Tottenham vs. Marseille, Champions League group stage, Sept 7

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Phillyspur, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Davis and Tanganga on for Romero and Lenglet

2. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    1-0, Richarlisson, 76 mins

3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    The first bit of quality in the match by us, Perisic with a delightful cross and the unmarked Brazilian heads home.

4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Perisic beat another ex-scum for the goal, Kolasinac.

5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    2-0, Richarlisson, 81 mins.

6. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    After Marseille clear a corner, Hjobjerg drills in a beautiful cross that Richie glances in at the far post. What a signing!

7. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I never thought I would say this, but Kane and Son have been really poor tonight.

8. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Doherty and Bissouma on for Bentancur and Son.

9. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    4 added minutes

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Ben Davies with a great block in the last seconds to preserve the clean sheet after we sloppily give the ball away.

11. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
  12. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Marseille were the better team until the sending-off, a couple of moments of quality from Perisic and Hjobjerg to help Richie to a brace, but Kane and Son were alarmingly poor, hopefully that was just a blip.

13. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    They have a bunch of PL rejects in their side: Kolasinac. Guendouzi, Tavares and Alexis from Arsenal, Payet from West 'Am, Veretout from Villa and Bailly from Man u, plus Joey Barton was spotted in the away end with their supporters, who were brilliant btw.

14. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Pretty much agree with all the above. First half was dreadful. I don't know if that was nerves, or what. Hoddle, Crouch and Jenas (I was watching a stream of BT) were saying to quit flicking the ball and just control it and make a good pass. No kidding.

As bad as Son was, he drew that red card and that changed the game.Once w got those goals, everything was peach keen, of course. Never in doubt...

15. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Son has been off so far this season, and as I recall, it took him a minute to get fully up to speed when he first arrived. With the new players and new tactics, I would guess the same.

16. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Snuck a look at the score at around 65'. Nil-nil, up a man, and no shots on goal. I was mortified that I would check at FT and find we'd not scored. I'll look into the details when I get home, but I'm happy at the moment.

17. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Richarlison celebrating with his family afterwards gets you right in the feels, but I can't help but think this playing style is papering over the cracks. From the highlights I didn't see any clear chances they created until the Davies clearance right at the end, but we've got to do better with the chances we create. Or else there's going to be a 0-0 or a loss against an Everton or somebody soon, and the world will be ending.

18. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I've got a ticket for Spurs v Everton on 15 Oct, so it'd damn well better not be 0-0 or a loss.

Funkfoot repped this.