will win.

7. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    I don't like us playing at the Hawthornes - we never seem convincing. I would be there if I was at Uni but just my luck the fixture is just when I'm at home.

8. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    All I can say is that I feel we can beat them.

9. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    I will not be writing an angry letter if we get 4 points out the 2 games but will only be satisfied with 6 points. I know we're not the finished article but bloody hell, we'd still have a long way to go if we can only get one win against two relegation fodder teams.

10. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    The next two games will be difficult, but we have what it takes to beat them.

11. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...they have a good attack and seem to be sound at home, but they are dodgy at the back, and I feel our MF can be one of the best in the league. And expect Spurs to boss the game.

12. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

...they will have a go at us and I do believe that Jol will use our squad in this game.

I expect him to rest Jenas and even maybe Davids.

13. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Pff, resting players at christmas is stupid.

5 games that can make or break a season. If these guys are any sort of professional players then they will be able to cope with it. Not like they are new to the game, every player goes into christmas knowing the demands of it.

Lets rest Davids and Jenas, then lose to WBA and Man City and lay 7th or 8th going into January. Great idea.

14. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    I agree with you. But I am sure Mendes will play a part in the festive period.

15. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...I can see Davids gettin a rest but Jenas at 22 is way to young to need a rest. If anyone would get a game I think it would be Davis or Brown. Mendes is on the out and I doubt we'll see him in a Spurs shirt again.

16. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    So you think he'll go in the transfer window?

17. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...Jaymes I think he's the odd man out, for whatever reason MJ has overlooked him. You prolly know better than any of us about managers personal taste. For whatever reason he will not get a look in. I have no inside info, as I have no contacts in side the club, but its obvious Jol does not trust in him.

18. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Yeah i don't think Mendes will start a game, bench/sub perhaps but i think he's a gonna.

19. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    They must have had a falling out. Last season, Mendes was a sort of regular wasn't he? Ok, he was playing on the right, in a position that he didn't like, but I saw Martin put his arm around him many times.

They must have had an argument of some sorts.

20. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The problem for Mendes is Carrick. You can't play them both in the same team, at least not in the Premiership where you need at least one centre mid who can do the dirty work. If Carrick got injured then Mendes would at least have Brown's place on the bench.

21. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...I have a feeling Davis would take the place of Carrick if he was injured. Jol's comment a week ago saying that Davis is one of his best players, is interesting considering.

22. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Boosting him in the press, arouses interest from other clubs.

I think, anyway.

23. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    Davis and Davids would be one of the hardest centre midfield combinations in the league. Davis is great at tackling, i remember on his debut against Liverpool he went into a 50-50 with Steven Gerrard and i never thought he would get up after it.

24. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

...god, you should be an agent!

25. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    I think Mendes' problem is Carrick playing in his best position (and he's not likely to be dropped). The other problem now is that Huddlestone is coming through with his eyes on that position too so it looks even less likely that he'll get a chance. It's a shame because I like Mendes; he's excellent with his passing, he'll get his knees dirty and tackle, and he's experienced.