Tottenham vs. Arsenal [R] Pre/Dur/Post Match Thoughts

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Catfish, Nov 7, 2004.

1. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    http://www.physioroom.com/news/table_current.shtml

thats the EPL current injury table

says Campbell and Clichy expected back Saturday

its kinda like a derby for Chelsea too
    they playing Fulham

2. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    As I quietly say the Sh'ma over and over, I ask the lord to please bless the faithful with a gooner victory over the Sperms. Our will to win, coupled with the managerial shakeup of Santini, should equal an Arsenal victory.

They can't score enough goals and, as said before, we most certainly need to get an early goal in. Would it be too much to ask for Henry to just take the kick off and put it in the net immediately?;)

On a different note, I am debating whether or not to go watch my first game at Nevada Smith's...any other NYC gooners gonna be there?

GP

3. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the game is live starting at 11:30am on Sky Sports 2 for any UK folks.

4. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    Spot on. In the glory days of good old racist football, fans, and particularly 'those perfect Arsenal fans who never do anything bad ever unlike those horrible Spurs fans blah blah' - Rick, used to call us the yids due to our large jewish following.

There is indeed, to this day a large, wierd looking jewish population living in Stamford Hill, allegedly commiting large scale fraud (trust me, I know about such things as I do a lot of legal work in the area). Rather hilarious really considering I always thought ultra orthodox jews took a vow of poverty, and yet they seem obsessed with grabbing every last morsel of tax exemptions, benefits, properties (let to relatives who then claim benefits to help with their rent :rolleyes: ) and public funds they can get their mitts on to ship back to their offshore bank accounts and boost the mountains of capital held in Israel, but anyway...

Anyway, enough criticism of my fellow yids, they also have skull caps with spurs badges on them which is quite cool, and yes, Spurs fans, as a sign of solidarity with their jewish brothers, took on the 'yiddo' label and made it a badge of honour.

You can see God's Holy Arena, White Hart Lane from Stamford Hill btw. As opposed to Scumbury, which is hidden behind rows of houses. It's as if Islington's embarassed... But then it does bring Finsbury Park a bit more downmarket. :D

5. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    It appears that now Tottenham is the new Arsenal. Your ignorance is awesome.

6. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Unless I'm doing the insulting, of course. :D There are a couple of posters (and yossarian probably knows which ones) who've driven me to publically wish that carnivorous ticks would use their rectums for picnics. Although, I think that was in the spirit of the debate.

7. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Man, my butt is getting itchy.. :D

8. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    lee Dixon had an interesting comment, sp:rolleyes:rs think this is like a Cup final since they win ******** all.

9. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    I'm jaded.

10. Detlef

Detlef Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

the Milk Cup???

Lee Dixon is my hero :)

11. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    That's not what I was referring to.

12. jpatel1508

jpatel1508 New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    This wouldn't be completly my lineup, but this is what I think Wenger should go with (if he wants to stick with the back 4), if we have a chance of winning the match against Spurs:

Lehman
    Lauren Toure Cygan Cole
    Ljungberg Viera Cesc Reyes
    Van Persie Henry

Pires doesn't deserve to start after the ************ performances he's bring in the last 5 or 6 games...nor does Bergkamp, who does very little now. I hope we don't extend Pires contract past 2006 (like he wants)...our youngsters deserve to have a chance to shine shouldn't they? This has got to be Bergkamp's last season. No matter how influential he can be, he goes on a long run of bad form every season now. I want Lupoli and Quincy to earn the bench posistions.
    I'd personally don't like Lauren or Cygan at our defense. My ideal would be move Toure at right back (since he can't defend without Sol) and move Senderos at the CB spot with Sol when he comes back.

13. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    If? You could take your first team, put their names on a piece of paper, get 11 randomly out of a hat, and that team would still have more than enough talent to beat Spurs.

14. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok this post seems crazy. Heck even nicephoras realizes that your "if" is silly. Your comments about Pires are off base. He has hardly been the problem over the last few games. If Edu and PV were playing with last years form and Cygan didn't give away goals every single game, we'd likely still be undefeated no matter how Pires played.

I also don't get your comments about the kids. Sure they've done well in the League cup but its a little early to be writing off great players to give the kids a hole to fill. I haven't seen Senderos play but all the accounts I've heard of his play in the League Cup make it seem like he'd actually be a downgrade (shocking as that is) from Cygan.

Lauren hasn't been horrible this year. He is playing about as well as last year although I do wish that AW made him stay at home a bit more to ease the pressure on Kolo.

15. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arsenal are gonna whoop Sperzz azz tomorrow!! :D

No more colorful commentary from me today, going to play golf in a company sponsored tournament (just wanted to brag about it still being warm enough to play in short sleeves and miss work!!) :) Got my Gunner red on and everything!

Go Gunners!

16. jpatel1508

jpatel1508 New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    Yeah I know. It's just the way we are playing right now, I don't know what to expect. I've predicted thrashings everygame since we lost against ManU, and have been wrong. So this time, I predict us drawing or worse losing...so hopefully I can be surprised tomorrow. I know our reserves could beat Spurs easily...let see if our starters can.

Pires needs to be dropped to the bench as he is playing with an infection and is not at his best. It's about damn time, we see Robin Van Persie.

17. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Its possible, but if you play up to your potential, the lineup you put out there is irrelevant.

18. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Were going to Thrash Tottenham.

4-1

Henry
    Henry
    Van Persie
    Reyes

And Defoe will score early in the 2nd Half.

-N1

19. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this time will be a little different. Remember last year when we won the league, Spurs still battled back to draw that game. With the way Arsenal are playing now and the fact that Spurs seem to be a bit better, I don't know what to expect. However, the game is live so I shall be enjoying it either way. Unless of course.....well you know.

20. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003

or learn to actually play defense at all~

21. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Phishy-
    Do you like any of our players????? ;)

22. jpatel1508

jpatel1508 New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    arsenalgirl, just because somebody criticises their own team's player, doesn't mean he doesn't love the team. Is Lauren vital to our success I ask you? If you say yes, your a moron.

23. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But if you move Kolo to rb and put a kid (who everyone but you thinks isn't ready for EPL) in at central defense you are a genius, right? :rolleyes:

My point is that at this time Lauren at RB is the best way to fit our best defenders onto the pitch at the same time. Yes, it would be nice if the team could go out and buy another central defender and pickup a worldclass rb at the same time but until that happens I'd like AW to stick with as much of the defense that let in the least number of goals in the EPL last year.

24. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Woah matey. Everyone has their own preferances as to who plays for the team. Steph and Phishy always tease each other, so you strolling on in and calling her a moron if she thinks Lauren is vital to the team is a bit strong..... I personally think that he is vital. He's a super defender, he was unbeaten last season and is one of four reasons as to why we have one of the best defence's in the Prem..... So slow down on the "moron calling".

25. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    He was voted the best RB in the EPL last year, so I don't think he as much of a drain on the Gunners as you seem to think he is.

Lauren is Lauren. You know what you're going to get, and compared to what most teams throw out there, he's an improvement.