Tottenham vs. Arsenal [R] Pre/Dur/Post Match Thoughts

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Catfish, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    He's recently turned on Vieira, so the list of players phishy likes is getting awfully small. I'd say Henry, maybe Sol.

Oh, and I have it on good authority he has a poster of Lehmann in his closet... :p

2. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC

3. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jpatel-
    Back off-this was a joke to Phishy!
    Also, the wink smiley is usually a clue that someone is making or has made a joke (whether you think it is funny or not is irrelevant.)

Thanks to everyone who has posted here for a while and actually got the joke.

4. Fun with Acid

Fun with Acid New Member

Mar 12, 2004
    Lake Kinkaid
    If anyone is a Moron its me! Kolo should be in Vieira's spot when we find a new central defender.

5. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I havent been posting on here that long but even I got it ;) .

-N1

6. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Note to bigsoccer.com posters: if you are going to mock someone, crticize a post, or call people names, it really helps your case if you know how to spell.

7. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Haha...fair enough. Anyhow...my final prediction...about 4 and a half hours before K.O. time...

3-0 Arsenal
    Ljungberg (2)
    Henry

8. Girlbinti

Girlbinti Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Folks,

I am not receiving a "live" broadcast from FSW! The soccernet commentary on the web via my slow dialup connection is 2 minutes ahead of the FSW commentary!!

Anybody else notice that?

9. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I haven't checked soccernet, but watching on FSW. They did start it up a few minutes after.

Not passing well at all. I'm not feeling good at the moment, but hopefully they will turn that around.

10. poiter

poiter New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Hey there,

Are you seeing pictures of the game of the net or on television. I am from Oz and trying to find a link to watch Liverpool play later on tonight. I have seen Champions league games on the net but none of the EPL. Can you send me any links that you know of that telecast the footy over the net.
    Theanks
    Pete

11. soccerphan

soccerphan New Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Philadelphia, USA

my biggest spelling pet peeve is the incorrect use of your and you're. drives me nuts.

back to the game

12. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Do any of you guys want commentary, btw? I'm watching the game anyway.

13. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's already killing me to watch it let alone comment on it. So I'd prefer to stay rolled up in a ball at 4:45am wondering what the hell they are doing out there.

At least TH14 just put us back to even. Thank you TH14!

14. Davros

Davros Member

Mar 13, 2004
    Mandurah
    Great goal to Henry as the last kick of the half equalises the score at 1-1. Shocking lapse in defense at the back post to let the Scum open the scoring, but one the whole we have dominated the play.

15. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Um, was that a yes or a no? :confused:

At any rate, that looked a bit offside, but c'est la vie.

16. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Lehmann's save from the Defoe/Vieira/Cygan header was fooking marvelous...any keeper would be proud..how good did it look from that side angle.

17. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    I think the boys are going to get a stiff talking to at half time. Very sluggish today. I know the early kick-off is a factor but this is the Scum we're playing? PV4 and Cesc are doing a poor job of controlling the middle. Ash is leaving Cygan hanging and where have the dynamics gone from JAR? Can't really complain about Titi coz he's kept us in it, but, when's he going to get out of 2nd gear? And when are we going to learn how to defend set pieces (and no you can't blame Cygan for everything!)?

Come on you Gunners!!!

18. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Our midfield has not been getting the ball through to anyone. They keep passing to open space and the Scum are getting it. The defense broke down on the goal, and on plenty of other plays. TH14 even had to cover back at one point. Where's our midfield today?

Man I'm so glad TH14 got that goal in the last seconds. This was really looking gloomy. I don't enjoy these games at 4am my time.

19. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    45' All Arsenal, despite some very sloppy passing on both sides.

20. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    46' Wow. Reyes has an absolutely free shot after some bizarre Spurs defending (it looked like he let it go) and just slides it to Robinson.

21. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Let's hope we have a good second half. I'm going to try to stay positive.

I'm waking everyone in the neighborhood up with all the yelling at the TV. Even my dogs are howling away with me.

22. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    48' Cygan and co. deal well with Keane. Neither side can do much of anything right now, and Bergkamp crosses to the far post where Lauren can tamely head back to Robinson.

23. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    50' And as I say that, Mendes is given acres of space to cross, and its just touched away. Arsenal break, and after a cross win a throw. Confusion between King and Robinson wins a corner.

24. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    52' Cygan got on the end of the corner with his foot, but skies it. Tough chance.

25. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    53' Arsenal have a lot more possession this half, and are doing better in midfield, but the balls in the final third are still sloppy. Spurs look dangerous on the break.