Tottenham vs. Arsenal [R] Pre/Dur/Post Match Thoughts

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Colm, Nov 8, 2004.

1. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    That song came from the Arsenal end, havent a clue what they said though.

Going back to the game, it was good to see Freddie Kanoute score, that was his first league goal since January & he has deserved a goal because his recent performances have been pretty good.

2. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    It is good to see Kanoute score. Hopefully he can produce the way he did at the start of the year last year. The African Cup really burned him out I think.

3. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Naybet gave away the ball twice that directly led to Arse goals. He had a nightmare. King was quite good for a crocked player, except for Henry's goal and running into Robinson (twaaaaat!) he was alright. Midfield was immense. Brown, finally played in his correct position, was awesome. Carrick was superb. Ziegler's distribution and workrate was excellent, and Mendes was as combative as ever. Defoe's goal was by far the best of the match, Keano was fairly anonymous, but when he got the ball he was great.

Basically, attacking-wise, this is like Spurs from the 80's. We haven't played such great football (esp. the 1st half) since Ardiles was manager. Unfortunately, we haven't defended so badly since Ardiles was manager. If Jol can just sort the defence out, we'll be laughing.

We badly need wide players. Especially now since Davies has gone to ********. Will Sean Davis automatically take his place back when he's fit? Or should Brown keep it?

4. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    When Davis comes back the centre midfield position is going to be really interesting. With Davis, Mendes, Carrick & Brown all after 2 positions. Maybe Mendes will play right midfield more with Carrick & Davis being the centre midfielders

5. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Nice work.

Any wonder why I use your techniques in the Arse forum?

6. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    I'm a pioneer of sorts.

7. LedleybetterthanSol

Jun 16, 2004
    Gold Coast/Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I love the way our midfield (sans Davies) has FINALLY found itself. It had been the only weak link to the team all year.

Carrick and Ziegler are working really, really well and are plaugginf those holes that were there.

Ignoring injuries our best four in the midfield right now is
    ---Ziegler---Carrick---Davis---Mendes

with Davies as a sub until he gets his groove back (come on Davies I'm a fan of yours and I believe you'll turn this around.

If we can buy one impact midfielder, a few more left sided players to cover injury, and another target striker in january we will have a great team overall IMO.

Another positive is there is still some deadwood we could sell for a few million pounds (Redknapp, Bunjy, Richo maybe, Tano etc.) that will offset most of what we have to buy and keep the wages down a little.

8. Claus KJ

Claus KJ New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Aarhus, Denmark
    To the tune of Volare

Santini, whoa oh oh oh
    Santini, whoa oh oh oh
    He knew that spurs were ********
    That's why he ************ing quit

KJ

9. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    A big striker is what we need, but i have to say Kanoute has played that role really well recently, even though he didn't score until Saturday.

10. LedleybetterthanSol

Jun 16, 2004
    Gold Coast/Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    note how I said another big striker. I like Kanoute and want him to stay. :cool:

11. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I finally got to see the match today. Gotta say it was a great match. Too bad Robinson had that horrible mistake.

12. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Yes, that is what was being sung. Well the Spurs "fans" surpassed themselves again with bottles thrown at Arsenal fans as they came out of the lower tier. The police had to close the exit for ten mins whilst they dealt with the idiots. Luckily no-one was hurt. The game was just bizarre. Ive been to plenty of derbies, but that was just crazy. Either team could of won and I very much doubt 9 goals will ever be scored in a derby match again.

13. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    FYP.