Tottenham vs. Arsenal [R] Pre/Dur/Post Match Thoughts

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Catfish, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Rambler

Rambler New Member

May 6, 2003
    I don't think so Miles.

But then thats the type of thing you Goonas would say. I never thought another club would be able to outdo Man Utd for arrogance, well congratulations, you proved me wrong.

I suppose you get it from Thierry "I am the reincarnation" Henry. His goal celebrations are getting more absured by the week. Now he doesnt even bother smiling, he just gives it the big "I am". Surely the next Michael Jackson in the making.

And as for you Goonas, well I suppose you had 40 years of crap boring if occasionally successful football to endure, maybe we shouldnt despise you so much.

But then your arrogance goes and spoils it

2. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm on a bandwagon? Crap!! I thought this was a chuckwagon. I'm starving ;)

What a stupid statement. Check your roster before making such comments.

3. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    If you can't take the p*ss out of your nearest and longest standing rivals when you beat them then whats the point of being a football fan ? Yeah there's more to it than that, like sticking with your team when they play naff football and sell their best players and get relegated etc. but you live for the high points, and anyway you'll see that it was a Spurs fan that started having a moan :p At the end of the day Arsenal are a much better team than Spurs and have been for 15 or more years. When Spurs get the upper hand(if ever) then I'll still be supporting Arsenal, but I won't be accusing people who I know absolutely nothing about of being bandwagonners.

4. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    I wasn't actually being arrogant, I was INSULTING YOUR team. I thought you deserved it as you insulted me. Seemed fair...

which means what exactly ?

But I thought you despised us because we're glory hunters ? Surely glory hunters wouldn't endure 40 years of boring football ? Make your mind up

Oh well I'm glad you didn't go all soft on me there, I would have hated to have had to pretend you like you too

5. Rambler

Rambler New Member

May 6, 2003
    Miles, when did you locate to Coventry ? Do you miss London ?

6. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England

About 17 years ago when I went to University, made friends then got a job here and a mortgage and ended up staying...

Oh sorry, you were trying to insinuate that I picked Arsenal rather than my home town Coventry because they're more successful...Sorry but I supported them before that!

pardon me for being stupid

7. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread is getting harsh! Its sad how you can hear the desparation and jealousy in the blubbering voices of the Spurs trolls. WE ARE A BIG CLUB! WE DO MATTER! ITS NOT FAIR THAT YOUR MANAGEMENT IS SANE! WHAAA! WHAA! WHY DO NEW FANS LIKE YOUR TEAM JUST CAUSE THEY PLAY WELL? WHAAA! WERE STILL THE FIFTH BEST TEAM IN LONDON! WHAAAA! YOU SIGNED OUR BEST PLAYER! WHAAA! Its pathetic.

8. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rambler is right
    if your club is doing well you are a bandwagoner
    if dont wanna be a bandwagoner support spurs

9. LedleybetterthanSol

Jun 16, 2004
    Gold Coast/Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Get over it dude it is called a screenname. But nice cop-out, you didn't add anything of substance, so why bother replying at all?

I know however we can't take you seriously, because anyone that focuses on a screenname is a ******** poster.

10. LedleybetterthanSol

Jun 16, 2004
    Gold Coast/Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    anyway, congrats to Arsenal for the win. It was a memorable game if only for all the goals, but good on you guys.

Now I think we should get off all the "spurs are getting relegated", and " arsenal fans are bandwagoners" talk.

11. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003

Good shout mate. My point was that when "TexasGooner" or whatever has a pop, it means nothing. The people who can have a go are the ones who earn it, not anyone who has a bit of merchandise.

12. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

All I will say is that those of us that have seen the old first division, know that football has come a long way in terms of both quality and different support. Having the ability to watch the Premiership from the US and worldwide will only increase the revenue all clubs get, not just the top 4 or 5. At the end of the day, when Sky took over and the Premiership began, Cantana and then in the second year, Beckham made the Premiership what it is today. Without them Arsenal would not be needing a new stadium (lets face it, we were lucky to sell out in the 1990's) and Chelski would not be russian. But it did happen, we all benifited and lost out in different ways. Lets not have a go at people who just through a love of football were attracted to the Prem for whatever reason.

13. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Or in other words: Elitism is gay - so stop it!

14. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Jeez, you have to simplify everything don't you!! :)

15. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Why can't you just admit that ManU made the premeirship what it is today.
    :D

Okay, it's not that simple. Props to sky and the money they brought. Sad to see some of the changes (eg Stoke's not in the top flight; more foreign players) but a lot of profesionalism has been brought to the game thanks to the premiership.

Excellent point. I can understand why "true fans" get upset. But the same changes that brought the bandwagon fans to Arse are likely the same changes that brought the Reyes, Wenger, Henry and folks to Highbury.

16. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Just trying to get your usually excellant, but generally over-flowery, points across to the lay-man.

Lets face it. Half decent spelling, use of punctuation and capilisation, and non contatenating (well YOU try spelling it) sentances are not the norm here at BigSoccer :)

17. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This probably isn't the right thread for it, and maybe a good discussion exists elsewhere -- if so, just point me to it. But for us Yanks who came a bit later to the party (us "glory hunters" if you will, though as I've pointed out elsewhere one of the several reasons I chose to follow Arsenal is that they were clearly competitive, but not at the top of the heap), how exactly does the "prem" differ from previous incarnations of the league? I gather from some comments I've seen that it was not a simple matter of renaming the top division, and then bumping all the lower divisions up a number, as was done this year for Divs 1-3, but I'm not clear on what changes took place in ... '92 was it?

TIA to he/she/them who enlighten me.

18. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Ah, a hint maybe that I need to think about condensing my sentances when talking utter bull. Ok - I'll take ZANI lessons!!

19. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I don't dispute that the Premiership is a much better league than the old first division was and you are right to credit Sky with much of that but how does that impact on the role of foreign fans.

While some clubs do make money out in the far east and the States most of it is generated at home. The amount contributed at present by foreign merchandise and foreign television revenues for most clubs is negligable, when compared to gate receipts.

I wasn't having a go at Texas Gooner (or whatever his name is), I was simply pointing out that his is not really a position from which to gloat over Spurs fans. He chose a club that was already very successful, whether it was the most successful or not. It doesn't mean anything.