Tottenham vs Mamelodi Sundowns (R)

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by sendorange, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    if we play Huddlestone and Carrick in our midfield next season i reckon we can control a lot of games :)

2. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    In the other game Boca drew 0-0 with Sociedad

3. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is Cerny a class keeper or what? I'll feel sorry for him when Robbo is fit, he could easily hold a decent starting place in the Premiership with the ability he has shown so far. It's a good bit of competition.

A good win today, some lovely bits of football. Shame about the last 10 minutes being a bit sloppy, but it's to be expected in a preseason game in hot weather.

If we beat Sociedad we are in the final, if we draw then it will go to goal difference if Boca beat Sundowns.

4. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    The South Africans are use to the hot weather, that may have played apart in the final stages of the game, that and the subs which came on looked useful.

A few days ago Robbo said he may have been a bit optimistic about making the first game of the season so Cerny will start the season if Robbo is not fit.

5. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

haha yeah tottenham is pretty good! im watching a re-run.. if you didnt catch the game, you can follow the instructions and watch the taped match again

6. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That Zidane-style swivel pass at the end by Ham Sandwich was brilliant:

http://www.stealthsystems.de/temp/hamflick.mpg

A shame for him he's 5th choice striker, would love to see him play more. Looks to have the physical size to go with the skill.

7. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    Yeah that was a great piece of skill.

Shame for him about being 5th choice, good for us though :)

He does look abit like Mido, especially in this pic.

[​IMG]

8. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah definitely. I have got him confused a couple of times, commentators did as well.

9. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  10. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    LOL, the commentators was saying Mido even when the caption of his name came up and when they had a back shot with his name on the back of his shirt.

11. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    I couldn't watch the game :mad:

Did Lennon play on the left wing, or was that Routledge? Whoever played there, were they better that Reid?

Can someone write down the team and the positions for me including the subs.

Best Regards

Posh

12. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Sound's like Routledge stayed on the right and Lennon replaced the Reid. from the reports on the official site it looks like Routledge had a stormer. Hmmmm seem's like I will be eating my words from when I first started posting. :rolleyes:

How was Tainio, is he making the best claim so far of playing with Carrick in the middle? or would Huddlestone's performance put him into the reckoning?

13. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If you had seen Routledge play today you would be eating those words in a big way. Wonderful player, a lot of pace and skilll - and best of all he's been showing the final ball to go with it. I did not expect him to play so well, certainly not for a while.

14. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Link no worky.

15. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  16. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
  17. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    When Lennon came on he went to the right wing, Routledge went to the left.

I think if we dont bring anyone else in the centre midfielders to start the season would be Tainio and Carrick.

18. Malkamus

Malkamus New Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks for the video of the goals and that cheeky backheel -- I especially liked Kanoutes two touch rebound shot, handled so calmly and yet quickly.

I like the range of talent and style we are seeing in this tournament; seems to suit Spurs preseason targets and might spark some more creativity, wish I could catch the Sociodad game...

19. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    What's written across the kit?

20. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If we beat Real Sociedad we go throw to final :)

i'd like to see Defoe, Mido again and Lennon, Routlege and Huddlestone starting :)

21. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    That is our tour sponsor, i'm not sure what Thomson have to say about not having their logo across the shirt.

22. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

...maybe Thomson didn't pay for the airfair and so Levy ditched them for Standard Chartered.

I am off on Thursday (from Tony Robbins that is). Going to watch the game live at 1300 hours.

23. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    All our strikers look good including El Hamdaoui. I hope the front pairing for the season is Defoe - Mido.

Also, Cerny looks class. It's a shame he'll prolly move on in January. I remember the days when we had Ian "fvcking" Walker as our first choice.

*shudders*

24. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    Cerny's not going anywhere.

Mido & Defoe will be the front pairing as I stated a month ago.

25. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    You really think he'll stay as a no. 2 (no pun intended) ? If he does then that's great. I have doubts though. He's bound to have offers.